Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #46
27XxJuDaImExX27
Iron Woman
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 307
I'm going Saturday, and maybe Sunday. I'll be Pepper Potts both days, and hopefully I'll have a Steve and Tony with me one of those days. c: If not I'll probably just cling to the first Pepper-less Tony I can find for a bit haha.

By the way, does anyone know if you have to buy your ticket online, or can you get it at the con? My friend was wondering, since she's not really allowed to buy things from the Internet.
27XxJuDaImExX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 09-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #47
redsublime
Registered User
 
redsublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2
If I do go, which I doubt since I may not have the time.
I might go as Alois or Dave from Homestuck. C:
__________________
~Upcoming Cons~
Comikaze - September 16, 2012. Sunday only. Going as Dave Strider from Homestuck.


~Cosplays~
Alois Trancy ; Black Butler ---------- 100%
Ze Mole ; South Park ---------- 100%
Mello (Mihael Keehl) ; Death Note -------- 100%
Mysterion ; South Park --------- 0%
Loki Laufeyson ; Thor ---------- 5%
redsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:00 PM   #48
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*
 
Demon Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post
I'm going Saturday, and maybe Sunday. I'll be Pepper Potts both days, and hopefully I'll have a Steve and Tony with me one of those days. c: If not I'll probably just cling to the first Pepper-less Tony I can find for a bit haha.

By the way, does anyone know if you have to buy your ticket online, or can you get it at the con? My friend was wondering, since she's not really allowed to buy things from the Internet.
We should meet up!! I'll be Bethany from the iron man comics. She is head of security and one of Tony's many ex's. lol! I'll be there on Sat. PM me!
You should be able to buy at the door. Did you try and call the con. center?? I did that with pop con and they said you can buy at the door..bbuutt that was pop con. Best to call and ask rather than show up and not be able to get your friend in.

Update: Did ask someone in the mando mercs and they said yes you can buy tickets there.
__________________
平和、愛、と尊敬を (Peace, love, and respect)

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page

Last edited by Demon Doll : 09-14-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #49
Jonowxeno
Photog
 
Jonowxeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 218
Less than 24 hours. I'm excited!
__________________
You can call me Jono
2013 Plans:
San Diego Comic-Con, Otakon, Dragon*Con
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #50
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*
 
Demon Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonowxeno View Post
Less than 24 hours. I'm excited!
Agreed!

May have to drop my Dust cosplay, just for this event. Over the fact of all the unrest in the middle east over that nasty movie. (I watched it, it was horrible!)
Also, because it was filmed here in So Cal- I will be profiled once I walk in as her.
Now, I know what worry Muslim woman may feel about going outside everyday during these events. My heart goes out to them. <3
Sorry to anyone who may of been looking forward to it. Will post pics once it's done!
__________________
平和、愛、と尊敬を (Peace, love, and respect)

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page

Last edited by Demon Doll : 09-14-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #51
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host
 
Freight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
Agreed!

May have to drop my Dust cosplay, just for this event. Over the fact of all the unrest in the middle east over that nasty movie. (I watched it, it was horrible!)
Also, because it was filmed here in So Cal- I will be profiled once I walk in as her.
Now, I know what worry Muslim woman may feel about going outside everyday during these events. My heart goes out to them. <3
Sorry to anyone who may of been looking forward to it. Will post pics once it's done!
Gah! One of the obscure characters I'm a fan of!

Damn politics...
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #52
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*
 
Demon Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freight View Post
Gah! One of the obscure characters I'm a fan of!

Damn politics...
Sorry! Might go to LBCC as her,or nuke the fridge, if American Dream isn't done. (Most likely won't be.). Should be enough time for things to clam down a little.
4 innocent men were killed just because of this movie. One of which was an US ambassador. So, it has gotten pretty steep. Will be there as Bethany Cabe. Another lesser known comic character from Iron Man.
__________________
平和、愛、と尊敬を (Peace, love, and respect)

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page

Last edited by Demon Doll : 09-14-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #53
katx
Azu-nyan~
 
katx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27XxJuDaImExX27 View Post
By the way, does anyone know if you have to buy your ticket online, or can you get it at the con? My friend was wondering, since she's not really allowed to buy things from the Internet.
Last year they had on-con reg. Lines are gonna be long either way =p
katx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #54
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*
 
Demon Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by katx View Post
Last year they had on-con reg. Lines are gonna be long either way =p
Yes, door ticket lines are always huge. I have a friend who will be working for the event this year. They started setting up last night. He said it was MUCH bigger than last year. So, ready yourselves!!!
__________________
平和、愛、と尊敬を (Peace, love, and respect)

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #55
katx
Azu-nyan~
 
katx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
Yes, door ticket lines are always huge. I have a friend who will be working for the event this year. They started setting up last night. He said it was MUCH bigger than last year. So, ready yourselves!!!
Aww man >< I hope queues are better this year though! I went an hour early last year and the lines were bad (AX day 0-like) lol They didn't say what time they're releasing badges this year though xD
katx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #56
Kiosuke_X
I just think different
 
Kiosuke_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,545
Well since this is the only forum to represent Comikaze, i'll be attending in either my Kyo Kusanagi cosplay or Zack from Dead or Alive
__________________
If the devil wanna dance with you, you better say never because a dance with the devil might last you forever.
-Immortal Technique
Kiosuke_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:13 PM   #57
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*
 
Demon Doll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by katx View Post
Aww man >< I hope queues are better this year though! I went an hour early last year and the lines were bad (AX day 0-like) lol They didn't say what time they're releasing badges this year though xD
Guessing it opens at 9am.
__________________
平和、愛、と尊敬を (Peace, love, and respect)

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #58
Sperbette
Registered User
 
Sperbette's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
We should meet up!! I'll be Bethany from the iron man comics. She is head of security and one of Tony's many ex's. lol! I'll be there on Sat. PM me!
You should be able to buy at the door. Did you try and call the con. center?? I did that with pop con and they said you can buy at the door..bbuutt that was pop con. Best to call and ask rather than show up and not be able to get your friend in.

Update: Did ask someone in the mando mercs and they said yes you can buy tickets there.
I am pretty sure the Steve mentioned in Judaime's post is me. I'll be there tomorrow and we'll look for you. c:
Sperbette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #59
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer
 
Lady Muramasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 750
Holy crap line set up was beyond horrible!! 2hrs+ ??? Ridiculous! They had people who prepaid and people who were walking up in one line! xD I didnt even bother today!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #60
Rinoa07
Anemic Royalty
 
Rinoa07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Muramasa View Post
Holy crap line set up was beyond horrible!! 2hrs+ ??? Ridiculous! They had people who prepaid and people who were walking up in one line! xD I didnt even bother today!
I was severely ticked off about line management this year. Severely. There is no way, any con, at this point in time, should be juvenile enough to think that pre-reg and walk-ups should even be put in any sort of line together. I waited an hour and a half to get my little wrist-band. Yes, it's a newer con, but there are enough conventions out there, at this point, off of which to base an organsation model, especially for something so crucial as badge pick up.
__________________
"Everybody tells tales . . . it's just the dead talk more quietly than other people."
Rinoa07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.