Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 08-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I'm having trouble finding some contact lens for the Disgaea Thief (orange cat's eye)

I'm having some trouble finding orange cat's eye patterned contact lenses for my Thief (The character in the portrait to the left of the text box here). I used some cheap ones for a makeup test a while back, but they were quite uncomfortable and obscured my vision at the edges.

I've been looking at circle lenses (since they shouldn't obscure my pupil), but I can't seem to find any orange ones with a cats eye pattern (orange lens without a slit pupil might work, but I'd rather find a pair with them if I can, although orange lens seem quite hard to come by as well).

EDIT: The cheap contact lens in question were "Orange Cat Eye Lens" manufactured by "Funky Eyes".

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by Bisected8 : 08-11-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...nses221156.cfm or http://www.FourEyez.com/online-shop/...nses-pair.html

Hope this helps

Sorry that they are UK sites

Working on
Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn)
Tsunade (Naruto)

Last edited by Rangiku12 : 08-11-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Them being in the UK won't be a problem for me. =P

The first link appears to be the same lens I mentioned in the OP though (which were uncomfortable and blocked my pupils): http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

I don't know if the second one would be any different (they're sold by another brand, but they look almost identical, which leads me to suspect they might be manufactured by the same company and supplied to multiple brands).

Unread 08-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Ah Okies sorry

Working on
Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn (Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn)
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

I still haven't been able to find any other orange cat's eye lenses (in fact sold orange contacts seem thin on the ground as well). I don't suppose anyone else has some suggestions?

Unread 09-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Akune-chan

Sadly, those are probably your best bet when coming close to Orange Cat contact lenses for a decent price. :[
Unread 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Sadly, those are probably your best bet when coming close to Orange Cat contact lenses for a decent price. :[
I've began to think that...

I don't suppose anyone knows of any orange circle lenses (if I can't get the pupil shape, I may as well see if I can make the orange more obvious)?

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
novaraven1

the amber ambition colour splash lenses from coastalcontacts.com look very orange. I have a pair and they are definitely not brown in any way. They're also super comfortable daily wear or weekly wear lenses, depending on what ones you order.
No cats eye pupil design tho. For that in an orange you need to go to a custom lens place like FXeyes.com and pay around 400$ for a hand painted pattern. I think you were lucky to find the first pair in an orange colour, it's not something I've ever come across or would expect they have. I usually only see red, yellow, green and rarely blue or purple cats eye ones from the cheaper mass produced companies.
The mass produced ones are uncomfortable because they are made of a thicker "harder" material than daily wear lenses which allows them to be more opaque and solid with their colour and have smaller iris holes so nothing shows through from your original eye colour. Even the expensive custom painted ones are usually of the harder lens type and just as uncomfortable and restricting of your vision. I personally prefer the smaller iris hole since it hides my original eye colour better, even when i shop for cheaper circle lenses I look for designs with this smaller iris hole feature. You just have to get used to wearing them and follow the wear time directions carefully. "Hard" lenses usually should not be worn for more than six hours at a time because they let almost no oxygen in to your eyes.
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Akune-chan

Maybe you can use something like these.
Dragon contacts have a smaller pupil hole but they give a more deranged/cat/snake look.

http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...enses-pair.cfm
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...act-lenses.cfm
http://www.youknowit.com/online-shop...enses-pair.cfm

There aren't any pure orange ones though.
How ever the ones that have a red outside and a yellow inside should give the illusion of orange eyes.
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Those appear to be the same lenses I mentioned (same manufacturer) in the OP, just in a different colour. So I might as well get the cat ones rather than them. Thinking about it, it might be easier to get plain orange lens so I don't have to worry about them spinning....

Thanks for the suggestions, guys (I haven't found and plain orange circle lens, so it looks like I'll have to go for plain orange normal sized lens).