Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1172 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #54181
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I'm so mad right now. Joann Fabrics hasn't had their prom contest since, what, 2010? I've been looking forward to it since before I started sewing.
And I just found out that the contest starting in Sept is for people 18 years old and up.
Wonderful, Joanns. Love you too.

And I'm still stressing over Halloween.
Sigh. Looking at patterns then I'll continue pleating.
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #54182
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

I guess CosplayerNation REALLY liked my Sweet tooth skit at Colossalcon 2012. Here's the 2nd video I'se seen from them which has my skit. I'm just speechless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLPbHnk4bto
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #54183
Tensa Zangetsu
Eye of Fate

Impatiently waiting for my Suzaku cosplay to get here from Korea. It says "in transit" so I'm hoping its on a plane to the U.S. right now. I've wanted this cosplay for years, and its supposed to get here Friday.

Also debating trying to do a Slender Man cosplay for Halloween. Our local zoo has a special event the do during the week leading up to Halloween, and I'd love scaring people as Slendy if I can manage to get what I need. Only problem is its less than a month after AWA so my money may be a bit tight. Guess I'll just have to see!

Planned Cosplays
Anime Weekend Atlanta
Booker DeWitt - Bioshock Infinite
Minato Namikaze - Naruto
Rand al'Thor - The Wheel of Time

Tensa Zangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #54184
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

My cat rubbed against this prop handle and now has a streak of red paint on her back. Ha.

And while making decent time on these boots, I realized I haven't even started the wrist guards. They won't take long, but I'm hand-sewing and Sac Anime is on Friday. Fuu.

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 06:45 PM   #54185
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Garry may be harder to assemble than I though. I told my grandmother it may just be easier and less time-consuming to make it (since his coat is very simplistic) but we're still going to look at several thrift stores.

Also, found out my girlfriend has wanted to cosplay Lizzie and I MIGHT have accidentally made her squeal by telling her I (might, but basically) would get her wig for her. Oops. But she is the cutest thing, and I had thought about asking her for a while, but I had no idea she actually WANTED to O__o
...Then I made her squeal again by offering to waltz with her when we do Ciel and Lizzie together. ahaha I'm actually becoming the man in this relationship through cosplay! >:3
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #54186
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
My cat rubbed against this prop handle and now has a streak of red paint on her back. Ha. ...
Hahaha, I love when cats do stuff like that, my cat is always right in the middle of whatever I'm doing cosplay wise ... he especially loves laying on fabric -_-

I'm so freaking out though, cuz we're leaving tomorrow to go to AnimeFEST, and I have to wake up early enough to run a couple of errands and finish packing, but in order to wake up early enough, I need to go to bed early, and I'm WAY TOO FREAKING EXCITED to be going to bed early >_>

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #54187
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
Hahaha, I love when cats do stuff like that, my cat is always right in the middle of whatever I'm doing cosplay wise ... he especially loves laying on fabric -_-
Yeah, they love to get in the way! At least I had just applied the paint, so it could wipe off the area and repaint without any damage.

And I could get so much more work done if I wasn't sick as hell this week. Ugh. I had better be healthy-ish by Friday. I think I've drank my weight in green tea the last few days. Maybe a nap, then more sewing...

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #54188
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sigh, only marginally more progress made in another two and a half hours. I decided to just make a mockup out of a stretch knit and cut pieces off instead of flat-drafting. So far so good, except I don't think that'll translate that well to stretch pleather. And I'm making a final mockup out of a non-stretch pleather (not so much to use it as my final pattern, since I'd need to cut stretch pleather differently, but to see that it all lays right on me and I can actually make what I've mapped out with such a maerial).

Guh. I'm buying enough for a second attempt, that's for sure.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #54189
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Sewing my Duke Devlin headband by hand is proving to be a pain in the ass. Maybe I should've gotten my friend to held me cut the extra fabric off first so I didn't half to sew up an extra foot or so XP. Oh well, I'll do that before I add the diamonds, because I do NOT want to draw a gajillion of those things on.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 09:28 PM   #54190
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Well I feel bored now. I ended up packing my embroidery things to take to college with me and now I have nothing cosplay related to do. Such a weird feeling...

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #54191
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell-chan View Post
Yeah, they love to get in the way! At least I had just applied the paint, so it could wipe off the area and repaint without any damage.

And I could get so much more work done if I wasn't sick as hell this week. Ugh. I had better be healthy-ish by Friday. I think I've drank my weight in green tea the last few days. Maybe a nap, then more sewing...
I know! And I dk about your cat, but mine can be no where to be seen, and as soon as I pull something out to work on, he's suddenly ON IT! Oh, well that's good, I guess it's good timing on his part XD If he's gonna mess it up, might as well do it at a good time instead of a bad one, lol.

And hahaha, I don't think I've ever heard anyone request to be 'healthy-ish' before XD

Upcoming Conventions

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #54192
Xinouth
Hadena Cosplay

Hey guys

Just a quick question, and I don't feel the need for a new topic. I want to cosplay Yoruichi, but I'm quite pale. Should I use make-up to alter my skin-tone, or is this considered to be 'not-done'?

I know I shouldn't care what others have to say about my choice and style of cosplay, but it's still something I'm struggling with. Both options seem to have a group of people that's negative about it (one half doesn't like it when you stick with your own skin-tone, the other half doesn't like it when you try to portray the character's skin-tone).

It's not exactly an easy topic to search on (or it's just because I'm horrible at using search-functions, that's another possibility )

Sorry if it's a sensitive topic, by the way!

Cosplays:
Videl, Yoruichi, Lelouch Lamperouge, Anna (Frozen)

Working on:
Regina (OUAT)/Evil Queen (Disney) mashup

Planned:
The Great Saiyaman
Jinx
Vanilla
Xinouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #54193
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Learning how to spike wigs on my own ^_^

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #54194
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinouth View Post
Hey guys

Just a quick question, and I don't feel the need for a new topic. I want to cosplay Yoruichi, but I'm quite pale. Should I use make-up to alter my skin-tone, or is this considered to be 'not-done'?
It's more or less up to you if you want to, but personally I wouldn't. I think it shouldn't matter what your skin tone is as it is one of those factors you can't control like height and such.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #54195
Rangiku12
&lt;3 Old School &lt;3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinouth View Post
Hey guys

I know I shouldn't care what others have to say about my choice and style of cosplay, but it's still something I'm struggling with. Both options seem to have a group of people that's negative about it (one half doesn't like it when you stick with your own skin-tone, the other half doesn't like it when you try to portray the character's skin-tone).

It's not exactly an easy topic to search on (or it's just because I'm horrible at using search-functions, that's another possibility )

Sorry if it's a sensitive topic, by the way!
Personally I don't think it matters what skin tone you are but if your willing to go that extra mile use dark tone makeup foundations and a makeup sealer. Be sure to cover every spot on your face including eyelids and behind ears. I would not do the backless version of yoruichi as that's a lot of work to color the back and sides. Good luck

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote