Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1161 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #11866
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- thank youuuu! And yeah I passed out.. but in all classy areas, I do it in the restrooms when I'm on my own... then I got the dirtiest look given to me from a woman because I was sprawled out on the floor disorientated... so typical of the area though, also found a bruise under the skin on my left shoulder this morning, I'm really battered haha! But I'm doing okay, now I've been keeping my sugar levels up today and drinking a lot more. ^_^ And I know right!? The moment I can get onto the floor in a comfortable position with my leg, I'll be working more on the tail so hopefully I'll be able to get better images of the fabric once it's sewn onto the main part of the tail ^_^

Unread 08-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #11867
nessabutterfly

Furie-- a few hours after I got my navel pierced, I passed out. Some sort of delayed pain reaction...
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #11868
Fairydusted

Furie- the tattoo is gorgeous. I'm getting my first one soon and have been browsing tattoo tumblrs I looked at disneu ones last night and Ariel by far makes the most beautiful ones. *I'm not getting a Disney one right now , I wish before our trip but I'd hate to take money from the kids that could be spent on wdw souveniers! I like the sillheuette of Peter Pam Wendy and her brothers flying - I may get that

Going to start redoing my rapunzel tomorrow. Not feeling well enough to do it to go get fabric today. Anyone have bodice suggestions? I had some kind of silk with a floral print last time but want something different. Also going to attempt to bone it. Someone tell me it's not as hard as I'm thinking ...
Fairydusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 11:56 PM   #11869
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairydusted View Post
Furie- the tattoo is gorgeous. I'm getting my first one soon and have been browsing tattoo tumblrs I looked at disneu ones last night and Ariel by far makes the most beautiful ones. *I'm not getting a Disney one right now , I wish before our trip but I'd hate to take money from the kids that could be spent on wdw souveniers! I like the sillheuette of Peter Pam Wendy and her brothers flying - I may get that

Going to start redoing my rapunzel tomorrow. Not feeling well enough to do it to go get fabric today. Anyone have bodice suggestions? I had some kind of silk with a floral print last time but want something different. Also going to attempt to bone it. Someone tell me it's not as hard as I'm thinking ...
its really not that hard! go back a few pages there was a good tutorial posted
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #11870
nessabutterfly

I have been motivated to sew again! Nothing Disney, but soooo gorgeous!! Actually... Now I'm thinking-- maybe it could be Disney. I could do something like it in blue and make it a fancy Cinderella inspired dress... Ooohhh... http://s1.zerochan.net/Sakizou.240.85012.jpg

Or maybe I should so a steampunk-ish Cinderella. Clock parts would be very appropriate!

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 08-18-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Unread 08-18-2012, 02:09 AM   #11871
Sharnie

I have yet to read it but there is a book recently out (I believe) called Cinder, and as far as I can tell it's a steam punk retelling of Cinderella. But I haven't read it so I'm not sure how applicable it is to your costume.
Belle's provincial blue dress - for myself - started.
Kida - for my sister
Snow White - for myself
Sharnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #11872
nessabutterfly

Sharnie-- You mean this http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater Cinder? The author is a friend of mine and I made the dress for her book release. Of course, the dress (other than being covered in machine oil) isn't steampunk at all. You should read it though--it's so good!

I did draw up an idea of what I might do. Picture: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

Last edited by nessabutterfly : 08-18-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:49 AM   #11873
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Thanks guys! Cant wait for the last session in three weeks to get it finished now XP!

Fairydusted- thanks and ooh that sounds like a lovely tattoo idea! My only guidance is that as you're getting your first one is make sure you wont ever regret it when your older and it actually has a meaning to you other than "you think its pretty" kinda thing. I know it sounds rather obvious but the stories I've heard of people getting cover ups done on disney tattoos because they end up not liking the characters anymore is insane lol Sorry if it sounds like i'm talking down on you I really don't mean it like that ^_^ I have a few tattoos now so I like to help anyone with advice when their getting their first one. Even Ariel on my calf has a stronger meaning than "she's my fav princess" to me. Also it means you get to tell a story of why the tat is there on your body to people who will be like "you'll regret that when you're older". lol!!!

No cosplay updates from me, gotta get ready for my mate's wedding reception this evening as (in the words of Scuttle) THEY'RE GETTING HITCHED THIS AFTERNOON!! (or probably have just got hitched now)
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:36 AM   #11874
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Dolewhip ~ Some how I missed your post! Worse comes to worse if I decide I don't want the shine I can use the back side. But I do like how the color looks xD

Furie ~ Besides being battered I'm glad you're okay. And I can't WAIT to see the tail!!

Nessa ~ I think that'd look REALLY Pretty!!!!!

Is it just me or do the types of costumes being done by us on here tend to come in bursts. Rapunzel, Aurora, Cindy, Ariel. There's always a few of us working on the same character at the same time? Just something I've noticed over the years!

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #11875
Fairydusted

Kiggi- thanks ill check back in the thread was it this month or further back?

Furie - oh believe me I know! *My first is actually going to be inner wrist "only love remains " and dh is getting it too. It's from a song we like and well the line is pretty self explanatory.*

If I get the Peter pan one it will have meaning too- I sing the "i know a place where we can go where time is never planned it's not on any chart you must find it in your heart... Never neverland" song to all my kids so makes me think of them *

Even if Ariel was just your fav no deeper meaning I say go for it, I know disney stuff just always makes me smile and feel happy. What a dork right?!

Nessa steam punk Cindy would be great! The clocks would be so appropo!

I went to get the baby's fabric for cinderella mice dress today and so bummed that they didn't have the right pink in any silk satin or ANY nice fabrics...*

I decides with my older dd that color was more important than fabric- especially since it has some light pink on it and the only pink they had was super light pink so that wouldn't work. They also had some fuschia ish and bright pink but I'd already used that on the Anastasia dress so it would be similar. So we just got a cotton fabric. I'll make it look good though.*

Could I do the under whiter layer / ruffle in satin or would that look dumb with cotton?*
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #11876
kiggi

page 784 and 785 have stuff on boning there are 2 ways that are easy to explain, using twill tape or ribbon pinned into the lining and channels that way, or using the seam allowance to make them. the seam allowance way basically is using the fabric of your seam allowance as the pocket by sewing through all layers about 3/16 in from seam (or as wide as your boning is.... )
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #11877
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairydusted View Post
Furie - oh believe me I know! *My first is actually going to be inner wrist "only love remains " and dh is getting it too. It's from a song we like and well the line is pretty self explanatory.*

If I get the Peter pan one it will have meaning too- I sing the "i know a place where we can go where time is never planned it's not on any chart you must find it in your heart... Never neverland" song to all my kids so makes me think of them *

Even if Ariel was just your fav no deeper meaning I say go for it, I know disney stuff just always makes me smile and feel happy. What a dork right?!
XD! That's cool! You're definitely not a dork, it makes me feel smile and feel happy too... even to the point when in Supernatural there's a Disney reference I giggle like a child haha! ^_^ Little Mermaid has been in my life since I was 2 years old, I remember it would be the only film I'd sit and watch with my gran (who passed when i was of infant school age) and I'd watch it alone when I was feeling low and stuff... I looked up to Ariel as an idol and inspirational hero, the whole whole film carried me through a tough childhood that I had with my dad who treated me badly, now I'm being her whenever I want! ^_^ So it only seemed fitting to get a tattoo of her! I'm going to be getting Eric and Max hopefully maybe next year or something on the upper inside of my calf to complete the 'story' i think my tattoo is showing too XD At some point I wouldn't mind getting another small Ariel tattoo so I can put the wording "I Remember" with it, to give dedication to my Gran as that song from TLM3 always makes me think of her.

Sasha- I cant wait to finish it! I really have to get moving with it, but I'm feeling so lazy at the same time haha and you're not the only one who's noticed that pattern arise, even I have! haha

OH! To those of you who were on my Facebook... I deleted it, then made a new profile, you can add me here: http://www.facebook.com/mika.nightingale.5

Last edited by FuriePhoenix : 08-19-2012 at 04:21 PM.
FuriePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #11878
Fairydusted

[quote=FuriePhoenix;4494964]XD! That's cool! You're definitely not a dork, it makes me feel smile and feel happy too... even to the point when in Supernatural there's a Disney reference I giggle like a child haha! ^_^ Little Mermaid has been in my life since I was 2 years old, I remember it would be the only film I'd sit and watch with my gran (who passed when i was of infant school age) and I'd watch it alone when I was feeling low and stuff... I looked up to Ariel as an idol and inspirational hero, the whole whole film carried me through a tough childhood that I had with my dad who treated me badly, now I'm being her whenever I want! ^_^ So it only seemed fitting to get a tattoo of her! I'm going to be getting Eric and Max hopefully maybe next year or something on the upper inside of my calf to complete the 'story' i think my tattoo is showing too XD At some point I wouldn't mind getting another small Ariel tattoo so I can put the wording "I Remember" with it, to give dedication to my Gran as that song from TLM3 always makes me think of her.[quote]

Aw I think that's a great reason for an Ariel tat. I've seen some pretty cool looking sillohuete ones of Ariel that may work well for your small *memorial one.*

Got the pink Cinderella dress cut out for my soon to be two year old tonight. She keeps holding it up saying baby Ariel dress... Close.*

Can't wait to finish it so I can do my rapunzel. Still haven't decided on bodice fabric...*
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #11879
Sharnie

Hi all, It's time that I bother you all again. I'm starting my first project without my tutor, and I am stuck at the most underwhelming point. I still can't really tell the direction of the grain. Do any of you have any hints for figuring it out?
Belle's provincial blue dress - for myself - started.
Kida - for my sister
Snow White - for myself
Sharnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #11880
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharnie View Post
Hi all, It's time that I bother you all again. I'm starting my first project without my tutor, and I am stuck at the most underwhelming point. I still can't really tell the direction of the grain. Do any of you have any hints for figuring it out?
From what I've come to understand (from what the patterns I buy say) if you situate your pattern along the same direction as the selvage (this is the best example, the part opposite of where the fold is: http://daisyjanie.typepad.com/.a/6a0...e60e970d-800wi)

I may be wrong though, I think grain changes depending on what type of fabric it is? I'm sure someone on here knows exactly what it is...

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote