Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 09-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Holierthanthou
Haku Strider

Is this a trusted seller?

I just want to make sure before my friend buys this wig. I have trust issues with eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Selling-...ht_1962wt_1002
Russia-APH (FINISHED), Dave Strider- Homestuck (FINISHED), Terezi Pyrope- Homestuck (FINISHED), Feferi Peixes- Homestuck (FINISHED), Sherlock Holmes- Sherlock (FINISHED), Cecil Palmer- Welcome to Night Vale (FINISHED), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (99% Done), Cicero- Skyrim (30% Done)

Facebook ~ Tumblr ~ Deviantart
Holierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

well looking at it I would say NO..
Here's why..
1. Feedback rate of 99.3% That's not the best..I have noticed a lot of ratings this low are bad sellers and not to be trusted
2. The description is TERRIBLE..Just reading it, it doesn't sound like they know much about the product..
3. The price!! I mean, Look at any other place that sells wigs this long..over twice as much..There's a reason they sell this cheap..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Yeah, I wouldn't go near that. I'd stay away from eBay wigs in general. Go with Arda or Epic Cosplay. EC is especially good for really long wigs because they don't tangle as easily as other wigs.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #4
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

I can vouch for that seller! I got a wig from them and it was alright. It was my first wig buy ever and I planned on buying that same wig too! The one i got is heat resisant but shiny..then again its a costume wig. The wig may not be arda or epic wig but if you cant afford those high price ones like me I'd say get that one. Their wigs are made out of a shiny plastic material so if you wanted something more real hair like..thats not the one to get

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 09-03-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
Holierthanthou
Haku Strider

Whelp, my friend ordered the wig. We very low on both time and money, so we can't be too picky about whether or not the wig's shiny ^^; Actually, since the seller is close to us and fairly cheap, we're probably gonna order wigs from there a lot more often if we're happy enough with the white one :3
Russia-APH (FINISHED), Dave Strider- Homestuck (FINISHED), Terezi Pyrope- Homestuck (FINISHED), Feferi Peixes- Homestuck (FINISHED), Sherlock Holmes- Sherlock (FINISHED), Cecil Palmer- Welcome to Night Vale (FINISHED), Grell Sutcliff- Kuroshitsuji (99% Done), Cicero- Skyrim (30% Done)

Facebook ~ Tumblr ~ Deviantart
Holierthanthou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #6
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

since when was 99.2 a BAD seller rating...? I order from people with that rating all the time, and while I haven't ordered from this seller, I've only ever had issues with ONE ebay seller or of 100s I've delt with... as for staying away from ebay... why? really... why? like I said, I've ordered off ebay for wigs a LOT of times, as have my other cosplay group members... you're missing out if you don't go to ebay and go spending $50 on a wig...
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
AshofRebirth

Umm while I'm perfectly fine with both methods, I don't think people are necessarily /missing out/ if they're not buying from eBay.

U.S. sellers have their advantages too you know. One being fast shipping. To get fast shipping on an overseas wig, you'll have to pay about 20 dollars. Boom. That makes it at 40 dollars right there if you aren't able to wait.

2. Most of the overseas wigs have SMALL wig caps. So people with larger heads can't buy them. Therefore they tend to lean toward U.S. selling wigs..

3. A little better customer service with U.S. sellers. Okay, let's be honest. When you buy something from overseas, there's a chance they won't speak English well. So it's a bit harder to communicate with them at times.

I could go on and on... but just because you're not buying cheap wigs from eBay definitely does NOT mean you're missing out. Both have their pros and cons.
And sometimes you just get what you pay for.

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #8
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgasm View Post
you're missing out if you don't go to ebay and go spending $50 on a wig...
I don't think so. That's risking getting a horrible wig and having to replace it. I'd rather go somewhere with an overwhelmingly positive reputation like Arda or EC, even if it'll cost me an extra $5 - $25.

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #9
novaraven1

I completely agree that I trust US sellers more. I use epiccosplay and arda for all my wigs now. The shipping is fast and cheap. The quality of the products they carry is very high. Most importantly I know their colours are going to be consistent and not a surprise.
Finding a good colour match in a good quality hiperlon fiber is my first priority. I can sew several thin cheap wigs together if I have to,(wigs I buy from cosplayDNA/cosplayanimewigs.com I have to do this with) but only if the colour and fiber quality are usable. Things sold on e-bay often are not clear about what exactly they are made of "heat resistant fiber" and "japanese fiber" do not tell me exactly what it is. And for long wigs or wigs that require specific heat styling, I need to know.
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
BlackroseHunter
TheOne&Only

While on this topic, does anyone know anything about this seller? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Japan...em41639e73 c3

I want to order it this week, but I sorta have trust issues with ebay as well. Thanx

"When you curse someone, you dig your own grave"

Cosplays for Anime Mid-Atlantic 2014:
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Ymir (Attack on Titan)
Fem!Prussia (Nyotalia/Hetalia)

Cosplays for Otakon 2014
Princess Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
Tony the Talking Clock (Don't Hug Me I'm Scared)
Fem!Rin Matsuoka (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club)
Fu, Seven-Tailed Jinchuuriki (Naruto: Shippuden)
BlackroseHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackroseHunter View Post
While on this topic, does anyone know anything about this seller? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Japan...em41639e73 c3

I want to order it this week, but I sorta have trust issues with ebay as well. Thanx
Well a few things..

First off, you are asking in the wig forums..You should have put this in the specific anime's forum or whatever it's from..

Second..Not only are they NOT a top rated seller but they also have 98% positive feedback..Usually this is a bad thing..for both..

Another thing I notice, is that the picture is VERY blurry..This usually indicates it is NOT their picture..So It's a good guess they stole it.

Honestly this seller looks VERY sketchy and I would say no..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote