Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #46
FeyMeggan

Okay, I guess the next question is: What time is the parade DONE? Otherwise knowing when/where people already have areas booked is sorta moot.

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total
FeyMeggan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #47
Yukishiro
I am my own entourage :)

According to the schedule on the DC app, the parade is scheduled from 10-11am. Not sure if it ever runs over though
Yukishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #48
FeyMeggan

Okay, that helps narrow down times. Looks like not much is offically scheduled around that time, so now onto locaitons. I went to this link and looked at various locations people have used in teh past. I know it sucks when all princessed up to get far afield, but these are the areas I thought might do well for a princess bit. PLEASE feel free to throw in your two cents!
Sheraton pool atrium
Marquis Tower 1 lobby staircase
marquis tower 2 lobby staircase
secret food court

Obviously the Marquis Tower(1 or 2) lobby staircases would be the fastest to get to, but I guess it'll depend if people want indoor or outdoor, and exactly how many people may show up. Those that are on the fb page feel free to poll around there for opinions!

Sanity Check
Costume list 2009: Finished 17 initially planned :: 15 completed :: 6 moved to next year
Costume list 2010: Started 6 from '09 :: 9 initially planned, now up to 22 total

Last edited by FeyMeggan : 08-19-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Unread 08-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #49
Yukishiro

Just a heads up, I noticed on Facebook Dragon*Con 2012 photoshoots group page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/341362562585709/) that photos wouldn't be allowed at the Suntrust building. Other than that, this will be my first year so I have no idea on the other locations :P

"No shoots will be allowed at SunTrust. There will be armed guards all around the building...so even the cool shoots from the 'sides' will not be allowed.
Just a heads up to all wishing to shoot there, you need to find another spot which is really lame since Sun Trust is purrrrfect for so many shoots."
Unread 08-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #50
ChristinaDawn
ChristinaDawn

I def wanted pictures with the step sisters! i love them, I will prob wear cinderella this day! : ) so excited!
ChristinaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #51
FeyMeggan

LOL I"ll edit the list accordingly, I did not see a warning about the SunTrust location, thank you Yukishiro!

Sanity Check
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #52
Charuu

Ah hope I'm not too late or butting in, but I'll be doing Twisted Pocahontas. c:
Charuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #53
Android raptor
Batshit Ghinius Fangirl

Off topic, but are there any more general Disney meets happening? Because I'm bringing Scar.

Costumes
Uniform!Ghinius Sakhalin (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Elpeo Puru (ZZ Gundam), Kyoji Kasshu (Mobile Fighter G Gundam), Jirarudan/Lawrence III/the collector (Pokemon: the Movie 2000), Uniform!Quess Paraya (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack) Gijinka!Scar (The Lion King)
Android raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #54
Yukishiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android raptor View Post
Off topic, but are there any more general Disney meets happening? Because I'm bringing Scar.
There is talk in a couple different locations about a disney shoot. Whether times/locations get worked out is still to be determined.
Here are the ones that I've found though:
-https://www.facebook.com/events/222725491126089/ (Saturday @ 3:00pm? - no location specified yet)
-https://www.facebook.com/groups/341362562585709/ (Hosted by Sherri Davis-Friday @ 2:00pm in the Hardy Ivy Park) You can find an excel schedule to download on the facebook page with all the shoot slots.

Much confusion trying to figure out what all is going on with Disney shoots @_@
Unread 08-20-2012, 01:06 AM   #55
Kay Dee

FYI - Marquis tower is closed on the weekends. So if any of you are planning a Sat photo shoot there you can't get to the stairs location on Sat/Sun. Only Friday.

I'm so bummed, I can't get together on Saturday with everyone because I'm marching in the parade in a different costume.

Is anyone still up for Friday? Someone on FB proposed 2:00 - but I don't know if that works for any of the Friday people?
Kay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #56
mayanempire
mayanempire

Too bad about the Marquis Tower unavailability! How about the Sheraton Pool Atrium for Saturday, then? I see the fb event suggests 3pm. I was personally hoping for something earlier and immediately after the parade, but it would be nice to accommodate as many people as possible. If there is a way to combine efforts, that'd be fantastic.
mayanempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #57
Yukishiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay Dee View Post
Is anyone still up for Friday? Someone on FB proposed 2:00 - but I don't know if that works for any of the Friday people?
I'm going to try to make the Friday shoot at 2:00, it just depends on how long it takes us to get to our hotel from the airport, get checked in etc. on if I have time to get dressed in time.
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #58
Poki_Toshi

I'm still up for Friday.
Upcoming cons: Momocon, Dragoncon, AWA
Poki_Toshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #59
FeyMeggan

I'm fine with 3pm, I'll be in Lotte all day, and pretty hard to miss. For those of us that aren't on the FB group maybe keep this area posted about any ideas they banter about?

Sanity Check
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #60
mayanempire
mayanempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeyMeggan View Post
I'm fine with 3pm, I'll be in Lotte all day, and pretty hard to miss. For those of us that aren't on the FB group maybe keep this area posted about any ideas they banter about?
Unfortunately, no one is saying anything in terms of a location or even a confirmation for 3p on Saturday. I'll update here when/if the organizers chime in. As of now, Friday is looking like the only confirmed shoot.
mayanempire is offline   Reply With Quote