Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
Reosaur
Monster Hunter

Sword Art Online 2013

Hey there everyone! Wondering if anyone is planning on cosplaying SAO this coming AN. It was definitely awesome (in a way) being the only Kirito at Fan Expo this past weekend since I was pretty unique but I'd like to find some other people to take photos with. If you take a look at my pictures you can see that I was sadly lacking an Asuna.
Reosaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #2
miugiko
SAO FEEEEEELS

My friend and I were planning on cosplaying SAO for Anime North. I'm not sure if I'll finish Asuna in time for Anime North, but we'll see. :'D SAO seems like it would be a popular series to cosplay from (at least from what I could tell from my circle of friends, haha)
MTAC 2013 alibaba saluja
ANIME NORTH 2013 saber ☒ asuna yuuki
miugiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
Aeternus

I expect SAO will be very popular for the next AN! I'm tempted to do Lisbeth but probably won't have the time - my brain just isn't used to constructing costumes yet (I'm a cosplay n00b) and I'm getting too caught up in the details of it. If anything, maybe I'll just commission it D:

Btw, Reosaur, I took a look at your Kirito pics - you looked awesome!
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Reosaur
Monster Hunter

Omg. Both of you please... Please cosplay Asuna and Lisbeth. It would be like a dream come true. I'll buy you both lunch. LOL.

I find that a lot of people favor the light novel over anything but personally, I really like the anime version. I also recently found a site with the translated novels so I downloaded it onto my tablet to read on my spare time.

And thanks, Aeternus! That means a lot to me! I was hoping it turned out good. Ahaha.
Unread 09-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Aeternus

Haha, well, I'll have to see if I even have the money. I'm cosplaying Aika (from Aria) for sure and will already need to commission her oar (I don't have the skill or the space to pull it off) so that's money >_< Ugh, need to work more...but then, there are other things I need to pay for too. Too bad cosplaying is a relatively expensive hobby...

But, the more I think about it, the more I want to cosplay Lisbeth...

I have yet to even try reading the light novel. I'm been rather busy on my end, with work and all. Still, I'm enjoying the anime a lot more than I thought I would. It makes up for the awfulness of Arcana Familiglia.
Unread 09-03-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
Jennbristow

Was actually supposed to do Asuna/Kirito with my boyfriend last year for Anime North but ended up not having enough time so the plan is to do it for 2013~
Jennbristow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Reosaur
Monster Hunter

Hah, I know what you mean. It'd be cool if you went, though! Hopefully we come across each other regardless then. And one of my friends was actually talking about that show recently... I personally never heard of it/watched it though. >XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbristow View Post
Was actually supposed to do Asuna/Kirito with my boyfriend last year for Anime North but ended up not having enough time so the plan is to do it for 2013~
Oh, nice. I envy you people who have other SAO cosplayers.
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
Train
Stray Cat

my gf and i may do kleins and silica but its still up in the air
Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
Reosaur
Monster Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train View Post
my gf and i may do kleins and silica but its still up in the air
Dude that's totally awesome!! I say you two should! Lol.
So far we'd have everyone cosplaying someone different!
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
miugiko
SAO FEEEEEELS

Change in plans. I'll be joining my friends as Silica. I'll be cosplaying the anime/LN and PSP version of Asuna sometime later in the year after AN instead.
MTAC 2013 alibaba saluja
ANIME NORTH 2013 saber ☒ asuna yuuki
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #11
Aeternus

Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see everyone~ I hope there will be a photoshoot or something. Like I said, I predict SAO will be very popular for next AN.

Lisbeth is still on my radar. I got paid yesterday and, based on that, I should have enough in my budget for her!
Unread 09-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
Reosaur
Monster Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miugiko View Post
Change in plans. I'll be joining my friends as Silica. I'll be cosplaying the anime/LN and PSP version of Asuna sometime later in the year after AN instead.
Awww really? That's a shame. I'd have loved to see an Asuna. :P Though, based on your previous cosplays you should do a great Silica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeternus View Post
Oh my goodness, I can't wait to see everyone~ I hope there will be a photoshoot or something. Like I said, I predict SAO will be very popular for next AN.

Lisbeth is still on my radar. I got paid yesterday and, based on that, I should have enough in my budget for her!
I know, me neither! And woohoo! Sounds great! I hope there's a photoshoot too!
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
miugiko
SAO FEEEEEELS

Haha, thanks! Although if you plan on cosplaying Kirito again for events after AN, maybe we can get together for photos! :'D

I'm also pretty excited for this ;_; bbbb If there's enough interest by the time AN rolls around, we can plan a photoshoot.
Unread 09-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

Been bouncing the idea around in my head to cosplay from SAO for weeks now.

I'm going to try really hard to get Asuna done in time for AN next year! I need a comfortable costume to wear and Asuna's seems perfect. =D

The plan is to wear it Saturday morning before I change into my masquerade costume. Asuna's gonna be low priority though so if I can't finish my other costumes, no Asuna for me. ;u;

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Reosaur
Monster Hunter

Wow, I'm getting overwhelmed here with all these pretty girls possibly cosplaying SAO loll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miugiko View Post
Haha, thanks! Although if you plan on cosplaying Kirito again for events after AN, maybe we can get together for photos! :'D
Hey, no prob! So are you going for sure as Silica? :O And which other events would you be going to after AN besides FanExpo? Cuz I wouldn't mind joining you for photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeraのTsuki View Post
I'm going to try really hard to get Asuna done in time for AN next year! I need a comfortable costume to wear and Asuna's seems perfect. =D
*Le gasp*
Please, try hard! From the looks of it, you'd make an awesome Asuna! And you seem to have amassed quite the number of fans haha. :P I want all of you guys who messaged here to be my SAO group and we can blow everyone away!