Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Marvel Universe

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #361
Reverend Who

I'm working on doing a couple Spiderman villian costumes in the future. My choices are Sandman, Green Goblin, and The Lizard. Just asking for suggestions on how I can make these costumes successful like doing the Sandman's sand arms, Goblin outfit, and Lizard head, tail and claws

Unread 09-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #362
eebee

Last year my fiance and I did Cloak and Dagger at NYCC. He got the easy end of the construction stick on that one, not to mention the pain of actually wearing it. It was great though.

This year we're going for Rogue and Gambit, Messiah Complex arc outfits, so he'll have the harder time of construction. =D My turn to just sew a cloak and some basic clothes.

I'm finally giving up on my Emma Frost for this year, though it's very possible that she'll reemerge later (worked too hard on that top to give it up just yet!).

Soo many hopeful Marvel costumes for the future though...there are just too many characters to pick from! I think my foremost wants would be to improve my Dagger costume (could've done a lot better, and when I have some extra money, I'll try again) and to give the Scarlet Witch a try.

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Red (with Subject Unknown)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #363
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

NYCC is roughly a month away. Let's review the costumes shall we?

Cyclops- Modern Cyclops final con appearance, unless requested. He's seen some wear and tear, so I may just save him for photoshoots. Xeongensis Scott needs some repairs as well, but that's at lot easier.

Hawkeye- Shades, pants, side quiver and belts acquired. Need to re-do the chest emblem, pick up proper archer gloves and get a back quiver, not to mention acquire a con friendly bow.

I'm leglt jacked though. I have a private Avengers group for that Friday set up, and there's an X-group in the works for that Saturday. We only have a Scott, Emma, Dust and Rogue for the Saturday group, so if ppl want in, let me know.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #364
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Trying to finish up my Revanche (x-men) cosplay for Comikaze Expo this weekend, deciding what day to wear her. I don't have a lot of comics showing the back of her costume. A good chunk that did were tossed in the trash by my mom years ago. xD. So I am winging the back part of her costume, and guessing how it is.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #365
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Muramasa View Post
Trying to finish up my Revanche (x-men) cosplay for Comikaze Expo this weekend, deciding what day to wear her. I don't have a lot of comics showing the back of her costume. A good chunk that did were tossed in the trash by my mom years ago. xD. So I am winging the back part of her costume, and guessing how it is.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...evancheV28.jpg

GOOGLE IS YOU FRIEND! I know that's a custom figure, but it's accurate!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #366
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...evancheV28.jpg

GOOGLE IS YOU FRIEND! I know that's a custom figure, but it's accurate!
I've seen that but wasn't sure, especially since Im doing the version that is mostly purple and any pics on the net show her front. Thx though, because that is how I did her back. *phew*
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:07 AM   #367
ragingphoxx

I'm going to be doing a bit of an odd cosplay. My friends and I are getting together and doing a Sailor Avengers group, complete with the Sailor Shieldlights and I am going as Agent Colson.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6...mo1_r1_400.png

I'm just trying to figure out if s/he would be Sailor Shield Fighter or Sailor Shield Maker? Any ideas?

Ragingphoxx

Purveyor of fun and insanity
(Not necessarily in that order)

In Progress:
Berserk- Evarella (redoing wig)
Disgaea 2- Etna (my own variation)
Pokemon- Ninetails Gijinka (Furisode)
MLP:FIM- Octavia Gijinka (masquerade)
ragingphoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #368
AsianPsylocke

I'm going as Psylocke to Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. I will be wearing the Uncanny X-Force costume she wore when she first joined the team. Basically it's the same as her blue Jim Lee costume, but this is black and white. If I can make it on time, I will also be wearing her newest full bodysuit Uncanny X-Force black and gray costume that weekend.

Future Cons:
Comikaze
LVL UP Expo
Wizard World Las Vegas
Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con
NYCC
AsianPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #369
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

I can't believe I actually finally got the guts to do a comic cosplay, because I've been terrified how I'll look. And I didn't think that me and a bodysuit would mix well...
But I finished Magik last night(her yellow/black bodysuit outfit with the weird skirt) and plan to wear it to CPAC today.
I don't count my Thor costume for the loliAvengers group I'm in as a comic cosplay since it's genderbent and all, so this is going to be my first comic costume.

AsianPsylocke I can't wait to see your costume.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #370
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3372170/

My first Revanche bodysuit, I liked it, but it had flaws when it came to the purple fabric. It turned out to be too fragile, and tore near the crotch area. xD so did not need that to happen. Held off on wearing it to Comikaze last year.
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #371
AsianPsylocke

^Aww, that's too bad about the wardrobe malfunction because it looked fantastic!

I'm still working on Psylocke's latest Uncanny X-Force costume, but here is the other Uncanny X-Force costume I plan on wearing to Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con this year:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3362936/
That one was made by Constantine in Tokyo. Psylocke's latest costume I'm attempting to make myself. So far I just have the pattern cut out, but I'm hoping to have it completed by the end of May.

Future Cons:
Comikaze
LVL UP Expo
Wizard World Las Vegas
Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con
NYCC

Last edited by AsianPsylocke : 04-10-2013 at 09:31 PM.
AsianPsylocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 11:25 PM   #372
VforVilma
captainzombie

I'm working on Thor for San Diego comic con and eventually and Ant-Man.

Cosplays Under Development:
MCU Star-Lord

Cosplays:
L4D Hunter
BLU Soldier
ACII Leonardo Da Vinci
L4D2 Ellis
Fem!Daryl Dixon
Winter Soldier

--------------------------------------
VforVilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #373
Doompup

I'm working on Agent Venom (Flash Thompson) for Pittsburgh Comicon this September. Will probably give me the motivation to get back into shape too
Doompup is offline   Reply With Quote