Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #886
xx___envious
Envy Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyliah View Post
Is ICD only on Saturday? the info you posted said Sat and Sun - I'm at the Renn fest on Sat, but if I can still go on Sun, I would love to.
It depends which ICD event you go to but the actual thing is both days so yes C:
And have fun! I'll be at RenFest on the last sunday...best sunday ever when actors start drinking a lot at the end and try to stay in character while we all sing...I love RenFest <3

Next Cons/Cosplays
Magfest - Travelers (Journey)
Katsucon - Blake (RWBY), Nightmare Moon ballgown group, Shimapan-chan (night only), Sailor Megara, and Maid Stocking!
xx___envious is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #887
arkham71
Arkham Productions LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx___envious View Post
I love RenFest <3
I'm definitely going to try and make scottish weekend if they have it this year now that I have a kilt in my clan tartan. Perhaps I will runinto some of you there.... lol (Of course how many people wear kilts that weekend?)
Arkham Productions, LLC

A necromancer, a minister, a miko, a wiccan, a werewolf, and two vampires walk into a bar….
arkham71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #888
sazumebachi

I wont be able to go to renfest this year :C cuase of moving but i hope everyone enjoys it.
Unread 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #889
Lyliah
Lovingly Self-conflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepson View Post
Don't think i've ever seen them. I don't usually sit through musical performances. Although i love walking by them and stopping for a minute just to randomly dance to them ^^. i think the only music group i actually stopped at for a while was Wine & Alchemy (friend pulled me along). they were pretty good. All the music is good. I havn't heard anything there i didn't like yet. I catch a lot of the comedy shows (shakespeare skum, bloody drama, bob the hypnotist, johnny sword swallower, hack AND slash, fight school, and others i can't think of off the top of my head) and wander through all the stores. THE STORES AT RENN FEST ARE SO AWESOME!. There is like one store there that i buy something from every year. I never remember their name but they are in the same place every year.
Albannach was what got me into bagpipe music. Hard to miss them, since you can hear them almost all over the grove when they play. Wandering through the stores is what I do most of the time! SUCH amazing things! And leather scraps!! For crafting! I saved up for years once and bought myself boots... I love them so hard <3 The one comedy act I saw was three girls who sang... I don't remember their name (it was years ago), but they were very funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx___envious View Post
It depends which ICD event you go to but the actual thing is both days so yes C:
And have fun! I'll be at RenFest on the last sunday...best sunday ever when actors start drinking a lot at the end and try to stay in character while we all sing...I love RenFest <3
Thanks! Do you know what they plan to do on Sunday? If they plan to do anything? A weekend of cosplay sounds amazing to me.
Renn fest is the best <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkham71 View Post
I'm definitely going to try and make scottish weekend if they have it this year now that I have a kilt in my clan tartan. Perhaps I will runinto some of you there.... lol (Of course how many people wear kilts that weekend?)
This idea intrigues me. How many cosplayers or ppl I know online are going to be there and I won't recognize. I've strolled through the grove every year at least once, and it's never occurred to me X3

"Frobozz electric; we don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck permanently."
~ Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Lyliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #890
arkham71
Arkham Productions LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyliah View Post
This idea intrigues me. How many cosplayers or ppl I know online are going to be there and I won't recognize. I've strolled through the grove every year at least once, and it's never occurred to me X3
Considering the large crossover between costumers and cosplayers I would say the chances of knowing at least some of the people in garb at Renn Fest from online would be pretty high….
Arkham Productions, LLC

A necromancer, a minister, a miko, a wiccan, a werewolf, and two vampires walk into a bar….
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #891
moosedoom
seamstress

There is a group of cosplayers going to renfest september 15th. At least 20, but I know there will be more.
moosedoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #892
Lyliah
Lovingly Self-conflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkham71 View Post
Considering the large crossover between costumers and cosplayers I would say the chances of knowing at least some of the people in garb at Renn Fest from online would be pretty high….
This gives me an idea.
I hereby challange all you coming to Renn Fest this year to find me! You get no picture, just a description, and I might not be there on the days you are, but I will be there this saturday and at least Scottish Weekend (for Albannach). The rules are simple, you find me (I will answer to Lyliah), introduce yourself as your screen name here, and I will buy you a drink (alcoholic or non, your call). I want to meet new people, so I'm being terrifyingly bold here. Any takers?

"Frobozz electric; we don't just make things that suck, we make things that suck permanently."
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM   #893
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

I wana go to renfest now!

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
*Sylveon (Pokemon; Gijinka)
MoradoFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #894
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Lyliah -- that sounds like fun

For the group going on the 15th, is there a way to contact them? I think me and my boyfriend want to go for sure!

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
Unread 08-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #895
arkham71
Arkham Productions LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoradoFlower View Post
I wana go to renfest now!
If you like to dress up in costume Ren Fest is a huge blast. Ive been going to Celtic Festivals and Ren Fests instead of cons for quite a while now, although its usually just my fiancee and I.

Perhaps I could meet up with my new friend Liz at Renn Fest this year assuming I can get her to take a break from apartment shopping for a day. She has offered to show me around the cons and in return I can show her around renn Fest. Hmmm.... *John wanders off in thought*
Arkham Productions, LLC

Unread 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #896
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

I'm definitely going now, assuming September 15th since someone mentioned a group is going. I'm already looking out for Renn costumes since I wouldn't have time to make one!

When are you going, Arkham?

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #897
arkham71
Arkham Productions LLC

Quote:
When are you going, Arkham?
Morado flower were probably going to be there on the following weekends:

September 22 or 23 Celtic Celebration Weekend – Kilt time!

October 20 or 21 Jousting Weekend – Real knights on horseback Jousting- amazing to watch in person!

We usually go on Saturday to have a day to recover before returning to our day jobs, but since September 22 is kind of a holiday for my fiancée things are a little more uncertain than usual. (PM me if you really want to know why the Autumnal Equinox is a holiday…)

I wish I could be more exact but it’s still a ways out

John

P.S. If I tell my fiancée that theres going to be a group of costumers there on September 15 we will probably make it then as well. Shes always looking for an excuse to go to Renn Fest and shes happiest when shes in her sewing / craft room… - J
Arkham Productions, LLC

Unread 08-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #898
Lyliah
Lovingly Self-conflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosedoom View Post
There is a group of cosplayers going to renfest september 15th. At least 20, but I know there will be more.
Is there a general theme of the cosplays?

Unread 08-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #899
MoradoFlower
Stephanie-Lynn

Ark -- I already got a Renaissance dress for Sep 15th So it looks like I'm definitely going then. You guys should go too!

*Mallow (Mario RPG)
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #900
arkham71
Arkham Productions LLC

Quote:
Ark -- I already got a Renaissance dress for Sep 15th So it looks like I'm definitely going then. You guys should go too!
Wow you must have connections to get a costume together that quickly. LOL

I will talk it over with my fiancee when she gets home from work, but I would sefinitely like to go with a larger group for a change. I will also have to ask my friend if she might be able to make it that day as well.

Just be warned it gets pretty hot so take a change of clothes for the afternoon unless you have a very light weight material costume (a blanket and some friends to hold it up for privacy while changing is also a good idea). We usually wait to wear the velvets for late in the season. While theres a lot of shade its still hot and humid in September. Also be sure to wear comfy shoes as the site is not paved and kind of hilly in places.

The foods good but kind of expensive so granola/ energy bars are your friends...lol. Sorry if I seem pendandic these are tricks Ive learned over the years....

John
Arkham Productions, LLC