Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 110 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #3811
Cadmium Polyphony
Hiro Protagonist

I have a "show" in San Mateo on the 8th of September. Talked to the 'coordinator' about it.

Me: How much time do we have?
Him: It's an hour long.
Me: No, I mean individually, how much time do we have.
Him: Between the three of us, we split the hour.
Me: Okay, I'll go ahead and answer my own question. Give about 15 minutes for set up and take down, each of us have roughly 12 minutes of stage time.
Him: Yeah, that sounds good.

I wish it was this easy to tell my bosses at my dayjob how to do their jobs.

I hate cute.

Podcast Channel
Cadmium Polyphony is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-26-2012, 08:16 PM   #3812
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

X/ I had to open a PayPal dispute for the first time due to a maybe scammer on here. I am so mad right now

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #3813
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
This. I don't take japanese, but I know a decent amount about the language,
That's kinda funny considering the username J_Otaku.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
X/ I had to open a PayPal dispute for the first time due to a maybe scammer on here. I am so mad right now
Yikes, that's unfortunate. What happened?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #3814
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
Strange, isn't it? XD I could go into my whole spiel about the word Otaku, but that would require effort and whatnot, lol.

On another note, I just was filled in on all that happened on Torrenta. Oh shit did I miss a lot. Just... I had to read a ton of screenshots and other things, but now I'm filled in and thankfully I hopped in right at the end of this shitstorm, though the site is still deleted. :/ Admins are working hard to bring it back.

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #3815
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post

Yikes, that's unfortunate. What happened?
After I paid for the Cosplay...they told me it shipped and two weeks later nothing. No tracking number even when they told me they had it. They stop replying to messages and others are mad about their stuff not showing up

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #3816
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrancar12 View Post
After I paid for the Cosplay...they told me it shipped and two weeks later nothing. No tracking number even when they told me they had it. They stop replying to messages and others are mad about their stuff not showing up
That's pretty awful to bother with, hopefully you have enough time to file the dispute and get your money back. Before ordering from commissioners I'd check out the review thread here on the site.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #3817
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I'm moving to London (Ontario, not England...). Excited and stressed at the same time.... yay to starting school this fall...

OH MY GOODNESS
You going to UWO or Fanshawe?

Please don't join a sorority, PLEASE.

Also have fun being disappointed at all the "nerdy" stores here, except Heroes, that store is OK. This is the assumption you don't come here often, I could be totally wrong...
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #3818
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Generally speaking, I try not to put too much about my workplace online, but you know sometimes...

Lovely coworker told me yesterday that I "need to transfer to another department" because I'm "lazy and don't do good job. It's houseman's mission to put linen in housekeeping's carts and strip rooms for us when we're behind." Which, according to my lead, supervisor, manager, and the Senior Director of Room Operations, it's not.

And had a lot of other choice things to say. In the middle of the hallway. Yelling down the hall after me for all the hotel guests know how shit I am at my job. This is not even the first time she's told me I should quit.

So now I'm writing and editing a 2 page long email to the Senior Director of Room Operations, to be forwarded to the HR generalist.

I am so irritated.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #3819
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Whoa, what's her beef?
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○

Unread 08-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #3820
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

I hate when you rush order something and the shipping ends up being sky high!!! I mean, I know it's inevitable, but I'm always like GRRR! MY MUNNY!!! lol
*sigh* For the love of AWA!!!

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #3821
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
You going to UWO or Fanshawe?

Please don't join a sorority, PLEASE.

Also have fun being disappointed at all the "nerdy" stores here, except Heroes, that store is OK. This is the assumption you don't come here often, I could be totally wrong...
Fanshawe. I have been in London a ton - never really looked for nerd shops. Guelph doesn't have any either.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #3822
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

The following rant is moanie, over-analytic, and painfully long. Read at your own risk.

I'm not particularly keen on sex or relationships.
For a handful of neurotic and weirdass reasons outside of being a critic on human reproduction or human existence in general, I've a got a bias on the toe-to-toe-tango. Cognitive therapy could probably help that issue, but I'm reasonably convinced all the lemonade m'mam drank during pregnancy just made me prenatally bitter and acidic.

One of my close friends recently began dating one our mutual friends when he asked her out to lunch/breakfast/dinner or somesuch excuse to pop the question. The Mutual Friend in question my Close Friend has known for some time; though their association with each other began on the premise of a date that Close Friend was open to initially, she ended up shutting down the blossoms of pant-feels with 'I think we're better friends'. They've maintained this status seemingly happily for about half a year now. They're both extroverts and benefit from each other's company, but Close Friend admitted a large factor in her exiling the chap to the Friend Zone was her not being physically attracted to him. She cares for him greatly, but didn't think they could jump that friend-to-lover hurdle without difficulty because she lacked that spark on her end.

During the time in which things were strictly platonic between the two of them, Close Friend had several short relationships with other guys in Mutual Friend's social circle. Though Mutual Friend seemed to be trying his hardest to keep up the good friend front, here we're entering that scary gray area of interpersonal relations with Mutual Friend still nursing a flame for her and Close Friend picking other men, other friends to pursue over him. Certainly Close Friend has the right to decide who she associates with, she of course has the right to her own satisfaction and I would never deny that right. Who she sees is who she sees. But.. -And here we have it, that contradicting, douchey 'but'- that doesn't immediately invalidate Mutual Friend's feelings, however selfish they might be. Love and affection are messy and confusing playgrounds. You could say that Close Friend is being inconsiderate for dating inside Mutual Friend's circle, for dating friends of his and probably making him feel very uneasy, and likely be correct (or as correct as you can be, given how maddeningly subjective the issue is). You could also venture that Mutual Friend is being childish and possessive if he feels uneasy or betrayed; who is he to feel that he has a claim to Close Friend? She's her own person and she damn well deserves as an individual to be able to date who she wants, and likely be correct.

Maybe it's as someone who wrinkles their nose and hisses at the notion of courtship I've more of a removed, bird's eye view of relationships. Maybe it's my being a heartless reptile allowing me to be more objective than I probably should. But if there's anything universal about those that indulge in relationships and those who do choose not to, it's that we're all human at the end of the day. And as humans, sometimes your hormones will throw a mutiny against you, kick you in the teeth, and set you up fixating over someone. You didn't ask for it, you didn't petition your brain to make this perfect individual waltz into your life and tie your words and give you palpitations and sweaty hands. It just happens. And you don't really get a say when you get to stop. I really feel like Close Friend was this person to Mutual Friend. And he was silently resentful that she was choosing friends over him. Love makes you stupid; let us trumpet this through the mountains and over the hills, over the webz and into the forums.

Which was why it struck me as odd that she would consent and welcome dating him again. And which is why I wasn't surprised (saddened and disheartened, but not necessarily surprised) to hear that after they had hooked up, Mutual Friend had suddenly turned face and told her that he didn't think they should talk anymore, that there was someone else he was interested in.

She told me this looking for advice, and outside of saying how sorry I am that this happened to her and Mutual Friend, and that I'd be there for her if she needed anything, I don't know how to articulate what I feel in a way that isn't going to add burden to the load she's already carrying with this problem and everything else she's facing. I don't want to come across like I'm lording blame over her head for dating a people that happened to be Mutual Friend's pals, because I think she's damn well entitled to see who she wants. But I don't want to demonize Mutual Friend as this selfish, fickle jackass who used her for her body. Because in all honesty I think he's a sweet guy and I'm not a hundred percent on the details of this roundabout, even if I don't agree with the summary. Honestly I'm not sure if I even should say anything; she won't be stricken astray without my dogma to lead her, and Close Friend is strong. This isn't going to break her and we both know it. She feels like she lost a good social contact and her trust is in shambles, but she's got other things to chase than the opposite sex. Plus I feel like I'd just be pandering to my dislike of sexual interaction by telling her 'He was attracted to you, he wanted to sleep with you, neither desire was mutual for you when he first tried, and now that he got what he wanted, he split. PooOnHumanRomancePooOnSexChastityBeltsChastityBelt sChastityBelts'.
Ughff. Rant done.

I'm done now. This is me backing away from the keyboard and into sleep. Sleep is simpler than relationships. Sleep is nicer.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #3823
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Dearest co-worker,

I said I MIGHT be able to take your shift on Tuesday. I'm sorry my dermatologist appointment got rescheduled. I would much rather it be Thursday as originally scheduled but I really can't control the Doctor's schedule. Do not get snippy with me. Do not ask me why I can't just work part of it. I have to be in Boston by 1pm. Which means I have to take an 11:30ish train. And no, I will not drive in. I don't drive in Boston. It isn't as though I said I would. I said I might be able to. I can still take Friday and Saturday for you. So stop acting like I just stole your puppy!!
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #3824
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

I hate dealing with rude people when all you're trying to do is help someone. Rude people. Bloomy rude people who all of a sudden know everything! ...when they really don't.

deviantArt account

Last edited by Celcia : 08-29-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #3825
ecuadorianeyezz
I.M. the Art of the Dress

So I'm looking to pledge a business fraternity, and needed to put in for certain days off. First time I put it in, I spoke to both my immediate manager and my head-honcho general manager, and they both gave the okay. Six days pass, and it still hasn't been approved. No worries; this happened before. I'll just do it again. Put in another one....4 days pass. I get irritated a bit, and text my manager and ask if he got a chance to go around and approve it. He said he didn't get anything. AT-HOME SYSTEM, Y U NO WORK CORRECTLY!! This is my 3rd time putting it in, and I went ahead and texted my manager that I did. Let's see if it works now....if not, I need to just do it from the system AT MY JOB, and stare at my manager until he approves it. *sigh*

And AWA is less than a month away, and I don't have my cosplays. XD I did give both peeps a September 15th deadline, so I shouldn't stress, but I'm OCD on being prepared early, so I'm freaking out. X3 Save me.

NEXT CON
Anime Weekend Atlanta 2014 (September 26-28)

PLANNED COSPLAYS
MLP:FiM Rainbow Dash: 100% complete
PaSwG School Uniform Stocking: 85% complete
Crossover Cosplay-ORG XIII Stocking (PaSwG/KH): 60% complete
Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Sailor Mars: 65% complete
ecuadorianeyezz is offline   Reply With Quote