Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #1
SushiBunnie
K-POP Enthusiast

Otakon 2013: Black Rock Shooter Series

Hey guys! Just thought that it'll be best to prepare early on this. ^^
Depending on requests or the amount of people cosplaying, we'll all decide on the time and day.

As for me, I'll be cosplaying as XNFE (Nafe) from Black Rock Shooter: The Game. I'm leaning towards Saturday for right now but I'm fine with Friday too.

I don't think BRS cosplayers can withstand the 3rd Floor Terrace area, so that might not be the ideal location to meet up. So indoor fountains it is!

Let's make Otakon 2013 a great year!

[[ BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER Photoshoot ]]

DAY: Friday
TIME: 11:00 AM

XNFE [BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER: THE GAME]
Rin Kagamine (Default) [VOCALOID2]

YouTube: SushiiBunniie
DeviantArt: Miss-Mimiko

Last edited by SushiBunnie : 06-15-2013 at 12:36 PM.
SushiBunnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
gokulambo88

I would want to cosplay strength if I go

Upcoming Events
Katsucon 2013
BBG Cherry Blossom Festival 2013
gokulambo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
SushiBunnie
K-POP Enthusiast

Oh sweet! I love Strength cosplayers! Are you going to make the arms? Or did you finish them already?

Unread 08-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
christinasaur

I'll be cosplaying Black Rock shooter next year ^_^
I would love to see this photoshoot happen!!
christinasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

I'd bring my black gold saw (oav version) O: i was going to bring it this year but ups broke my sword coming back from AX >.< and i might even do a special rendition of bgs ;3 so hope we get a group there for 2013 ^.^ (may make new sword if mine is still too big for BCC though...may be my only problem. that and my whole outfit needing a handler lol but it'll be all good!)
xx___envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #6
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm not sure yet but I might end up whipping together a Death Scythe cosplay and bringing that. ^_^

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
rainbowxkat
Rainbowxbutterxkat

I'd totally love to join you guys; but Im debating who i still want to cosplay as.
rainbowxkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

@ rainbowxkat
There are so many characters and versions o.o it would be hard for me to pick a character if i wasn't so in love with black gold saw and her ova version haha one scene and i loved her xD but now there are so many game characters o.o would love a dragon slayer though ;3

Next Cons/Cosplays
Magfest - Travelers (Journey)
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!
Unread 08-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
devilgirl32

next year i'm planning to go as black gold saw as well i also have some friends that are going to cosplay black rock shooter and strength

i'd be great if there were more people to cosplay characters from the game b/c all the characters are so awesome looking and there would be more of a variety than just the ones that appeared in the ova and anime

and personally i would like the gathering to be at the indoor fountains facing the escalators b/c it's an easy location to find and see
devilgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

if we can get everything together and plan the gathering, on that day i'll stand on the fountains with my bgs at the right time and scream "BLACK ROCK SHOOTER it's time"...i don't think anyone can miss that haha but really, with how the outfits are designed i don't think we can really miss each other. i know this year when the madoka gathering happened we all just hung around different areas of the fountains but slowly found each other since only a few series have such colorful characters and a mascot with gold rings.

But for next year's otakon i may actually do an alternate version of BGS, would love to get the whole group in this version and some rule 63 male versions, but haven't found anyone who wants to do it yet o.o This http://www.zerochan.net/full/387083 is the group alternate version haha

Next Cons/Cosplays
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!

Last edited by xx___envious : 08-16-2012 at 05:43 PM. Reason: needed to add link
Unread 08-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
gokulambo88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiBunnie View Post
Oh sweet! I love Strength cosplayers! Are you going to make the arms? Or did you finish them already?
I'm going to make them ^.^

Upcoming Events
Katsucon 2013
BBG Cherry Blossom Festival 2013
gokulambo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
SushiBunnie
K-POP Enthusiast

Wow, I'm so happy that all of you guys are interesting in cosplaying BRS next year! ^__^
I'm really impressed how many people are doing these cosplays because I'm pretty sure every character has some kind of bad-ass-complicated-looking weapon! xD

And what xx___envious said, it's a good idea if we have someone near the fountains to signal the location of the photoshoot. It seems like this location is best for everyone. So I'm going to set the official location to be near the escalator next to the glass walls! ^^ Really good lighting, and not too crowded for our giant props.
Does anyone have any suggestions on which day the photoshoot should happen?
I'll be switching on and off between XNFE and another cosplay between friday and saturday. So either one works for me. But I prefer saturday. Anyone else?

Updates about my cosplay!: XNFE's arms are about 80% done, I just need to work on the minor details, and if I find the time...I will post some pictures! I think my only goal for otakon 2013 is for someone to recognize Nahfe(XNFE). I would be complete :'D

Last edited by SushiBunnie : 08-22-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM   #13
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiBunnie View Post
Wow, I'm so happy that all of you guys are interesting in cosplaying BRS next year! ^__^
I'm really impressed how many people are doing these cosplays because I'm pretty sure every character has some kind of bad-ass-complicated-looking weapon! xD
Well mine isn't complicated at all, at least compare to some of the other characters. XD It's just a simple scythe

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
devilgirl32

for the day why don't we hold one on friday and saturday? idk about you guys but BGS is the only character i'm going to cosplay as since making the costume is going to be time consuming and financially consuming

another suggestion, just in case the area next to the escalators facing the windows don't work (i.e. some other group is using it already) we can use the lobby area to the left of registration (where they give out 18+ bands) b/c there's alot of room for props and there's also good lighting since there's a bunch of windows there
devilgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #15
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Yay for XNFE arms almost getting done! Update on mine as well, I had finished everything for AX but never got my custom boots in o.o and they just came in today with a note of sorry haha it was cute. But yay that they're here and its all done!

I like the location, think we should all just meet up there or someone wait at the fountains to tell people where to go? O.O (I bet we all know where it is, but if some are new to Ota and cosplaying BRS then it may be nice to lead them there).

I have 3 cosplays for Ota already, but one of them I'm only wearing for a certain amount of time. Thusly any day works for me c: But I do have a time problem because of that one cosplay...i can't do 2pm at all o.o

Next Cons/Cosplays