Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Japan

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
ranransonikku

Any Cons in March between 15-25?

I'm going to Japan for the first time in 2013. I'm going to be there between March 15-25th and I was wondering if there were any conventions going on where I could cosplay? I know the International Anime Fair is going on but you can't cosplay at it for some reason.
____________.♥♫♥♫♥._-.♥♫♥♫. *
_____________.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. *
______-.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. *
_.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♥♫♥♫♥. * . *
______-.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. * . * . * ..
___________.♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥♫♥. * . * . * ..
____________.♥♫♥♫♥._-.♫♥♫♥. * . *. * . * ..
____________.♫♥♫♥.______-.♥♫♥. * .* ..
____________.♥♫♥.____________.♥. * . *.
_____________.♥
ranransonikku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Layla Evenstar

There aren't any cons that I know of, but at the end of March this year there was the Anime Contents Expo. Although, it doesn't look like it has been decided if there will be another one next year as I can't find any details about it.

English website - http://www.animecontentsexpo.jp/english.html , but the Japanese site has much more information on it.

Failing that, you could go to a Japanese cosplay event, meet some other cosplayers and get some awesome photos!

FYI, there are very few cons throughout the year that you can cosplay at in Japan. The more common thing is to go to a cosplay event, which is a completely separate thing and not like how we do it outside Japan at all.
Layla Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Iwiwal
Still cosplaying in Japan

If you're staying in Tokyo, then there will most definitely be some sort of cosplay event going while you're visiting. You'll be most likely to find something that's cosplay only, and doesn't really have much else going on in the way of showcases and panels, but if you're in it for the act of dressing up and getting pictures, then there's no reason you can't enjoy yourself at a Japanese cosplay event, especially if you can be with/make some friends.

Unfortunately, you won't really be able to find much info on those sorts of events until a month or two before your trip. Japanese cosplay community websites have event calendars listing all upcoming nation-wide cosplay events, but I wouldn't expect them to have been updated this far in advance. Also, it's hard to navigate them unless you can read Japanese.

Bottom line. Yes, there will be events where you can cosplay in March, but you'll have to wait a few months before the info is out there. Hope you find one that suits your fancy!
Iwiwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
elisiss
Nora-Neko

http://nekote.com/cgi-ketto/r3.cgi?7313/03/17#hon
elisiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #5
Raiphin
compulsive problem solver

Does anyone(here, that is) usually go to the Tokyo International Anime Fair? I'm in Tokyo both the 23rd and 24th and and to go, but haven't ever been to a convention NEARLY that size(though I have been to see Big Sight on its own) and am kind of intimidated. Is it worth it? Is it fun? Is it hard to buy things?
My japanese is...not awesome--I understand a medium amount but can only read hiragana and katakana which is pretty limiting if I'm by myself.

thanks for any info!

Current Costumes:
Hamyuts Meseta 80% complete
Rise Kujikawa 15% complete
Card Captor Sakura 90% complete
Kyubey with Big Book of Contracts
Raiphin is offline   Reply With Quote