Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-12-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
MissRedfield
Lightning

Doubts about an outfit?

So I have never cosplayed before but I am now going to try my first convention as Lightning from FF13. I'm still waiting on items etc, but I have the costume and its good and fits. But I am just a bit worried that I won't look nice in it. I'm taller than the character (I think she is 5ft 7 and I'm 5ft 10) and I'm slim but she is majorly skinny.

I do want to wear an outfit to the con next year and since I've invested so much money into this one, I simply can't afford a different one but I have doubts. I'm not sure if other people have doubts about outfits they have bought or if I'm part of a minority here.

Possible future cosplays:
Quistis Trepe - Final Fantasy VIII
Amy Pond - Doctor Who
MissRedfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #2
smoreface

Oh yea. Have that all the time (whether or not it'll look good...not matching the characters hiegh/weight/skin doesn't bother me.)

But if it fits and looks good on you...why care?
I mean, you're only a few inches off and not many people are going to go around and say "VAT ESS DESS? YEW ARE TOO TALL/TOO SHORT FAWR ZAT CHARACTAR!"
Unread 11-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
uzuki54

I don't see the height being an issue unless you're cosplaying with others from the same game. It would only look weird if say you have a Lightening taller than say Snow. Or shorter than Hope. Just as an example.
uzuki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoreface View Post
But if it fits and looks good on you...why care?
I mean, you're only a few inches off and not many people are going to go around and say "VAT ESS DESS? YEW ARE TOO TALL/TOO SHORT FAWR ZAT CHARACTAR!"
This (also their message in quotes is funny, I just imagined someone saying it exactly like that and it made me lol)

But since you only seem to be a couple inches off, I think almost no one is going to notice the height difference. As long as the other people in your group (if you have one) are the correct sizes in relation to eachother (ex: Sebastian being shorter than Ciel looks really weird... so you could have a really short Sebastian, but the Ciel should be even shorter in order for it to work well) then everything should be fine. I am sure the costume is going to look great on you. I'd say just go for it and cosplay, don't worry about it

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
sleeplessknight

Dude. Animazement 2011 I was Hope from XIII and the Lightning, Vanille, and Fang that were with me at the photoshoot were ALL shorter than me. It's no big deal, unless you're an elitest. But yeah, I have doubts all the time. The only shape I'm in is round, but I don't let that stop me from cosplaying my favorite characters. The only one I will not do is Rikku from X-2 in her Thief dressphere. And that's more for personal reasons than a weight issue.
sleeplessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
Dude. Animazement 2011 I was Hope from XIII and the Lightning, Vanille, and Fang that were with me at the photoshoot were ALL shorter than me. It's no big deal, unless you're an elitest. But yeah, I have doubts all the time. The only shape I'm in is round, but I don't let that stop me from cosplaying my favorite characters. The only one I will not do is Rikku from X-2 in her Thief dressphere. And that's more for personal reasons than a weight issue.
Dude...This threads also a year old..Please don't bump them..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Alice (Hearts no Kuni no Alice)
-Black&Blue Loli-style Dark Magical Girl O.C.
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Dream cosplays for now:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote