Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 08-20-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
Skydream
"WWC" Founder

Skyward Sword: Zelda's Ribbons?

Hello everyone!

First thing I have to say is sorry for my badass English. 'Cuz I'm from Germany and it's very hard to write English as a 13 year old girl. >.<

My Friend founds a Picture or a Instruction to do the Ribbons on the Wig. But anyway she doesn't found it again. She is searching for it until today. What a Friend.

How did you, dear Zelda Cosplayer, the Ribbons? Had you got help or did you just looked at Zelda's Hair and did the Ribbons?

You don't have to hurry ^^' I've got time until July 2013.

*Give you all Cookies*
Skydream ♥
Skydream is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
Reily96
Kimono Junkie

It depends what you're going for. In-game, Zelda's hair ribbons are impossible to accomplish in real life. In order to get that effect, some Zelda cosplayers have added padding inside of the forelocks, covering it up with the wig hair and then tying the ribbons around them. That's if you want to do it exactly as it appears in the game.

If you don't mind taking a realistic approach to the ribbons, just get the forelocks and start wrapping ribbon around and around the hair. For me, I braided the forelocks beforehand, that way I didn't have to worry about my wig hair wiggling around too much. Then I just wrapped pink ribbon around up and down, tying it off in knots. Then I added green ribbon in the same way, up and down. And ta-dah, hair ribbons. The back was a bit trickier, as my wig is really long. In order to get it to the appropriate length, I bundled up the hair and then pretty much proceeded in the same fashion as the forelocks. Due to the bunching up, however, the ribbons didn't come out nearly as clean on the bottom than did the forelocks. However, you won't have to worry too much if your wig isn't as long as mine (mine goes past my bottom >.> ).
Kamiya Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin) - 100%
Gakuko, Shanghai Disco ver. (Vocaloid) - 70%

For the Future:
Smaug - The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Malon - Legend of Zelda
Snow Queen Elsa - Frozen
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 04:50 AM   #3
Skydream
&amp;quot;WWC&amp;quot; Founder

http://zeldachuu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d52madx

Her Wig looks like this. A bit thicker than yours. We searched yesterday 4 it, again. xD
Skydream is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
Hillasaur
Princess Midna

i've my own zelda cosplay

You could use padding or just buy two identical wigs and sew them together to get bigger amount of hair for the locks.
Hillasaur is offline   Reply With Quote