Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #46
snugglepanda

Recording my food really holds me accountable!
Try Myfitnesspal, it's free and it's an app you can put on your phone or you can just use the website.

I'm currently trying out Bodyrocktv workouts - free as well
& I do go to Planet Fitness a few times a week.

I'm going to be at Youmacon in Detroit, MI this November and I'm trying to at least lose a little and get more toned by then. ^___^
snugglepanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #47
vell
enoshima boooowl

♥ A paycheck is a pretty good motivator. I recently got a job at a gym, and I have to be active at work if I want to keep my job. Job = paycheck = money for costuming, cons, etc.! I have to do at least one class a week, but I attend as many classes as I can. I also work my way around the circuit and do some kickboxing in my downtime. So I'm working out and being social with the members, but I'm getting paid for it! :>

♥ I think about my current dream cosplay. He wears very little and he's quite fit. I'm not aiming for those abs of his, but having a flat tummy with just the slightest trace of muscle would be ideal for me. So picturing myself in that costume really helps me keep going during classes at the gym.

♥ I really do want to be healthy and fit. I've never really been overweight, and I don't fancy the thought of letting myself get out of shape. I like having more energy and I enjoy being active. I definitely consider my health and well-being to be a good chunk of my motivation.

♥ I'd say that music is a great way to get me going, along with audiobooks when I go for walks or jogs. When I'm on break or have a day off from work, I put on some good dancing music and have at it for an hour [or more, if I'm feeling especially energetic]. I don't just stand there and bounce a little, I have myself a dance party for one. >D It's fun and gets me pumped for the day. In fact, I think I'd be dancing right now if my father weren't in the room.

I know it's hard to stay motivated, but never give up! Keep your goals in mind, find a workout that you enjoy, and just give it your all. You're capable! o vo

♥ . ♥ . ♥

. upcoming conventions .

Fanime
Anime Expo [maybe]

. costumes in progress .

To be updated soon.
vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #48
wababex

Sometimes I think about someone I admire or the person I wanna cosplay as before I snack on something retarded and think:
"Would SO-AND-SO be eating this shit??? Hell no. They would think you were stupid v.v"
wababex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #49
sarg3_5laught3r

at this point, exercise is a drug to me. I don't do it and I feel like crap for the day.
Captain Jack Harkness - COMPLETE

Punisher - Marvel NOW! - 25%
sarg3_5laught3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #50
Cephas
ICXC NIKA

How I stay motivated for my project (I won't link it, but it's in this subforum):

--Post signs in my room that are hard to ignore: "I WANT TO BE KAMINA"; Foods to eat and avoid; a sign that shows a slogan that I am to 'shout' every morning (and a tally to keep track how many times I've done it).
--Tailor my YouTube viewing to be mostly fitness/inspirational/diet stuff.
---Subscribe to fitness/motivational channels I like.
---Rewatch videos AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

(suggested videos: Arnold Schwarzenegger Still Pumping, Will You Die A Failure Or a Winner?, and most importantly, Never, Ever Give Up. The only way that one will not motivate you is if you're dead).

--Absorb as much fitness/motivational books/inspirational stuff as possible, but also APPLY IT IMMEDIATELY! If some things are too hard, do the easy stuff first, and consistently. Suggested reading: jamesaltucher.com, The Science of Getting Rich, The Bible (don't get butthurt about my beliefs; do whatever the fuck you want to do!)
--(Kamina-specific): Be supremely overconfident and extremely enthusiastic at all times. Cultivate an inner frame that makes you believe you are the greatest manly man wherever you go and ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
Cephas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #51
rc7771

This will sound really cheesy, but after my costume got me a photo with stephen amell at NYCC, I'm remember that and think "Damn, I want to be fit like him, or at least, as fit as I can be".
rc7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #52
sarg3_5laught3r

when i put on one of my old shirts and ripped it right down the back... yeah that was a total motivator.
Captain Jack Harkness - COMPLETE

Punisher - Marvel NOW! - 25%
sarg3_5laught3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #53
Narutokris
Dattebayo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglepanda View Post
Recording my food really holds me accountable!
Try Myfitnesspal, it's free and it's an app you can put on your phone or you can just use the website.

I'm currently trying out Bodyrocktv workouts - free as well
& I do go to Planet Fitness a few times a week.

I'm going to be at Youmacon in Detroit, MI this November and I'm trying to at least lose a little and get more toned by then. ^___^
That app is very good. Helps me out, when I remember to use it -_-

My motivation comes from my LOVE for the show Naruto. I love his character and the way he carries himself with the "if theres a will, there's a way" slogan over his head all the time. never gives up, no matter the cost, even death, even if it's something stupid. I just remember "if there's a will, there's a way", "if you want it, take it",

I also think the show is SO EPIC and the music is SO GOOD and extra motivational. I downloaded the entire soundtrack all 5 CD's and use them to help me stay in tune with my "inner" Naruto. Here's a youtube link to my two favorite songs to pump me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCJrNS3HXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEGSbp799Y

Hope they help you too! It's working so far, double salad and bare chicken salad for my three meals today!
Narutokris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #54
FoxyNinja398
Newbie Cosplayer

I have picture of my future "Skinny" cosplays hung up on the wall across from the treadmill. That's all the motivation I need.

Sucky part is I had already lost over 100 pounds previous to this year, fell off the wagon due to a really horrible year between deaths/work/ect. (not that's it's any great excuse), so now I get to go through the hell of starting over almost from scratch with the cravings, the horrible plateaus, ect. But I know it will be worth it in the end.
*Sakura (TRC- White December artbook version)
*Miku (Vocaloid)
*Archer/Gilgamesh (Fate/Zero)
*Alter Saber (Fate/stay night)
FoxyNinja398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #55
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

I just suck it up and do it. It's hard, but you know you're that much better each time. Think about it, 100 days is over 14 weeks. So, losing 28 pounds, one day is one percent.
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #56
palikala

I have a wallpaper with my desired cosplay and that helps me to stay of boredom-food whenever I look at it and remind myself why am I doing this for.
palikala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #57
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

I have tried to motivate myself for years but this time, I found my true motivation and never slacked off.
So I have to wear this costume for Halloween, and I tried it on. It fit perfectly but my body didn't look too attractive in it. And I was like MAN! do I need to lose weight. ((Btw I was 75 kg at 5'5''))
Motivation just comes to you. It's like getting shot in the heart. It's sudden and blows you away. And when you are truly motivated, somehow, everything seems easier and less enticing.
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #58
Em1nAI
Ectomorphic Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg3_5laught3r View Post
at this point, exercise is a drug to me. I don't do it and I feel like crap for the day.
I'm in this same vein. When I first stepped foot into the gym in February 2006 and decided I was going to make the change from unhealthy life style to healthy, I made it my job, mission, quest to stick to it and get stronger and get more confident in myself...and stop being a stick :P It soon morphs into not being a chore, and it become who you are. Anybody around me soon learns this, and now they can see it. To all my friends and coworkers, my name is synonymous with going to the gym and healthy eating. In fact my friend said he refers to skipping a junk food snack for a healthy one as "Pulling a *my last name*" That is one of the biggest compliments I've ever received, and a sure sign. So now my motivation is because I want people to see me as an example of what you can do if you commit whole-heartedly to fitness goals. That is why I became a personal trainer so I can do just that more directly.

So I'm here to tell you, any goals you have in relation to losing weight or just general fitness, can be realized, and especially if you have a friend or family member hold you accountable to whatever goal that is

~Em1nAI

I'm a certified personal fitness trainer as well as a certifiable health nut.

Costume(s):
Toshiro Hitsugaya...100% done
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/248204/
Snake-Eyes...100% done
"Hammer pants have NOTHING on my hakama pants!"
Em1nAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #59
DowagerAtWork

I have a wall of inspirational pictures. I think of all the fun things I want to do when I get healthy (I'm not overweight, but have been recovering from poor health). Also, listening to music helps.

And I work at place that has access to a lot of documentaries on obesity and such, and they're really good motivators. Anybody see Weight of the Nation. Amazing series, and really motivating.
DowagerAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #60
TheBatman

Because I love my family.
My little sister and I recently saw "The Dark Knight Returns - part 1" animated movie and she wanted to cosplay as Carrie Kelly / Robin. And I promised that I'll be Batman to accompany her.
Also, being in shape
TheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote