Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1169 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 09-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #54586
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Went to Joanns and the thrift store nearby. I ended up buying fabric for Pascal's scarf and a very pretty pink jacquard fabric for the bottom tier of Ophelia's skirt. They also had a nice red one but I'm going to hold off on that until I look around online since I need to find a pretty checkered-like one online too.

At the thrift store, I ended up coming back empty handed. There was a sweatshirt that was the right color for Kyoko but it was a size 2L. I could have altered it but I think I want to look for something my size first. Plus, since I wear sweatshirts normally, I could always buy a new one and just wear it whenever.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #54587
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Yesterday I went shopping to look for a headband, diamond shaped rhinestones, fabric for my Toshiya kimono, a specific brand of paint, and opaque black stockings.

I came home with enormous fist-sized pompoms, two headbands, and black knee socks. I... need to get better at shopping. Or something. None of the stores I went to had anything I needed. D: Even Joanns didn't have the fabric I was after! It's just Kona Cotton!

The pompoms are sooo cute and fluffy! I am totally making some Anthonies to carry around as Homura.

And after spending the day shopping in more or less full Homura gear, I've ascertained that the costume is pretty comfortable. I've also figured out a way to stop the collar from throttling me so I don't have to try and alter it to be larger! Which is good, because actually the collar was super well made and I'm not sure I could put it back together properly if I took it apart. o:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #54588
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
I came home with enormous fist-sized pompoms, two headbands, and black knee socks. I... need to get better at shopping. Or something. None of the stores I went to had anything I needed. D: Even Joanns didn't have the fabric I was after! It's just Kona Cotton!

The pompoms are sooo cute and fluffy! I am totally making some Anthonies to carry around as Homura.
That would be awesome! I want to see pics when you finish them! ^_^

Bought the braid bun for Saber from Arda. Although the sale did not really help since I was buying a small thing, at least I got a dollar off that I could spend elsewhere.

Quote:

Unread 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #54589
Chibi_Miyuki

Debating if my nephew's toy water gun would work for a Haru(Tsuritama) cosplay. It's similar to the one he has in the anime, but Idk if I like the thickness of the plastic. I might look for something more transparent and see if if I can fins anything better.
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #54590
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
That would be awesome! I want to see pics when you finish them! ^_^

Bought the braid bun for Saber from Arda. Although the sale did not really help since I was buying a small thing, at least I got a dollar off that I could spend elsewhere.
Baaaaw, these pompoms are so cuddly. xD Here's a picture for size reference~

A dollar saved now is a dollar for something you'll need tomorrow. o: It's cosplay, you'll totally need it.
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #54591
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Going to finish the bias tape on my Kohaku vest tonight, and I can order my Duke and Faust wigs from Arda when my dad gets home

I just hope this wig will actually be able to work for Faust, since the last one I bought did not, and I REALLY don't feel like buying a third short blonde wig in an attempt at Faust's hair.
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #54592
SA2R
King of the Skies

And here I am again~ Been looking around ebay for about 2 hours now, trying to figure out what kind of jump rings I need ;; Why does there have to be SO MANY colors, sizes and metals ;A;?!?

Link - Hyrule Warriors
Tomoe - Kamisama kiss
Sebastian - Book of Circus
Snake - Book of Circus
Wen Yang - Dynasty warriors

( ´ ▽ ` )v

SA2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 04:04 PM   #54593
booklover67

omg. i am seriously going to nycc!! now to get together a cosplay in time =D

also, i definitely think that the universe approves of this because of the 30% sale for 6hrs last night on wigs =D I saw it with plenty of time and got the wig I need for the cosplay I'm going to do!!

For the Future:
Akari Mizunashi from ARIA
Yuuko from xxxHolic (duct tape)
Erza Scarlet (Heaven's Wheel Armour) from Fairy Tail
D from Vampire Hunter D (very far future...)
booklover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #54594
Wolfmeisterrr

Looking for ear clamps! Annnnnd glad 1/3 of my costumes is 95% complete!
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #54595
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Baaaaw, these pompoms are so cuddly. xD Here's a picture for size reference~

A dollar saved now is a dollar for something you'll need tomorrow. o: It's cosplay, you'll totally need it.
Woah! They are huge! And so FLUFFYYYYYY! XD And true. Ever dollar counts in cosplay!

I ended up spending some time looking for necklaces with those circle rings to find one I could use for Saber. I found this one that I could tear apart and make a new necklace out of that. I don't know if the circles are too thin and they were warp when I tear the rings off. I'm a bit annoyed that when I actually need a necklace like this, they seemed to all disappear from the stores near me.

Quote:

Unread 09-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #54596
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Arda always has sales right after I buy from them.

...conspiracy...

Next con: SacAnime Winter (Sacramento, CA)

What am I working on? Check my avatar!
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #54597
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Discovered I can wriggle in and out of my Kohaku vest without unbuttoning it. This is good, I don't have to cut the overlapping trim I did.

It's easier to get into than out of though, but I think it'll be easier when I have binding on XD
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Brokkenbroll-Un Lun Dun, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #54598
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Sorry for the double post, but this needed to be separate from my previous post.

I think the universe is telling me not to cosplay Faust VIII. I went to order my wig from Arda during their sale. I had to wait until my dad got home and had some time to relax, and when we went on the website, the wig I was going to get for Faust had sold out already, and they just restocked this week DX DX DX

Between this and the fact that I bought a wig for Faust before that just proved un-spikeable...It's really disheartening. Especially since I've been reading a ton of Shaman King lately to psych myself up for getting my Faust wig I know it seems silly to be this upset over an out-of-stock wig (or so my dad says) but I'm really upset.
Unread 09-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #54599
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
Sorry for the double post, but this needed to be separate from my previous post.

I think the universe is telling me not to cosplay Faust VIII. I went to order my wig from Arda during their sale. I had to wait until my dad got home and had some time to relax, and when we went on the website, the wig I was going to get for Faust had sold out already, and they just restocked this week DX DX DX

Between this and the fact that I bought a wig for Faust before that just proved un-spikeable...It's really disheartening. Especially since I've been reading a ton of Shaman King lately to psych myself up for getting my Faust wig I know it seems silly to be this upset over an out-of-stock wig (or so my dad says) but I'm really upset.
Ahh D: I hate when life tries to send signals like that q-q Don't worry, if it's really meant to be, something will fall into place! (This sounds like I'm giving you relationship advice...well, basically, cosplay is one of the cruelest lovers you can have...)

On my end, I am excited. I didn't realize how easily I can cosplay from Persona 3 now that I have a fake gun to mold into an Evoker. Though I still need to ask gf about the cosplays we were going to do together...since I'm not sure if I can buy her Lizzie wig for her or not. I hope I can somehow, that's a couple cosplay I've always (secretly) wanted to do. And then Garry would be nice, once I find someone to make the coat for me, though I dunno if she's still doing Ib or not. Then there's still Aoki, and now I'm really fond of IA's design...
TOO MANY COSPLAYS, SO LITTLE EVERYTHING QnQ
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #54600
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Just started watching Eden of the East again and now I really wanna cosplay as Saki! Should be fairly simple. I'm sure I can find most of her clothes in a thrift store x3 Thrift store here I come!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 95%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Lolita!Mikasa -AoT 25%
Hinata Hyuga - Naruto 10%
Yin - Darker than Black 35%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia