Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop > Vocaloid

Unread 08-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Darknakato

Going detail - Hatsune miku's sleeves

Woah, watch out, busy cosplayer-newbie buzzing round^^

After several weeks of yeahdunnoifIreallycangotothecon ( yes, no, maybe, I don't know..)
it looks like I would make it to the con.
Buuut I have to speed up pretty much, since the tops of hatsune and zatsune are still not done.
However, I looked at some photos from finished HMs and found out, that I spend way too much time fondling around with the seriously strange cut of Hatsune Miku's shirt-armholes ( in the drawings, they are cut diagonaly from the pit to the collar, but who cares, most people, as I saw, make them just like a normal sleeveless-cut. end).
For I now know how to make it easier, I still need some details.
On the sleeves and the skirt of Hatsune, there is some kind of pattern, looking like a controll field. Bringing it onto the sleeves ain't the problem ( I don't know how it's called, but there are that sheets you can iron onto fabric), but What does that pattern exactly look like?
Several cosplayers seem to have figured out where to get the pattern, since theirs look similiar.
So someone mind sharing ?

eek, I gotta get doing something.. At least the wigs I ordered came in time. ( 10-25 days shipping, I expected them to arrive just when the con would have been over^^)
Darknakato is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-25-2010, 08:06 AM   #2
Patches
she killed a man

Found this with a quick search

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/a...ku-ArmBand.jpg

I'm not a Vocaloid person, so I dunno if this is the most accurate one, but it looks pretty darn close to me!
Unread 08-25-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
Darknakato

*passing over a basket of cookies* Thanks^^
If it weren't for the detail, I'd spare that out, but the Vocaloid costumes do not have - or at least I think - much detail on the plain outfit.
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:36 AM   #4
Patches
she killed a man

Yeah that little detail can make or break a Miku. Good luck!
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Darknakato

Well, thanks^^
As I am currently working on both Hatsune ( my younger sister.... bet she looks cute xD) and Zatsune ( mhh... I guess it's my costume) , I had to look through and on some reference pictures. Even if there are things that can be kind of done otherwise ( sorry, but where on earth do I get overknee boots?!!! no way, honestly... what do i do with them afterwards...) , several things have do be done as they appear in the concept or the char looks wrong.
With hatsune, I had some worries about the colour, but unless you take some sort of blue-green ( not blue and not green) , you can't miss the point^^

Funny however, Zatsune does not seem to have those details. But she has puff-sleeves >.>
Guess she is supposed to look more elegant ....
Unread 08-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #6
jianna
DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS

For overknee boots, many people just do shoes with thigh-high socks, but to make them look more whole, you can actually put the shoe inside the sock, and then recreate a sole with something strong.

Also, there's always good old fashioned boot covers, that you can make however you want. There's lots of different tutorials online, although I have no idea if any are particularly better than any others, since it's not something I've ever done.

Now on DeviantArt!
jianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Harley_Quinn

The Sleeves are amazing if they light up, I had to order Pieces from hong kong China, I found on ebay that CocoHk Does light up sleeves after I put hard work into mine *cries* I got the same image and Printed it onto light very see through paper. Then Put in some electric bits inside, and Sauntered the pieces together. after all that I Laminated them and now they light up to sound. I'm going to try and make my top and skirt do it this year... But as Patches said every little detail is worth it in the end~ Best of Luck~ Oh! and try to find a miku wig that doesn't tangle because they do and it is near imposable to get the tangles out~
Harley_Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
DaemonForce
Unhealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_Quinn View Post
The Sleeves are amazing if they light up
I really love it when people make these. It's the mark of a talented costumer when you add in all the extras to make the costume amazing. Unfortunately, most of Miku's sleeves are just the same print stamped on the sleeve fabric and considered done when it's mass-manufactured. I have a good idea for an electronic implant for vocaloid costumes but it's a bit innovative and I should probably make it a secret project or something instead of talking about it here. I'm looking forward to all the amazing stuff though.
DaemonForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #9
but_staythere
mad as a hatter

If you buy a decent heat resistant wig, and a good few eBay stores sell wigs with hair falls similar to Miku's, then it won't tangle or will be EXTREMELY easy to untangle.
but_staythere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
moonymonster

Did any of you guys figure out where to get the trim for Miku's collar and shirt? I'm going crazy trying to find some solution x.x Please help me!