Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1314 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-22-2011, 08:05 PM   #421
iharusan
Haru

i have a question ^^;
i just recently bought puffy3tones from dollyeye. if my normal clear contacts are BC 8.4 and diameter 14.0, can i wear contacts that are BC 8.6 and diameter 14.5?
thanks for your time and happy holidays ^^
iharusan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #422
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

The lenses may slide around on your eyes a bit, but you should have no problems wearing them.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #423
XMilesxFeebieX
man-girl thing that yells

Has anyone gotten contacts from bodyjewelleryshop.com?
I'm looking at purchasing 2 pairs of lenses, and I do not want to waste my money.
Thanks C:
Friday: Mugen; Samurai Champloo
Saturday: Bunny Suit Panty; Panty and Stocking
Sunday: Wonderland Alois Trancy; Kuroshitsuji II

I'M AWKWARD!
let's party C;
XMilesxFeebieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2011, 10:32 PM   #424
Kama

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMilesxFeebieX View Post
Has anyone gotten contacts from bodyjewelleryshop.com?
I'm looking at purchasing 2 pairs of lenses, and I do not want to waste my money.
Thanks C:
I have. They arrived in under a week (I'm in the US) and shipping was free. The contacts were exactly the same as some at my local theater store, but they were much cheaper. I didn't use mine for very long, probably under 3 months, but they held up quite well.
Kama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 06:40 AM   #425
darkangelxX447

I had a question about my contacts.

I recently bought some online, but I didn't get my eyes measured at a doctor for them. I dont have health insurance right now so I didn't want to fork out $100+ to see a doctor.

Is there any warning signs I should look out for? I heard that if they dont fit they can damage your eyes. I dont plan on wearing them for long, probably like 3-4 hours at the con.

It says they last a year, so they aren't cheaper disposable ones. When I checked out they only came in one size, the only thing you could choose was the power.

I haven't even tried them on yet cause I am worried about it.
darkangelxX447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #426
Seraphim Nessa
Seraphim Nessa

Contact questions....

One do you need to know the measurements of the eyes? Because like someone already metioned I have no insurance and can't pay the amount.

Two... any one buy contacts from http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com...ct-Lenses.html

Also to know if your satified with them?

Thank you.
Seraphim Nessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #427
KisstheBride

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangelxX447 View Post
I had a question about my contacts.

I recently bought some online, but I didn't get my eyes measured at a doctor for them. I dont have health insurance right now so I didn't want to fork out $100+ to see a doctor.

Is there any warning signs I should look out for? I heard that if they dont fit they can damage your eyes. I dont plan on wearing them for long, probably like 3-4 hours at the con.

It says they last a year, so they aren't cheaper disposable ones. When I checked out they only came in one size, the only thing you could choose was the power.

I haven't even tried them on yet cause I am worried about it.
Generally, if the lenses are too loose, it will feel uncomfortable, difficult to place into your eye, and/or slide away when you blink. You should be able to wear it for at least eight hours, but if your eye starts to dry before that time's up, it might be too loose. If it's too tight, it will actually feel comfortable at first, but look out for something like a red ring around your iris. Plus, any stings/burns, during and after.

Although, if the lenses aren't soaked/cleaned properly, you can have problems with early dryness, even if the lenses are a perfect fit. Rewetting drops are the solution there, but that's only if the lenses match the size of your iris.

Sooo, bottom line is: lenses being too tight is far more dangerous than the reverse (especially with its deceptive comfortableness at first!), and I can't emphasize enough on how closely you should keep an eye out for any pain. (No pun intended!) Anything else is something only an optometrist would really know, but if money is tight, then that's all I can suggest. I would personally recommend not wearing them until an optometrist can measure your eye, since, well, too small and you could accidentally scratch the eyeball. Too big, and you could suffocate it, amongst other, horrifying possibilities. But yeah, that's my two cents.

The first few posts in this thread are also chock full of helpful information, if you want to know more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim Nessa View Post
Contact questions....

One do you need to know the measurements of the eyes? Because like someone already metioned I have no insurance and can't pay the amount.

Two... any one buy contacts from http://www.fashion-contactlenses.com...ct-Lenses.html

Also to know if your satified with them?

Thank you.
I haven't bought any from that site, but I can answer that first question!

Technically speaking, you don't need to know the measurements of your eye to insert your contact lenses. But if you want your contact lenses inserted without posing any risk for damage to your eye, then yes, you'll need it.

But, um...just refer to my previous answer, and hopefully, that will explain everything?
Unread 06-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #428
Ninbri
omnomnom~♥

I have a question. So say I bought some and they arrived today, I have to clean them for 8 hours after I open them?
I can put them in with my fingers, what about taking them out?

Next Con: Mechacon
Saturday:
Stewardess Stocking
Sunday:

Facebook: link
DeviantArt: HERE
Ninbri is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #429
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilikesmoose View Post
I have a question. So say I bought some and they arrived today, I have to clean them for 8 hours after I open them?
I can put them in with my fingers, what about taking them out?
You don't have to clean them after they arrive, though you may want to soak them in the solution you're going to use, as the solution they arrive in may be too strong for your eyes.

You also remove them with your fingers. Some ways to remove: hold eye open like you do when putting them in, slide lens off center of eye (you can also look up and slide from the bottom) and either pinch with thumb and index finger, or keep sliding down and it will slide onto your lower eyelid, making it easier to grab.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
Unread 06-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #430
anataami

I'm looking for red contacts for Prussia from Hetalia: Axis Powers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
anataami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #431
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anataami View Post
I'm looking for red contacts for Prussia from Hetalia: Axis Powers. Does anyone have any suggestions?
From the first post:
http://stealthos.com/lens-red.html

Unread 08-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #432
Sarinilli
Eternal Dreamer

I just want to point out a possible error in the first post.

Quote:
Should I get contact lenses? Consider the following:
What: are you using them for? To add to a cosplay, to get glasses off your face?
When: will you wear them? Just for that one cosplay or can they be used for many costumes or daily wear?
How: much money are you willing to spend? Initial eye exam/fittings cost $50+ and add the price of lenses
Sadly the cheapest I've found for an eye exam/fitting these days is $90-$100. Though I'm sure it also depends on if your insurance will pay for part of it or your eye doctors prices differ. I checked my prices via WalMart's vision center and I know some of you are rolling your eyes right now, but WM does tend to have pretty decent/cheaper prices on a lot of things, including contact fitting exams. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I should say something.

Last edited by Sarinilli : 08-25-2012 at 11:34 AM. Reason: typo
Sarinilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #433
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarinilli View Post
I just want to point out a possible error in the first post.

Sadly the cheapest I've found for an eye exam/fitting these days is $90-$100. Though I'm sure it also depends on if your insurance will pay for part of it or your eye doctors prices differ. I checked my prices via WalMart's vision center and I know some of you are rolling your eyes right now, but WM does tend to have pretty decent/cheaper prices on a lot of things, including contact fitting exams. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I should say something.
I think you are caught up in the grammar here. To clarify, the point of even giving a number was not to indicate in an end-all-be-all manner that "this is the price you guys should be paying, if you paid over $50 you got ripped off lolol".

I used a plus sign there to indicate that you should expect to pay at least $50 for a contact lens fitting. Said cost is largely dependent upon your location and the facilities near you. Private offices near me offer lens fittings at $50, which is on the low end of the scale, and obviously the prices are different in your area and anyone else's. Conversely, putting the highest price possible e.g. "exams will cost you $150, your first born child, your house, or car" is going to deter people, especially younger cosplayers who may not have a job and money, from doing the right thing for their health and getting an exam so it really is a matter of wording here. Some places roll the cost of the fitting in with the cost of the lenses too, which makes the price even harder to decipher.

I did not bother going into insurance, copays, etc. because everyone has a different plan and/or may not even get vision coverage. Some people may not even have to pay for a fitting. However, I also linked to a coupon where you can save money on a contact lens fitting which can also ease the wallet pain so hopefully everyone can get fitted at a reasonable/less scary price. Regardless, I will see if I can reword it differently so as not to cause confusion to anyone else

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #434
Ninaiso
Trying on a Budget

I have a question! I was wanting to purchase contacts from Pinky Paradise, I got my prescription today
and my right eye reads: Spherical: +050, Cylinder: -075, Axis: docs handwriting it awful but it's either 002 or 007
and my left eye reads: Spherical: +050, Cylinder: -75, Axis: 180
Basically what I'm wanting to know is what exactly is my perspiration? XDD What do I select when ordering?
Ninaiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #435
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Ninaiso:

That is a script for toric lenses to correct astigmatism. Yours appears to be within the minor-but-approaching-moderate range. That said, Pinky does not offer lenses with + powers for correcting farsightedness, in fact most cosmetic lenses do not.

There is a formula to convert toric prescriptions to spherical but it still would leave you in the positive numbers. You should speak with your eye doctor and see if they have anything they can order for you or ask if you could wear plano [unpowered lenses, functionality permitting that is]. I would not mention that you want to buy circle lenses from abroad though. US docs do not like patients getting products that they have never seen/handled.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote