Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 198 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #6541
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui Kune View Post
Ooooh Tarina, you should totally have the Love-Me Chain belt for Venus if she's not Super! (Personally if I cosplayed Super Venus or Super Pluto I'd take a liberty keep their manga standard form belts, those are way too cool to omit with the upgrade!)
Yeah, I was thinking of that. :3 I'll probably do Venus before Eternal Chibi Moon because I just have to buy a small amount of fabric. I do love her chain, I'm just not sure if I'll have enough monies for it right now.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #6542
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Aaaah my 23-inch miniature Silence Glaive is done! Now I just need to eventually buy a small blank ema and paint a bunny on it, and attach it.

For the Venus Love-Me Chain, once you can afford one I personally love Southern Moon Creations' version. It's $30 and they both have a website (although with a lot of broken images sadly) and an Etsy, though the chain doesn't have a listing on Etsy right now. I bought my S Saturn brooch, S Saturn earrings (I restrung them though to dangle longer), a Super Saturn resin brooch, and a Princess Saturn necklace from them, and I'm very happy with the quality. I also want to eventually buy an Eternal Saturn brooch and the original Saturn henshin wand necklace.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!

Last edited by Sui Kune : 07-22-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2012, 04:16 AM   #6543
BlackRose69
Shadow Follower #54

Ugh. Long thread is long.

Does anyone have a link to a pattern for Usagi's Middle school uniform (top only). I can take both, if it only comes in both, but.. yeah.xD

:NINJAWUB: the Shadow Followers: http://tinyurl.com/JMTfans
The ONE and ONLY (and official) J. Michael Tatum Fan Club.
BlackRose69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #6544
Kimiko Hito
Eternal Sailor Earth

I am trying to look for tutorials on how to to Cere Cere's costume and wig, if anyone has any information could you just email it to me @ pamccuin0409@aol.com, thank you so much.
I am Sailor Earth, the champion of the planet Earth. I stand for love and all things that are good for the planet Earth. In the name of the planet Earth, I will destroy you and all your evilness that comes with you!
Kimiko Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #6545
MinaUchiha2
Cosplay not in a can

So excited I've gotten a chance to do another Sailor Moon costume so quick after the last set, though it's a bit of a rush to work on it I'm excited. I feel like I'm doing almost a combination of anime/manga Moon. o.o But So far I really like how its turned out. Just got the body suit midway done, collar started, mock-up skirt midway done. Excuse the mess at the bottom: https://p.twimg.com/AzizC_qCYAEVcJA.jpg:large

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MinaUchiha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #6546
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

I haven't posted here for a while - I have been working on my cosplay! Honest! I've done lots of progress with most being pictured on Deviantart. Currently working on the glove rolls. Though, I attempted to put wire through the skirt, it didn't work. AGAIN. So I gave up and thought "screw it, I'm going to just buy horsehair braid and unpick the hem and just sew it back up again". So I now have 10.25 metres of horsehair braid! Hopefully it works as well as Prissi's! Wings are half-done, making boots covers, etc. Will pos all the pictures up at one point.

I bought a bit too much extra white lycra for the boot covers, but that's a good thing because that means I can work on anime Super Sailor Moon straight after this cosplay!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #6547
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Wow its been so long! I've been posting most of my stuff on facebook or ACP, lol

I don't remember what I've shown pictures of, but here's my last 5 Sailor Moon outfits.

Eternal Sailor Moon:
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=58781

Super Sailor Chibi Moon:
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=58785

Burlesque Sailor Moon from CandyRobots series on DA:
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=57933

Super Sailor Neptune:
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=58965

Super Sailor Mars:
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=60497

And Next I'll be finishing my Sailor Luna from PGSM and Super Sailor Venus. I just can't stop making them! x3

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:30 AM   #6548
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Steffi: looks awesome! all your costume progress = teh win. <3 love the collar and how your trim turned out.
I haven't worked on my boots just yet... don't have the guts to cut them into a v-shape and can't really imagine anything else that'll work besides boot covers, lol. :/

good luck with the unpicking and changing to horsehair braid. i'm certain that it'll be equally as lovely if not more so!

Akane: Your costumes are all ridiculously awesome. \o/

Last edited by Prissi : 08-08-2012 at 04:56 AM.
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #6549
Mr. Robot

Hey guys! Thought I'd drop a post in for input on my Eternal Mercury.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/307374/

I think I've finally got it stable enough to use for a day at a con. When I took the later batch of pics I was a bit pinched for time, so there are a few things that will definitely be fixed by the time I take it to a con. My wig is a mess, the skirts need ironing, and I will take more time to attach everything more evenly.

Anything beyond that though, thoughts, comments, and opinions are welcome. Great job by the many of you here, your costumes all look great!
Mr. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #6550
AkaneSaotome
cosplay procrastinator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Steffi: looks awesome! all your costume progress = teh win. <3 love the collar and how your trim turned out.
I haven't worked on my boots just yet... don't have the guts to cut them into a v-shape and can't really imagine anything else that'll work besides boot covers, lol. :/

good luck with the unpicking and changing to horsehair braid. i'm certain that it'll be equally as lovely if not more so!

Aw, thank you x3Wearing Sailor Moon costumes make me feel so happy.

Follow my cosplay construction and plans on my fanpage

AkaneSaotome Fanpage

Anime Boston 06-08 -Masq. Judge/ Otakon 09 -Hall Judge
AkaneSaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #6551
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post

Thank you! Well, I've done the gold skirt with horsehair braid, it's a little more ruffly, not too much though as it was ruffly before, I just want it to "uplift" a bit so I don't need to put any support underneath! Though so far it's still not as ruffly as yours, Prissi, but then my pleats aren't very good any way, so that's probably why! I'll do the other two tiers next week as I'm busy for the rest of this week! I'm sure the bottom tiers will help it look better overall!

That's exactly what I though about my boots, I've cut gogo boots before and it's easy but I think I'm just lazy this time round. Don't bother cutting them as the pink stripes will be a v-shape anyway so no-one will notice that the white area isn't the same shape!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #6552
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Silence Glaive Eto-Hamaya is done! I'm really not the best artist, but it probably could've also been a lot worse. XD Closeup of the ema plaque here.

I found the perfect pair of Eternal Sailor Saturn earrings on eBay and snapped them up, it's like the universe is urging me to make Super and Eternal Saturn. I would really love to, but I only attend one con a year currently and I love all my costumes so much, I hate leaving some behind. ;-; I really wish I both had the financial means and the ability to travel to even one more con a year. I'll get there though, particularly once I'm finally able to attend college and learn how to drive.

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #6553
MirniMausi
Just live more

Hey there

I might need a Juuban High WInter uniform for this autumn. I've done a summer fuku before, but I'm a bit nervous about the sleeves. How do you make winter uniform sleeves? Has anyone experience with that?

And I'd like to do it a bit Myu-like, so with some shiny fabric on it. What fabric should I use?
This is a test for my new sewing machine as well as for a short video clip, so it shouldn't be fabric that is hard to handle and may look stupid if worked on with lack of experience.

Hope you can help me!

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato (Kamen Rider Gaim)
Maybe: Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Maybe: Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #6554
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

For my Mugen winter uniform I used a pattern a lot like this one, a blouse with slightly poofy, gathered sleeves, and altered it from there into a button-up sailor blouse. For mine the wrist cuffs close snugly with working buttons, but I believe with Usagi's uniform there is no button there, so it would probably be hidden snaps instead.

I absolutely love this awesome Japanese cosplayer's shop for good, clear photos of cosplays. Usagi's Juuban uniform is here. I admit I don't have experience in doing a sailor blouse without an opening front, so for years how to take it on and off baffled me, but I believe I see there's a zipper hidden into one or possibly both of the side seams.

As for Myu uniform material, looking at the only screenshots I could find, I could swear the fabric used looks like some sort of silky material like satin. The problem with satin, or any material with that much of a sheen, is that every single wrinkle will show and look unattractive. However, if you don't mind a much more subtle sheen, I still can't say enough good things about cotton sateen! I used it in both my S Saturn and in the lavender ruffles and red bow and sash parts of my Messiah of Silence, so you can judge for yourself. The sheen is more obvious in person, but it does show up in photographs too.

I hope this helps!

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Unread 08-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #6555
MirniMausi
Just live more

Thanks a lot! I'll go look for a similar pattern.

As for buttons on the uniforms, they don't have that in the musicals. In the Stars Musical, they had zippers on the backside (which could clearly be seen as they went through the collar. I'll try to hide the zipper, though).

Cotton sateen sounds good

You helped a lot!!!

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato (Kamen Rider Gaim)
Maybe: Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Maybe: Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote