Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-11-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
sanovah

[help]full arm tatto and wrapped arm with seals

Good evening all I'm a brand new cosplayer and was hoping. Someone more experienced may be able to help me with a couple issues I'm having.

First let me explain the costume. Because this is a self created cosplay that will be used in a future project I'm still finalizing everything, but I so far have the following. My characters entire right arm from his hand all the way to his shoulder will be completely covered in a power mark/tattoo. His left arm from his hand all the way to his elbow will be wrapped in bandage and on the bandage there will be approx ten weapon seals.

Trying to do all of this my problems are the obvious how especially because this will be a multiday cosplay. At this point I'm planning on buying a blank sleve get getting my tattoo artist friend to design it that way I can just slip it on and off when I'm in costume or not and this way I won't have to find an artist in another city everyday to redo the art. As for the bandage and seals I planned on buying normal workout tape and ordering multiple special transparent seals so I can just apply them everday and not have to worry about lining everything up everyday.

So yeah to any veteran cosplayers are there better ways to do what I want or is this the best avaliable option? Ty in advance for anyone that replies
sanovah is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
AsukaBlue

http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-MED.../dp/B0043WJ3OA

Temporary tattoo paper. Scan your seals/designs. Print. Repeat enough times to cover all your days of cosplays!
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

Temp tattoos are nice but wear off quickly especially in high use areas like the arm. If u wearing it for multiple days id check out pax and use that to paint on the design (u create a stencil and then paint over it w pax paint). As for the arm piece I've seen it done gorgeously by making the piece before hand. Using either bandages or fabric you wrap the arm but glue the bandage pieces as u go w fabric glue. After letting it harden you cut a seam in the back and then install some hook and eyes or a zipper or something so that u can get in an out of it. (make sure the zipper is the same color as the bandages!!!) then if needed u can make a flap that goes over the zipper out Of the same bandage to hide it but it shouldn't b needed. Then u paint on the deals and ur done!
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
dizzymonochrome
Sarah Charade

I always offer this tutorial: http://www.urbanthreads.com/tutorial...=Tattoo+Tights

Get some nude colored tights, engineer a way to wear as sleeve, and then either stretch them on something else, or just pull em on yourself and get your friend to draw away. Ed Hardy clothing basically did this at one point, offering tshirts with fake sleeve tattoos that were just printed on a long mesh sleeve that would seem invisible unless you looked closely or touched it. (Remember that episode of Big Bang Theory when Howard and Raj tried to be goth to get into a club?)

And then I second animenerd's suggestion on the bandaged arm by making it an armband of sorts and disguising the hook and eye closures with an extra strip.

Costume design and fabrication
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sector6labs

Tumblr: http://sector6labs.tumblr.com

Twitter: @sector6labs http://www.twitter.com/sector6labs
dizzymonochrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
sanovah

Thanks for the tips all. Just had one more question. Any advice on how I could do my hand too as part of the ratio? Not site if they make nude gloves or.anything
sanovah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

U can easily make a pair of gloves out of the material. It's super easy u just sketch the size of ur hand slightly larger and then sew away
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote