Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 08-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
adrienne09

whats the easiest way to make a shura kirigakure cosplay

i saw her cosplay online for 100+ bucks but i dont have that much money on me and it wont be here on time for the convention. the wig i can afford since i got it for 20 a while back.

it doesn't look like a hard cosplay to make but i need something affordable and can look decent too

heres a reference pic

http://mangafigures.files.wordpress....ist.jpeg?w=393
adrienne09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

WOA 100 bux? Hell no..What you want to doi is get shorts at the thrift store and cut them in the right design at the bottom (really just get a little choppy,) then fold the bottoms up. After the bottoms are folded up fold them in half like you are gonna put them in your dresser but put heavy books or something on the folded area to make sure they stay folded a bit. Or you can sew a little bit but that will look a little worse.

Then buy a red bikini that's a little too small. Unless you are not comfortable with parts of your boobs showing then you can just use a bikini top in your size.

I can't tell what the Black top is suppose to look like so I can't help there..Do you have another pic of what it looks like? If you do I may be able to help there too

The boots you MIGHT be able to find in the thrift store, but maybe not..If not get brown knee high boots and ad the detail (looks like the top has a strap with a buckle. That's easy). Then get stockings in the right color and your done

As for the prop, I can't tell what it is exactly
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
adrienne09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
WOA 100 bux? Hell no..What you want to doi is get shorts at the thrift store and cut them in the right design at the bottom (really just get a little choppy,) then fold the bottoms up. After the bottoms are folded up fold them in half like you are gonna put them in your dresser but put heavy books or something on the folded area to make sure they stay folded a bit. Or you can sew a little bit but that will look a little worse.

Then buy a red bikini that's a little too small. Unless you are not comfortable with parts of your boobs showing then you can just use a bikini top in your size.

I can't tell what the Black top is suppose to look like so I can't help there..Do you have another pic of what it looks like? If you do I may be able to help there too

The boots you MIGHT be able to find in the thrift store, but maybe not..If not get brown knee high boots and ad the detail (looks like the top has a strap with a buckle. That's easy). Then get stockings in the right color and your done

thank you so much:3
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #4
adrienne09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post

heres another picture about the jacket

http://www.cosya.com/media/catalog/p...-costume-0.jpg

its from a cosplay website
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Ravenous-Spirit

As JasonTerror said. Thrift stores. Goodwill, salvation army, etc. I was going to cosplay her once but backed out and did Mephisto instead and I found everything I need at Salvation Army. The black jacket wouldn't be hard to find, all you need is a black blazer and add buttons if you must. Good luck!
Ravenous-Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Really for the coat since you put that picture up, you may want to look into the longer blazer type coats that actyally go OVER a blazer for cold days. If you see like the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp, It's just like the one he wears, but black.

Still don't know what the prop is suppose to be.
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
biscuitxsalsa

Ebay has a lotttttt of bikinis in this style although most may be metallic I'm sure you can find one after a short search. Like everyone said THRIFTSTORESSS ^~^ ! Although, on the shorts instead of cutting pants choppy I would cut them in a neat straight line and then fray the bottoms. The only thing I see that you couldn't get from a thrift store would be the belt buckle. You could go to craft stores (i.e. Joanns or Michael's) and get pink clay to make it. Also, while there you can buy ribbon for around your neck and the socks. Good luck
biscuitxsalsa is offline   Reply With Quote