Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Unread 09-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #61
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa07 View Post
I was severely ticked off about line management this year. Severely. There is no way, any con, at this point in time, should be juvenile enough to think that pre-reg and walk-ups should even be put in any sort of line together. I waited an hour and a half to get my little wrist-band. Yes, it's a newer con, but there are enough conventions out there, at this point, off of which to base an organsation model, especially for something so crucial as badge pick up.
Wow, I'm just reading up on their FB page and many people are also pointing out the same thing. Makes me feel glad that I didn't go this year. Hopefully this will be a huge lesson for the organizers to learn.
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013
Anime Expo 2006-2011
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present

Last edited by El_Duque : 09-16-2012 at 12:47 AM.
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #62
xl Zteven
Stand and fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
Wow, I'm just reading up on their FB page and many people are also pointing out the same thing. Makes me feel glad that I didn't go this year. Hopefully this will be a huge lesson for management to learn.
I got lucky because the lady gave me a free ticket because I was in the wrong line. o.e.

Anime Expo 2014

Current cosplay:

Fox McCloud
xl Zteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #63
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
I was severely ticked off about line management this year. Severely. There is no way, any con, at this point in time, should be juvenile enough to think that pre-reg and walk-ups should even be put in any sort of line together. I waited an hour and a half to get my little wrist-band. Yes, it's a newer con, but there are enough conventions out there, at this point, off of which to base an organsation model, especially for something so crucial as badge pick up.
Yeah, I decided to wait until Sunday and just left Saturday alone. I'm pissed because I paid for 2 days, but I will get over it. I'm just surprised that they would dare slap Stan Lee on the convention and not have the line process set up. Lol. They'd better get it under control, especially with the name attached. I'm going to be shocked if they do not split the line up tomorrow. They better think about maybe having a day 0 like AX to get badges and go from their.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #64
Access

Quote:
Yeah my whole group was like "what the hell". Even though we've never run anything, it ought to be just be common sense... plus if you don't give anyone a reason to pre-reg (other than a slight discount), next year nobody will.

I think we ended up waiting around an hour to an hour and a half in that line... once it actually started to move (quickly), it wasn't that bad. But when we got to the end, they had someone who would quickly collect the barcode printout, hand us a wristband, and that was it. Whole process took maybe, 2 seconds? No scanning the barcode, no checking ID, nothing like that. I think if you didn't pre-reg, there was another line to wait in once you got inside, no idea how long that would have taken.

I'm starting to post the photos here:
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/233144/
will post them on facebook and the other places once I've gone through them all.
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #65
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Is it true they had to actually turn people away when the hall got full?
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013
Anime Expo 2006-2011
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-present
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #66
stiffkick80
Ooooh Yeah! *thrust*

Yeah, line management sucked on Saturday. Me and my wife and our little cousins we brought with us stood in a giant line we didn't even need to be in. Last year was so easy, short little line, buy your ticket, boom. This year there were tons more people but less organized. Today, Sunday, though, was fine, I got there a bit late (1:30ish) but there wasn't any line I could see, no problems, a lot less people, a lot less cosplayers. Ended up wearing Duffman both days since it got such a good response Saturday.

I'm sure I saw/met a few of you at the con, so, thanks for saying hi if you did.
stiffkick80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #67
Candice Marisa
CandiceMarisa

Hi guys, I was the short female Link (with shield and sword and sometimes Link backpack) both days. If you have photos of/with me I'd like a link to them! Private message, please. Also, I took a few pics of cosplayers too. Saturday and Sunday. Album is here. PLEASE TAG THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW so they can claim their photos
facebook.com/ candicemarisaofficial
or
http://www.facebook.com/candicemaris.../photos?ref=ts
If this isn't the appropriate place to post this then UH SORRY but i don't see anywhere else. x
WonderCon
AM2
Anime Expo
InvaderCon
Comikaze 2012
YaoiCon
Pacific Media Expo
Candice Marisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #68
StarBreaker

Yay Comikaze :)

I too Have a fun album with lots of fun pics, i would absolutely LOVE if you guys tagged yourselves, all of your cosplay was fabulous! there are a few there that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get in contact with, you were all epic peoples. More fun times soon <3

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...71466&type =3

<3

Edit, Not my personal album! But I'm patrick, message me =D
StarBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #69
AuroraHermione

Hello,
I was there as Rapunzel on Saturday (short wig until about 2PM when I changed into the long braid) and I also competed in the masquerade. If anyone has any pictures, I would greatly appreciate it if you could link or send them to me! I didn't get many yesterday. Thanks a bunch!

AuroraHermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 04:02 AM   #70
katx
Azu-nyan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffkick80 View Post
I'm sure I saw/met a few of you at the con, so, thanks for saying hi if you did.
Saw you today (well... according to my clock, it's "yesterday")! =]

I didn't understand the lines/wristband system. The lines were extremely long on Saturday morning, which started at the south hall, snaked around aaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll the way outside, and then snaked around some more from there.

We got in line, and right when were almost at the pick-up booth, a couple of ladies took our printed confirmation and gave us a regular yellow wristband. My friend made it to the booth itself and she got a gold one XD

I understand that the wristband process was created to avoid sharing/transferring wristbands, but I don't understand how we're expected to wear it the following day when most people have to cut it at the end of the day.
katx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #71
graciela15

Hey guys I had a great time and although I couldn't talk to most (or even take a picture) of you guys, you all helped make this Comikaze, which was also my birthday *partys* spectacular!!!! anyway if any of you have pictures of my Ice Queen cosplay I would really appreate it if you send them my way
graciela15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #72
DTJAAAAM

Loved it, can't wait to go again next year! Here's my collection of nearly 300 cosplay photos from Saturday:

Comikaze Expo 2012 - Saturday

I'll post again once Sunday's gallery is up.
Unread 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #73
Wren
Please...try harder.

Glad we got there a little later in the day then, our line was maybe 30 minutes for reg, though I dont see why we even waited that long. A lady that worked for the con was just standing there, taking reg papers and handing out wristbands. They should have just done that from the start and the line would have moved wayyyyy faster

But I had a lot of fun at this con, everything was so spread out, it was really pleasant to walk around in costume, no giant bottlenecks or swarms of people.

Would go again

2013 Cosplay Plans(Tentative)
[Marvel vs Capcom 3/Resident Evil 5] Wesker
[DC Comics] Kyle Rainer - Green Lantern
[Marvel Comics] Dr. Strange
Wren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #74
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Sunday was so much better! I regret not wearing my Revanche cosplay! :/ but I still had fun.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #75
darklynx
Drunken scottish cyclops

Here are the photos I took. Feel free to tag people you know.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...79102&type= 1

I said never again, but I'm still around....
darklynx is offline   Reply With Quote