Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 09-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #46
27XxJuDaImExX27
Iron Woman

I'm going Saturday, and maybe Sunday. I'll be Pepper Potts both days, and hopefully I'll have a Steve and Tony with me one of those days. c: If not I'll probably just cling to the first Pepper-less Tony I can find for a bit haha.

By the way, does anyone know if you have to buy your ticket online, or can you get it at the con? My friend was wondering, since she's not really allowed to buy things from the Internet.
27XxJuDaImExX27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #47
redsublime

If I do go, which I doubt since I may not have the time.
I might go as Alois or Dave from Homestuck. C:

~Cosplays~
Alois Trancy ; Black Butler ---------- 100%
Ze Mole ; South Park ---------- 100%
Mello (Mihael Keehl) ; Death Note -------- 100%
Mysterion ; South Park --------- 0%
Loki Laufeyson ; Thor ---------- 5%
redsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post
I'm going Saturday, and maybe Sunday. I'll be Pepper Potts both days, and hopefully I'll have a Steve and Tony with me one of those days. c: If not I'll probably just cling to the first Pepper-less Tony I can find for a bit haha.

By the way, does anyone know if you have to buy your ticket online, or can you get it at the con? My friend was wondering, since she's not really allowed to buy things from the Internet.
We should meet up!! I'll be Bethany from the iron man comics. She is head of security and one of Tony's many ex's. lol! I'll be there on Sat. PM me!
You should be able to buy at the door. Did you try and call the con. center?? I did that with pop con and they said you can buy at the door..bbuutt that was pop con. Best to call and ask rather than show up and not be able to get your friend in.

Update: Did ask someone in the mando mercs and they said yes you can buy tickets there.

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page

Last edited by Demon Doll : 09-14-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #49
Jonowxeno
Photog

Less than 24 hours. I'm excited!
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #50
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonowxeno View Post
Less than 24 hours. I'm excited!
Agreed!

May have to drop my Dust cosplay, just for this event. Over the fact of all the unrest in the middle east over that nasty movie. (I watched it, it was horrible!)
Also, because it was filmed here in So Cal- I will be profiled once I walk in as her.
Now, I know what worry Muslim woman may feel about going outside everyday during these events. My heart goes out to them. <3
Sorry to anyone who may of been looking forward to it. Will post pics once it's done!

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Cosplay FB page

Last edited by Demon Doll : 09-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #51
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
Agreed!

May have to drop my Dust cosplay, just for this event. Over the fact of all the unrest in the middle east over that nasty movie. (I watched it, it was horrible!)
Also, because it was filmed here in So Cal- I will be profiled once I walk in as her.
Now, I know what worry Muslim woman may feel about going outside everyday during these events. My heart goes out to them. <3
Sorry to anyone who may of been looking forward to it. Will post pics once it's done!
Gah! One of the obscure characters I'm a fan of!

Damn politics...
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #52
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
Gah! One of the obscure characters I'm a fan of!

Damn politics...
Sorry! Might go to LBCC as her,or nuke the fridge, if American Dream isn't done. (Most likely won't be.). Should be enough time for things to clam down a little.
4 innocent men were killed just because of this movie. One of which was an US ambassador. So, it has gotten pretty steep. Will be there as Bethany Cabe. Another lesser known comic character from Iron Man.

Cons
Cosplay FB page

Last edited by Demon Doll : 09-14-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
katx
Azu-nyan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post
Last year they had on-con reg. Lines are gonna be long either way =p
katx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #54
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by katx View Post
Last year they had on-con reg. Lines are gonna be long either way =p
Yes, door ticket lines are always huge. I have a friend who will be working for the event this year. They started setting up last night. He said it was MUCH bigger than last year. So, ready yourselves!!!

Cons
Cosplay FB page
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
katx
Azu-nyan~

Quote:
Yes, door ticket lines are always huge. I have a friend who will be working for the event this year. They started setting up last night. He said it was MUCH bigger than last year. So, ready yourselves!!!
Aww man >< I hope queues are better this year though! I went an hour early last year and the lines were bad (AX day 0-like) lol They didn't say what time they're releasing badges this year though xD
katx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #56
Kiosuke_X
I just think different

Well since this is the only forum to represent Comikaze, i'll be attending in either my Kyo Kusanagi cosplay or Zack from Dead or Alive
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #57
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by katx View Post
Aww man >< I hope queues are better this year though! I went an hour early last year and the lines were bad (AX day 0-like) lol They didn't say what time they're releasing badges this year though xD
Guessing it opens at 9am.

Cons
Cosplay FB page
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #58
Sperbette

Quote:
We should meet up!! I'll be Bethany from the iron man comics. She is head of security and one of Tony's many ex's. lol! I'll be there on Sat. PM me!
You should be able to buy at the door. Did you try and call the con. center?? I did that with pop con and they said you can buy at the door..bbuutt that was pop con. Best to call and ask rather than show up and not be able to get your friend in.

Update: Did ask someone in the mando mercs and they said yes you can buy tickets there.
I am pretty sure the Steve mentioned in Judaime's post is me. I'll be there tomorrow and we'll look for you. c:
Sperbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #59
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Holy crap line set up was beyond horrible!! 2hrs+ ??? Ridiculous! They had people who prepaid and people who were walking up in one line! xD I didnt even bother today!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #60
Rinoa07
Anemic Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Muramasa View Post
Holy crap line set up was beyond horrible!! 2hrs+ ??? Ridiculous! They had people who prepaid and people who were walking up in one line! xD I didnt even bother today!
I was severely ticked off about line management this year. Severely. There is no way, any con, at this point in time, should be juvenile enough to think that pre-reg and walk-ups should even be put in any sort of line together. I waited an hour and a half to get my little wrist-band. Yes, it's a newer con, but there are enough conventions out there, at this point, off of which to base an organsation model, especially for something so crucial as badge pick up.