Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 11-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #1
Xindra

Wig Review: Purple Plum/Anime Stuff Store

Name of Product: 12" Short Flare Cut Light Yellow
11" Short Straight Layered Gray
Same as above but in black

Where Purchased: At their booth at Kollision Con. Website is Anime Stuff Store

Product Description: Wig one- Golden blonde shoulder length. Lots of flippy layers. Not for any particular cosplay, just thought it was pretty. Forgot the name of the fibers, but it was one I hadn't heard of before.

Wig two- Layed silver wig. A teeny bit shorter than the first. Bought for Riku from Kingdom Hearts

Wig three- Wig two in black.

Pros: Mixed colors. The blonde is a mix of cream and gold, black has a few dark brown strands, silver has some white and darker silver bits.

Realistic look and feel

Super soft

They don't tangle

Heat style-able

Very nice prices

The sales people were very sweet and helpful

Medium thickness

They have a really cool at con deal. 2 wigs= 5 dollars off. 3= 10 off. 4= get a fifth free

Cons: More expensive at the con than online by about 2 dollars each

No skin tops

Overall Rating: 10

I'm really happy with these wigs. The black and silver are my girlfriend's and she's in love. The blonde is the first blonde wig to look good on me (naturally a brunette with black eyebrows). Have some pictures.Sorry for the terrible lighting.

Front
Side
Back
Xindra is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-21-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
Convulsive
My name is Kan

I too own a wig from here and I must say that this is the best place to buy simple wigs because of these factors:
1) thickness and soft to the touch
2) based in america=fast shipping
3) cheap
Very rarely do you find the three of these together. Another con is they don't have a very wide variety of wigs to choose from...

UP NEXT
Meenah Peixes
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #3
Xindra

That's true. Good for bases though. Or just for run around everyday type things. I plan to get my Sora there.
Xindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #4
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

Wow. Thanks for posting this. That wig is beautiful. I'm going to go check them out. ^^
~Borderlands 2: Buzzaxe (Slowly getting there)

Fixing:
~Taokaka~ ~Skyrim Mage~

Cosplay Tumblr
DeviantArt
ShadowDrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
lazymess

Anyone know how fast the shipping for this is?
lazymess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #6
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Wow, I had no clue this site existed until now, they have some really pretty multicolor wigs and a dark purple wig I think could work for one of my future cosplays!

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

I just bought 2 wigs from them Friday night and received them today!
2-3 shipping days

My first time ordering from them and I love the fast shipping, the wig fibers, and the prices--- definitely returning to this store!

Photo of wigs: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...ybqdo1_400.png
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Suiseiseki0284
Michu

How would you say the size of the wig caps are? Are they tight/made for smaller heads, or are they on the larger side?
Unread 08-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Rurouni-Idoru

I just bought a ridiculous rainbow wig from here, and it's definitely bigger than most of the Asian-made wigs from Ebay and what have you. I have a fairly small head, fwiw, but this is one of the only wigs I've ever bought from anywhere besides Arda that I had to tighten the straps in the back on for a good fit. It's a bit shiny, but in a Shampoo Commercial sort of way, not a Cheap Halloween Wig kind of way. It's super soft and manageable, too; I can't stop playing with it. I forsee a lot more impulse wig buys from this site in my future.
Rurouni-Idoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
GunKatCosplay
GunKatCosplay

I actually won one of the free wigs from them on their Facebook page and dear lord it is one of the best wigs ever. It is very soft and the curls didn't get tangled very much after wearing it all night and I was practically running all over the place.
GunKatCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #11
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiseiseki0284 View Post
How would you say the size of the wig caps are? Are they tight/made for smaller heads, or are they on the larger side?
I think it fits on the smaller heads. If comparing to another notable US wig companies like ArdaWigs who's known to have larger wig sizes, Purple Plum Inc was more fitting on my head than ArdaWigs'.

Here's a photo of my trying one of their wigs:

For my Rukia cosplay and I love it to bits!
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
violetlights
Pokemon Master

Does anyone have pictures of their 11" Short Layered wig (Which is apparently now called "Yuki"? I guess they started naming their wigs recently)? It looks so awesome but I'm afraid it might be slightly long for the cosplay I'm doing.

They have some really cool wigs for really good prices, I'm definitely buying from here now!
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #13
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

I just bought two wigs from them.

They are relatively thick. I specifically bought from them so I could have a thinner wig. They're nothing like Arda, but they're still very good and the prices are amazing.

However: they are nearly impossible to style. I have tried and tried, with boiling hot water, curling irons, etc to curl a straight wit and doesn't curl at all. I've also heard from several other people that they couldn't straighten their curly wigs or curl their straight wigs. They're also a bit static-y unless you treat them.

8/10. I will be buying from them again; but I now know I can't style them.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #14
violetlights
Pokemon Master

I bought one of their wigs last month and I love it so much! (Here's a link to it, it's their "Yuki" wig in Snow White) I actually think it's better than my Arda wig, it hardly tangles at all! I only have two small issues with it; first, it's a bit thin on top. The bottom is nice and thick, but If you don't smooth your hair right on top you can see the cap. And second, like KnightJeran said, they aren't good for curling or spiking at all. If your character's hair would require styling, I suggest going to epiccosplay for that. ^.^

Another plus is that their wigs are SUPER soft! On the car ride to the convention I kept feeling things on the back of my head; turns out that my friend couldn't stop petting me xD

Definitely buying more wigs from them; I already have a bunch picked out and on my birthday wish list c:

~Otakon 2014 Lineup~
Vaporeon Gijinka (Pokemon), May (Pokemon), Agnes (Bravely Default), Mairu (Durarara!!), Kou (Free!), Levy (Fairy Tail)

Last edited by violetlights : 06-28-2013 at 05:07 PM.
violetlights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Someone recommended me one of their wigs and so I checked them out and saw a couple wigs that could work for me, so good to know they're reliable. I was also thinking of buying a couple of stuff from their merchandise store as well because I saw something I liked.

Scarlet Witch (Avengers 2) - Finished!
Black Widow (Captain America 2) - In progress
Winter Soldier (Captain America 2) - On hold

Others:
Black Widow (civilian alternate) - In progress, 20%
Black Widow (civilian alternate #2) - On hold
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote