Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #241
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

(Cross-post from the other thread)
I want to get a binder top, but I don't know which one is better. I have a 32D and I'm looking at either the Tri-top or the 997. The trouble is that I'm very short, so I'm afraid the length of the 997 would be a disadvantage in that it would roll up if I tried tucking it into my pants and create a doughnut of ugly. Any ideas?

For cosplay photos please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2012, 01:56 PM   #242
wolfspeaker

@KuruttaKanashii: I would definatly say the Tri-top! I own one and my friend owns one and we are both bigger chest wise than you and is works amazing! You still might have a slight issue with rolling up, we both do, but we found that just folding up the bottom cm of it stops it rolling up any more

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #243
KuruttaKanashii
Tempest in a Teapot

All right, then I'l wash the windows for my mom and get the money for it! lol.

For cosplay photos please visit my tumblr
KuruttaKanashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #244
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Okay guys!

So recently I found out that I am a 36A (which is a relief to me since I thought that I was a B cup) and I was looking into getting a Compression Tank/Shirt from Underworks. [Preferably the Style 594 Muscle one so it can keep my stomach flat as well.]

I measured my bust size (40in with breasts included) and then measured underneath (33in) like the way to figure out what size to get says to do. I added them together (40+33=73) and then found the average (36.5in).

Now my problem is this.
For the Style 594 Muscle the small size goes from a chest 32-35in and then the medium size goes from 36-39in. I am not really sure if the medium size one would be a bit too big since I am at the start of a medium and the end of the small.

Are there any females out there with my cup size that got the Compression Body T? What size did you girls get them in? What size would probably work best for me? I truly do not wish to waste money for the product to stretch or hurt me. :[

Thank you for your help!

[Repost from other thread]

Edit;
Does anyone know of the Style 997 and if it works?
Idk how to link it from the website D:
Help?
Unread 10-14-2012, 01:15 AM   #245
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

If you're an A you might not need a binder at all. Lots of A-cups use shapewear from Target or regular old sports bras.

I wear the 997 and it works nicely for me and my DDs.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con

Last edited by SirenaBlack : 10-14-2012 at 01:18 AM.
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #246
miene-maus
Guardian of Tiny Turtles

help? advice?

I've skimmed through the pages of this one and the old one, but I'm still lost when it comes what works for which sizes. I'm crossingplaying as Ciel and last time I checked, he didn't have 32Ds. I don't really want to use a binder or those tri-top things, but I heard ACE can crack ribs...:/ Has anyone bigger than a B tried using the tape method--and if so, to what sucess? I might go with the bandages anyway; I just don't know how small I can get. Any tidbit of help would be much appreciated!

-------------------------------------
Upcoming cosplays:
Ciel Phantomhive (this little Earl wants a Sebastian!)
Serah Farron (alternate)
Maka Albarn
Doll (Kuroshitsuji)
Alice Abernathy (Retribution battle suit)

DA FF.net
miene-maus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #247
SirenaBlack
They're eating my people!

Curious, why don't you want to use a binder (tri-tops are binders)?

Ace is generally not considered to be very healthy. Too many things can go wrong with it.
Going to ALA, Gallifrey One, and SPN Vegas Con
SirenaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #248
miene-maus
Guardian of Tiny Turtles

So I've heard (about Ace). With the binders, well, I just have an aversion to them and I'm not sure why (maybe because they cover so much and I only need that one area?). That and in the future, I plan on doing an open-shirt (which may or may not be the greatest idea in the world, considering...). I'm a stubborn perfectionist, so even if it's not healthy or smart...Ace it may have to be.

Upcoming cosplays:
Serah Farron (alternate)
Maka Albarn
Doll (Kuroshitsuji)

DA FF.net
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #249
wolfspeaker

miene-maus: First of all at your chest size the only safe and fully effective way to bind is with a proper binder.
You say you dont like the idea of them because they cover such a large area but you will have to cover that area with ace banadages anyway the only difference is the straps that go over the shoulder. If that is a major problem costume wise companies like lesloveboat sell strapless binders.
There are a wide range of binders in all shapes and styles so you can find one you like, the triptop that I use does not even reach my bellybutton.

You say you know about ace bandages but why would you even want consider wrapping something that is designed to cut of the blood supply to a injury around your chest. Even using the 3 inch elastic that is listed on the first post would be safer though no where near as effective at your size as a proper binder.

Also in regards to using tape for open shirt any size above a small B is going to find it very ineffective and painful.
For open shirt there are many alternatives such as dying your binder flesh tone, wearing a flesh tone top over your binder, using white stretchy fabric for 'bandages', or even editing the costume so you can cover your chest

NO matter how perfect you want to look ruining your health for later in life is never a good idea, remember there is always photoshop

MCM Expo London October

Planned Cosplay

Allen Walker
Captain Toshiro Hitsugaya
Grimmjow Jaegerjaques
wolfspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #250
miene-maus
Guardian of Tiny Turtles

Oh I wasn't even aware that the binders came in different lengths; I saw the one at underworks and I freaked out. And with the Ace, it's that thinking where you're like, 'well, I know it isn't good, but maybe it'll be different with me/or maybe if I do it this way, it won't hurt so bad'--even though deep down, you know you're just bullshitting yourself and you're going to be disappointed later.

Thanks so much for the input! I still have a couple months before I crossplay, so I can look around for the right binder.

Upcoming cosplays:
Serah Farron (alternate)
Maka Albarn
Doll (Kuroshitsuji)

DA FF.net
Unread 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #251
pkmntrainerGina

i have like 32c and i dont want to buy a binder becuase i'm 14 and its just embarrassing to ask my mom to order this ... yeahh haha. with 1 looseish sports bra and a 1 tight one (like the ones people wear on its own for running) i say i got down to a b? if i wear another tight sports bra would i get pretty flat? it doesnt need to be perfect.
pkmntrainerGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #252
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

OMG
This is the thread for me XD
Im definitely gonna have to bind myself if im able to c(ross)osplay Casual!Germany (from Hetalia) since im a 34 b... -face redder than a tomatoe-
I honestly didnt know that thered be some broken ribs and bruises due to ace bandages (because I asked on here and that was something to note). Id probably choose something other then duct tape...heh...that would hurt coming off, and either way I think I could use something else. I think my mom has something that you would use to bind but not for your chest. I also do have this sports bra so I guess I could try that unless there's something better.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2012, 07:05 AM   #253
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainerGina View Post
i have like 32c and i dont want to buy a binder becuase i'm 14 and its just embarrassing to ask my mom to order this ... yeahh haha. with 1 looseish sports bra and a 1 tight one (like the ones people wear on its own for running) i say i got down to a b? if i wear another tight sports bra would i get pretty flat? it doesnt need to be perfect.
I would definitely go with the sport bras. You're still young enough that you could do some damage to yourself if you bind too tightly or too much. I'm a 36C and I have a compression sport bra that works almost as good as my Tri-Top. It's amazing what a good sport bra can do!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #254
Tiramisuki

Okay, so I've been shopping around for a new binder. The makeshift one I've been using (something along the lines of shapewear) really isn't cutting it anymore, so I decided to take the plunge and get myself a real binder.

The thing is, I don't know a whole lot about binders, so I'm not sure which one to choose. I looked through Underworks, but I got a little confused/overwhelmed by all of the options, especially since half of them look exactly the same. I bought a binder from there before, but it was too small/uncomfortable, so I had to return it. I think I may have just underestimated my bust size at the time.

Anyways, I'm just a 34B, so I don't need the same super compression as a D-cup, but sports bras aren't quite enough. My friend uses a full-length binder, which I appreciate, but I'd also like my options open so that I could show some stomach if I needed too without having to buy another new binder for that. However, I've heard that the really short binders can be uncomfortable because of the way they distribute pressure. (Is it possible to get a full-length chest binder, and fold the bottom half up to make it appear shorter, or would that be a bad idea?) I know T-kingdom has some shorter binders, but they're also quite pricey, and I am worried about a half-binder being uncomfortable. At this time, I am leaning towards a full-length binder just to keep it simple, but I would like to make an educated purchase.

Does anyone have any tips on selecting a size or advice on which binder to choose?
Sorry if any of these questions seem silly.
Lambda-11 (cloak outfit) - Blazblue
Gou (street clothes) - Free!
Tiramisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #255
Lemon-Squeezy

Quick question about binders. Can you wear anything under them? Like, I have no problem ordering and wearing one however I just hate having my breasts coming in contacts with the rest of my chest. It just gets nasty and warm and sweaty and yuck. So would it be possible to wear a sports bra or even just a cami underneath? Or anything?

I have a 36DD chest beteedubs. (Not sure if it makes a difference or not)

Kastucon 2014
Austrian Succession Spain
Cowboy America

Otakon 2014
Daenerys Targaryen
Austrian Succession Spain
Mistral - .hack
Kofuku - Noragami
Lemon-Squeezy is offline   Reply With Quote