Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 09-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #1
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

People needed for Hotel Room

Hi guys! Uh I'm not sure if this thread belongs here, but I'll give it a shot and move it if needed. 8D

So my friend and I have a room at the convention center, but we need two more people to fill it. (cut cost and all that) The room is in her name, so I'll have to get the details from her if you have questions, but she doesn't have a cosplay.com account so I had to make the thread. We plan to leave for the con on Thursday to get our badges.

This is also kinda our birthday party. My birthday is on Sunday of the con and hers is in December, but she can't have a party then because of her classes. So anyone who wants to party at our room is welcome. No alcohol or drugs allowed please, I'm a minor and she doesn't drink or condone drugs.

You can bring us a present if you wish, but you don't have too. Just being at the con is a present in and of itself.

Cake is probably gonna be rainbow layer cake. (AKA white cake with food-coloring) and I'm going to TRY to get it professionally done so that it has a page from a yaoi doujin on top. 83 gotta love a good yaoi cake.

We would like it if you could get your own ride to the convention center. Normally we would LOVE to give you guys rides, but this year the van is elsewhere so we only have a tiny little Corola to squeeze into.

the cost if we get two people is $135 I KNOW, I KNOW it's a lot, but the room itself is $525 and is actually AT the convention center so you don't have to walk.

EDIT:

okay, so here's the list so far

Me
Katie (room is in her name)
Barbara (not going)
Sam (not going)
John (is going)
Jkid (assumed forfeit)
BetrThanSeguchi (is going)
lulu.doll (if all else fails, she and her friend will be there)

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012

Last edited by fuzzykitty_01 : 10-14-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: new information
fuzzykitty_01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #2
Jkid
Cosplaying Photographer

Put me on the list, I'm interested. For some reason the hotel block got full again.
Unread 09-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

8D OKAY! so we have you, and one tentative.

You're cool for the money, right? 8D Cuz I don't wanna have hotel drama at my birthday con if I can avoid it. x.x

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 09-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
BetrThanSeguchi

If your tentative falls through let me know. I'm an elder (in my twenties). No drama. And... I <3 yaoi cake.

Also, even if not I have a raver question based on your picture. I thought about doing that sometime but, I'm so new to even knowing it exists that I have a billion questions about it. Let me sponge off your knowledge base!
BetrThanSeguchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

Although I already have a room, but Yaoi cake sounds good to me Is it homemade or are you getting it from a professional bakery where they have butter cream icing?

FB PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucida...95949270449154
Lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucida View Post
Although I already have a room, but Yaoi cake sounds good to me Is it homemade or are you getting it from a professional bakery where they have butter cream icing?
I'm getting it professionally done. 8D I was gonna have the borders done in multicolored roses and then have the center have a random page from a yaoi doujin. (unless you have any suggestions otherwise? I haven't decided completely yet. XD)

and the insides of course will be rainbow. XDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetrThanSeguchi View Post
If your tentative falls through let me know. I'm an elder (in my twenties). No drama. And... I <3 yaoi cake.

Also, even if not I have a raver question based on your picture. I thought about doing that sometime but, I'm so new to even knowing it exists that I have a billion questions about it. Let me sponge off your knowledge base!
Alrighty~ I'll put you down as tentative #2. 8D

Do you have any SPECIFIC questions about raver life? 'cuz I'm kinda a greenhorn raver myself. I do go to raves, I have an outfit, but I don't really do the lifestyle. XD; I could hook you up with my homie, whom I refer to RAVE!Riku, if he feels like it. 8D

Just so everyone knows, the party is free for all. xD So anyone who decides they want cake can just come into my room and have a piece (If any's left. xD) I also got a recipe for peppermint chocolate bars! So they might make an appearance as well as razz berry cheesecake brownies. 8D and Oreo Cheesecake cookies. Yum. (Can anyone tell I like Cheesecake yet? lol) And whatever else my friend wants to bring.

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #7
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzykitty_01 View Post
I'm getting it professionally done. 8D I was gonna have the borders done in multicolored roses and then have the center have a random page from a yaoi doujin. (unless you have any suggestions otherwise? I haven't decided completely yet. XD)

and the insides of course will be rainbow. XDD
What is your favorite yaoi pairings? I can try to make a suggestion if our favorite matches. But that sounds great since I love cheesecake flavor stuff!! What kind of Icing will you get?

I can try to make it up there if I'm not too busy like last year XD.

Unread 09-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #8
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

well right now I'm on a Thorki fix. XD; (not really anime, but damn if they aren't sexy.) But I don't have any doujins of them. (sadface) But I GUESS I could find some random fanart to put on the cake as well.

If that's no one's cup o' tea, I could do GokuxVegeta from DBZ, CloudxSephiroth from FFVII, or any other 'safe ship.' (also known as 'ships that everyone likes if not tolerates')

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #9
lulu.doll

Heyy my friend and I are interested!! If the other three people fall through, we'd love to latch along, lol.
if by some miraculous chance that the other ppl gal through, is it 135$ total or 135$ per night? Ty!!
lulu.doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu.doll View Post
Heyy my friend and I are interested!! If the other three people fall through, we'd love to latch along, lol.
if by some miraculous chance that the other ppl gal through, is it 135$ total or 135$ per night? Ty!!
it's $135 total. don't worry, we wouldn't make you pay $405 for the whole con. xD and alrighty, tentatives 3-4 you are. XD *adds to list*

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 09-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

you don't have to pay $135 anymore~ you just have to pay $128 for the whole con~

the reason this is, is because Katie misread the cost of the whole hotel, so when she thought it was $525 it was really $511. derp.

So yay! It's now cheaper to stay. 8D

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:29 PM   #12
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

Jkid! I need you to give me your full name for the hotel room. Please PM me ASAP or I will assume you're forfeiting your place in the room.

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 10-14-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

Okay so Jkid isn't responding to my PMs so I'm gonna assume he's forfeiting the room.

So the next available person is BetrThanSeguchi! Come PM me your full name for the Hotel List, Seguchi!

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012
Unread 10-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #14
Lucida
Ringmaster from Hell

Since we all get different hotel room, how will you let everyone know where the party is at? o_0

Unread 10-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #15
fuzzykitty_01
awsome one of awsomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucida View Post
Since we all get different hotel room, how will you let everyone know where the party is at? o_0
I'll probably put a sign out in front of the door. Or just send a mass text with the room number. If anyone really really wants to get a text with the room number, they can PM me their number. Still gonna put a sign out for stragglers. XD

Is that allowed? Like putting signs up on hotel doors?

NEXT CON:
AnimeUSA 2012