Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 02-24-2005, 02:50 PM   #1
Evolution

Post Zone of the Enders Cosplay assistance!!!

I've been a fan of ZOE for forever and a half...the video games, Idolo and the Dolores, I series are all favorites of mine, and now I want to try to execute an Orbital Frame Cosplay...

Ummm, a little assistance would be MUCHO appreciated...I've gotten hints about polystyrene, craft foam and cardboard, but I have no idea how to put it all together...

Jehuty, Anubis, Idolo or even Dolores or any of the other Orbital Frames would be viable options...any help on any??? Thanks MUCHO!!!

Unread 04-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #2
nikey456

Talking some help maybe

if you are into investing a lot of money into it i would suggest buying a vaccuform 3D printer and make the costume pieces in a 3D art program if you dont wanna buy one of those simply make a handmade vaccuform machine and make some molds for it. i hope that helped

nikey456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Celyddon
Co-Host of CosPod

Do you by chance have reference pictures? That would be most helpful.
Celyddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 05:05 AM   #4
Jyuuk

First of all, direction. Is there any particular Orbital Frame that you wish to pull of or does it truly not matter. Second of all, if you are going to do anything for the feet then might I suggest roller blades. That would help simulate the feet at best since the frames have no actual feet. Third, for whatever orbital frame you wish to make, I would suppose you need cloth beneath the armor to suffice for some of the joints of the frame. Otherwise, proper material or at least the right coating of paint (I suppose) could give your frame the look that is likely to acquire the frame. However, I do not know which one that would be specifically. And might I suggest that, if you do take it into consideration, figure which frame is best for your body type, if you are going for accuracy.
Jyuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #5
SachielZERO

I know this thread is a few years old, but since I just finished Nephtis I thought I might be able to give some advice to anyone else wanting to try an Orbital Frame. First, I disagree with the roller blade idea. It's going to be difficult enough to see and keep your balance without trying to do it on wheels. My suggestion is to use clear high heels for the feet. With a little practice you'll be able to balance just fine in them and better yet you'll be on stable ground insted of any kind of wheel or stilt. I would also suggest making the costume as light as possible. Stay away from heavy materials such as vacuform plastic or fiberglass. This will make it that much easier to balance on those narrow heels. Mine was primarily made of cardboard covered with vinyl. It was ultra-light and still looked pretty accurate. Hope this helps!
SachielZERO is offline   Reply With Quote