Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Makeup/Eye Contacts Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.
Unread 08-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
ladysuki1289

Review: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Hey everyone~!

I'm writing this review for the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, since I decided to jump on the bandwagon and try it out. What I like most about Maybelline's brand of BB Cream is that it has a variety of colors, which is good from me since I am chocolate-skinned and wearing BB Cream for the lighter folks makes me look like a white faced ghost.

Here is a link to the product at Target, where I purchased it: here
ANYWAY, I paid $7.44 for the BB Cream in Deep tone and here's my review:

What is BB Cream?

BB Cream is a Blemish Beauty cream, which means it has multiple purposes that make it an excellent addition to your make-up collection. This particular brand boasts 8 different uses: 1. Blurs imperfections, 2. Brightens, 3. Evens Skin Tone, 4. Smoothes, 5. Hydrates, 6. Enhances, 7. Protects with SPF and 8. It has no oils or heavy stuff

Does it really work?

I haven't been using it for a terribly long time, but I have noticed a difference in my face. The BB Cream is very light and easy to put on, but for 7 bucks, you wonder if this small tube of supposed miracle make-up is worth it. It definitely brightens up my face whenever I put it on, and with my combination skin, I haven't broken out from wearing it at all. So far, so good. The downside to the BB Cream is that I have parts of my face that are much more oily than others...so I've had to pat down my nose at least once during the day because it was so shiny. I'm sure if I put on a powder foundation with it, that shine might go away, but that shine happens with any make-up I wear so it doesn't have anything to do with the cream.

When applying remember that a little bit goes a very long way. I typically stay to the five dots rule: a dot for the nose, both cheeks, chin and forehead and then spread it out from there.

What are the uses?

BB Cream can be used as a base for your make-up or as the only make-up you put on for the entire day. I'm in the second category, as I really don't like the fuss and time, and it's excellent for all day coverage. Of course, I haven't noticed my freckles or moles get smothered by the cream either, but hey, I'm not trying to. Always, always, always WASH IT OFF AT NIGHT. Do not go to sleep with this on your face. It's still make-up, treat it like so. Wash with your cleanser, put on your regular mositurizer, etc BEFORE you put the BB Cream on and AFTER you take it off.

And there's my review! Any questions?

Last edited by ladysuki1289 : 08-16-2012 at 11:23 AM.
ladysuki1289 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Great Review! I've been seeing the ad for this on TV alot. I got some questions! I got sensitive dry skin along with eczema and its very hard for me to find something like this that won't break me out. Do you think this is safe for my skin? Also I think i am darker than the deep color. What do you think would work for me if this doesnt?

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
ladysuki1289

Thank you very much! I've actually never seen the ad for it, haha, but it was one of the few brands that offered a BB Cream in multiple shades.

I'm not sure since you have eczema...but when I wear mine, I put my regular mositurizer on before applying the BB Cream. As you have sensitive skin, I'd try a brand called Simple, its meant specifically for sensitive skin. Or Ambi, which is a black skin care line that me and my boyfriend use (he has eczema too). Here's a link to both, at CVS:

Simple Skin Care: here

Ambi: here

After cleaning your face with either of these products and then applying a moisturizer, you should be okay to apply the BB Cream. As far as color goes, it should be fine. I tried the Medium/Deep color and it looked fine until I took a picture, lol. That's the best way to test the shades. If you show up white-faced in a picture with the flash on that means your make-up is the wrong shade. But I'm actually brighter than the deep tone and it blends really well. The good thing about buying make-up is that if it doesn't match, most stores let you return it.

You could try the L'Oreal BB Cream in Deep or go for a more expensive brand like Too Faced or Smashbox ($32 and $36 respectively), but I haven't tried either of those yet. BB Cream is brand new and the American market is just now getting their hands on it, so there aren't that many brands that have the "deeper" shades for people like us.

Another idea is getting the light BB Cream and mixing it with your regular foundation. I'd imagine a good foundation for someone with your skin type would be something that's hypoallergenic, possibly talc free. Anyway, what you do in this method is get a little bit of the BB Cream and then mix it with a small amount of foundation (powder or liquid). You want to have enough to visibly see the color change but not TOO much; I'd check out Youtube for better instructions...since I've never tried this method.

I will say, though, if your face starts itching or feelings odd, TAKE THE MAKE-UP OFF IMMEDIATELY. We don't want to make your eczema flair up or anything. Other than that, I think you'll be fine. Make sure you keep your recepit, lol.

Oh and I forgot... I give the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream a 7/10 because my face looks visbly brighter but my oily spots are still a bit shiny, ^__^;
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Thank you for the reply. I will try that mixing method and only test it on a small area of my skin. I hadn't heard of ambi till now I will have to google more on it. Thanks again

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
ladysuki1289

You're very welcome! ^_^
Unread 05-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
emmisu
King of Toast

I also bought this stuff and tried to use it. It made me really oily, and if I'm wearing a wig my skin gets INCREDIBLY sweaty to the point where beads of sweat roll down my face.

Coverage was fine for me, though it was so liquid-y it would leak out of the container sometimes.

Color was fine too, though I need something besides translucent powder to finish covering my face. I haven't been wearing foundation for over a year so anything on my face feels really weird.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote