Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 38 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #316
ToasterPuppy

I would love to do A Tortal series (Tamora Pierce) female lead. But my fav. character is also the tallest character so I would either go with Beka or Allanna.
Other than that I do want to do my own version of The Snow Queen because she is one of my favorite fairy tales ~ (still counts as a book to me XD)
In Progress for 2013 ASTL:
Sister Evelyn from THE FALL (85%)
Fix It Felix JR (85%)
Deviantart: http://moonchildladyshadow.deviantart.com/

Their greatest error was thinking that they could make us into willing puppets who would fill the thankless
role of your everyday villain without complaint... They were wrong!
ToasterPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #317
patriciarakel

I cosplay several Potter characters, usually with a mix of movie uniform and what I pictured the character to actually look like (hair color/style, how they accessorize, etc...). I did a book-verse Tonks that was a total hit at the last con I went to. I also cosplay a book-verse Katniss Everdeen in her opening ceremonies outfit, which I've been doing since 2010. I'm currently looking into cosplaying that character Anna Karlov from a book called Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. Very fun character, costume and makeup-wise. I almost want to cosplay Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy. It's one of my favourite books, and Rose is such a badass.
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
patriciarakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #318
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

i actually decided that for halloween this ear, I'd put together a Molly Millions costume from neuromancer. I pretty well dress like her half the time already (a cyberpunky bamf style. Lots of tights, black, close-fitting black leather, tall boots, etc.), I just need to restyle my short black wig (for a cheap wig it's gotten a LOT of use for its style), and figure out her implanted mirror lenses and scalpel-blades in her fingertips.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #319
Murtagh

i cosplay Harry Potter, Cinna, Eragon, Saphira.

if you want to see them, here:

http://urgal.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d4vqjcc

http://urgal.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4pd0ph
http://urgal.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4hshww

http://urgal.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4u11vb
Murtagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #320
cyan-sonata

Eventually I'd love to cosplay as Sabriel from Garth Nix's Abhorsen series. But her armor sounds really un-fun to make and even less fun to wear.
Unread 08-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #321
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Has anyone mentioned the Kane Chronicles yet? I'd like to do a Nutt cosplay from that.
I thought I'd also do camp counselers from camp half-blood and camp Jupiter. My human is more into Roman and has a pointy sword. He can be camp Jupiter. Then there is the Discworld. There are so many charater in there that I want to do starting with Lady Sibil and finishing up with a Witch. Then there is Red Death. He's in Everything.
Unread 08-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #322
moosedoom
seamstress

Someone from the dark tower series. Yes.
moosedoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:01 PM   #323
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

I'm thinking about trying to cosplay Deryn from Scott Westerfeld's Leviathan.
I also made a full costume of Holden Caufield from Catcher in the Rye, and it's so awesome, I want to wear it to a convention. Would anyone recognize a dude with a terrible haircut, a backward's hunter cap, and Pency Prep sweatshit, a baseball glove, and a couple of old leather suitcases wandering around NYC?

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #324
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwack View Post
I also made a full costume of Holden Caufield from Catcher in the Rye, and it's so awesome, I want to wear it to a convention. Would anyone recognize a dude with a terrible haircut, a backward's hunter cap, and Pency Prep sweatshit, a baseball glove, and a couple of old leather suitcases wandering around NYC?
You might get recognized. I forgot the book went into such detail about what he's wearing. I hope you do get recognized!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 08:31 AM   #325
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwack View Post
I don't know. I've never read the book.
Unread 08-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #326
MetalArtisan

I've been kinda thinking about cosplaying Duncan Idaho and/or Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen from Dune for a while.
Love those guys.
MetalArtisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #327
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalArtisan View Post
I've been kinda thinking about cosplaying Duncan Idaho and/or Feyd-Rautha Harkonnen from Dune for a while.
Love those guys.
Ooooooh. Dune cosplay. Awesome!

It just had to be said.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 03:07 PM   #328
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

So I might be adding another book cosplay to my lineup. Nine from the Lorien Legacies series. My only problem would be that the only things I know about him are that he's around 17, has long black hair, is a badass and doesn't wear shoes.

I suppose the lack of descriptions gives me more freedom with clothes and stuff though.
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #329
DPWolf

Convinced my boyfriend to let me drag him through the woods as Peeta, it was his first time in a costume and photoshoot so he did pretty well. He's like a real life Peeta anyway. :B
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/233100/

2012 Conventions/Events
Star Wars Celebration VI
Star Wars Reads Day
NYCC
Toys on the Hudson
DPWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #330
hello_tracy

I'd really love to cosplay as one of my favorite female protagonists--either Emma Bovary or Anna Karenina. I certainly wouldn't be recognized at a con, but either one would be great for a photoshoot.

Anna Karenina is kiiiiind of a long book, but for those of you who haven't read Madame Bovary, you definitely should! She's an adulterer in 19th century European society ... what more could you ask for?