Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #16
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
I think it'll be more like "Resistance" was for PS3. A go-to game at launch which the sequels will never match-up to in sales, not because of quality or ability, but because the fanbase just isn't there. It could, by all counts, sell amazingly well on Wiiu. Platinum will greenlight Bayonetta 3, and it won't sell nearly as well, simply due to the timeframe.

In fact, the negative reaction by so many Bayonetta fans more or less implies that it isn't a system seller (since they're not willing to buy the system to play it). Of course, people could go out and buy it anyway, only time will tell.

This is, of course, depending on whether Bayonetta 2 is actually good. For all we know it could end-up being a misstep. Not likely, but lets not go jumping to conclusions either.
Well, the negative reaction was, "AWW MAN! NOW I GOTTA BUY A NEW CONSOLE?!? F-THAT!," when its' like, news flash, even if it wasn't on the WiiU, you'd still be playing it on a new console.

The game will do just fine as long as Nintendo promotes it. THATS what Platinum needs to be worried about. Nintendo is generally awful about promoting games that their partners are making.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #17
Wolverine

Quote:
The GamePad also includes motion control, a front-facing camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, rumble features, a sensor bar, a stylus, and support for Near Field Communication (NFC). It is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and weighs approximately 1.1 pounds.
“sensor bar”? What the…??

But this pic shows that so-called sensor bar. Hmm...I didn't know the Wii U gamepad uses that thing ... or is that just for backward compatibility w/ the original Nintendo Wii's Wii Remote controller?
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

I have no interest.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #19
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post

“sensor bar”? What the…??

But this pic shows that so-called sensor bar. Hmm...I didn't know the Wii U gamepad uses that thing ... or is that just for backward compatibility w/ the original Nintendo Wii's Wii Remote controller?
WiiU still uses WiiMotes.

Unread 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Well, the negative reaction was, "AWW MAN! NOW I GOTTA BUY A NEW CONSOLE?!? F-THAT!," when its' like, news flash, even if it wasn't on the WiiU, you'd still be playing it on a new console.

The game will do just fine as long as Nintendo promotes it. THATS what Platinum needs to be worried about. Nintendo is generally awful about promoting games that their partners are making.
I honestly doubt it was aimed for Orbis of Nextbox. I bet it was something on current-gen hardware that Nintendo swooped in and saved. I'm betting its not a ground-up revamp. Hasn't been enough time for that.

Especially when we have things like Ground Zeroes coming for 360 and PS3.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 02:01 PM   #21
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
I honestly doubt it was aimed for Orbis of Nextbox. I bet it was something on current-gen hardware that Nintendo swooped in and saved. I'm betting its not a ground-up revamp. Hasn't been enough time for that.

Especially when we have things like Ground Zeroes coming for 360 and PS3.
Just like with WatchDogs, there's no way Ground Zeroes is going to be on 360 or PS3. That game will get delayed into fall 2013, and then again if Durango isn't ready. The only way there's a snowball's chance of it being on current gen consoles is if Konami is okay in pulling a Twilight Princess with it.

I think Bayo 2 would have gotten pushed. It sounds like Sega is simply sitting on everything that isn't a sure fire hit and getting everything that's at least a million seller out this year so they can bolster their books for the fiscal year. However, doing that severly hurts your relationships with your developers, especially when you refuse to publish games that are already complete in the states (I'm looking at you anarchy reigns). Platinum probably couldn't wait to be out from under Sega.

In other news, it just came to light that the single player campaign for Rayman Legends is 90% Murfy and that only a few challenge levels are actually played as Rayman. So I'm not interested in that game anymore.

Unread 09-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
Pliskin
Fortune Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesoian View Post
Just like with WatchDogs, there's no way Ground Zeroes is going to be on 360 or PS3. That game will get delayed into fall 2013, and then again if Durango isn't ready. The only way there's a snowball's chance of it being on current gen consoles is if Konami is okay in pulling a Twilight Princess with it.
To be honest, since the FOX engine is designed for taking PC in-mind as well, It wouldn't surprise me if there was an Orbis version in the cards.

Orbis and Durango still haven't even been finalized, so we're talking more than a year away. Given that Kojima is working on GZ, and MGS5, I wouldn't be surprised if GZ was current-gen with an upgraded version next-gen systems, and then MGS5 is next-gen only.

Something else that's telling, no mention of GZ for wiiu, which would be a no-brainer considering the dev hardware has been at konami for quite a while.
Pliskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
CountMetal
I GOTTA BELIEVE!!!!!!

I was about to preorder mine but with Playstation All Stars Battle Royale going to be released the same week as the Wii U I will get that instead. I will get mine once Dragon Quest X and the next Smash Bros. Game are out.
Planned Cosplays: Ryu, Robocop, Bucky O' Hare, and Cobra Commander
CountMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #24
Zweihander
Resident jerkface

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMetal View Post
I was about to preorder mine but with Playstation All Stars Battle Royale going to be released the same week as the Wii U I will get that instead. I will get mine once Dragon Quest X and the next Smash Bros. Game are out.
>2012
>caring about Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Melee Brawl Kerfuffle
Unread 09-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #25
tipsd9video
Juudaime!

I'm really looking forward to this system. I have the Deluxe Edition preordered.
tipsd9video is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #26
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

Not getting one at launch, but will for sure get one when Bayonetta 2 comes out. I love the first one so much!
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 08:54 PM   #27
vampricyoda
VampricYoda

Eh. Unless the New SSB looks really awesome I probably won't pick this system up for quite some time. I mean I use the Wii often enough. But most of that is the little side Wii Sports style games or downloading older games.

If I could transfer my downloaded contact on the Wii to the WiiU I might have been interested. But I'll probably hold back this Gen.
vampricyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampricyoda View Post
If I could transfer my downloaded contact on the Wii to the WiiU I might have been interested. But I'll probably hold back this Gen.
Why don't we have a universal Virtual Console, for that matter? I really want to transfer my Virtual Console purchases from my Wii to my 3DS. I know the 3DS doesn't have SNES, Genesis, N64, etc yet, but I at least would like to transfer my NES games to my 3DS rather than having to repurchase them as they become available. I also think it's weird that the 3DS and the Wii have completely different NES games. I don't really understand why Nintendo can only release one or two things digitally a week. Am I thinking about this the wrong way and there's some technical thing I'm not understanding?

As for the Wii U, I'll get it eventually, but not at launch.
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 06:13 AM   #29
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Before I even consider getting a Wii U, I need to get a Wii 1(?) first. I have some GameCube games I've been wanting to play and if I'm not mistaken, the Wii U can't play them.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #30
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Before I even consider getting a Wii U, I need to get a Wii 1(?) first. I have some GameCube games I've been wanting to play and if I'm not mistaken, the Wii U can't play them.
There are new Wii models that can't play gamecube games too, the one my roommate got is one of them, thankfully we still have a gamecube.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote