Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #76
dazeyl93

OHHH this sounds like fun. Me and my girlfriend are doing Journey Into Mystery on Saturday. She will be doing kid Loki and I will be doing Leah.
dazeyl93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #77
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
It actually comes down to where you end up drinking. Any good Manhattan bar will ID you.
This is true. There are very few I haven't gotten carded at. Mainly in St. Mark's. Everywhere else I've been carded so far.

Also interesting how I'm still the only Enchantress in the list... I thought there would be at least one other. Anyone know the times at all yet?

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #78
phantomthief
It was fun, wasn't it?

Hey gurl heeeey~ (It's Ari, btw)

Movie Hawkeye here for Friday and Saturday (Ubisoft canceled its planned AC event so I might skip AssCreed this con *gasp!*), Kate Bishop Hawkeye in her circus disguise on Thursday and a bit of Sunday (where I'll have a matching comic Hawkeye with me)
Unread 09-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #79
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
This is true. There are very few I haven't gotten carded at. Mainly in St. Mark's. Everywhere else I've been carded so far.

Also interesting how I'm still the only Enchantress in the list... I thought there would be at least one other. Anyone know the times at all yet?
I haven't been carded here in all my underage years. Maybe it's just luck!

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #80
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomthief View Post
Hey gurl heeeey~ (It's Ari, btw)

Movie Hawkeye here for Friday and Saturday (Ubisoft canceled its planned AC event so I might skip AssCreed this con *gasp!*), Kate Bishop Hawkeye in her circus disguise on Thursday and a bit of Sunday (where I'll have a matching comic Hawkeye with me)
Ahhhhhh Ari!!!! -hugs-

I saw. I'm more than a little pissed that Ubisoft just up and cancelled that. One I saw that I was like, yep don't care about finishing the Pioneer now at all. I have until March now so whatever. I knew I wasn't going to be part of the Ubisoft thing..because well you saw how the letter was worded..but I was still gonna go hang out over there looking all badass in my Pioneer outfit even though I didn't want to participate in anything.
I feel bad for you and Chris. Especially Chris I think, because he was so excited about Ubisoft having an event or something at NYCC.

But yay, this means more Avengers!!! Definitely have to hang out on Friday.
Do you still have that whole group for Avengers?
And our Hulk had to drop out, you don't know anyone who might be interested in taking her place do you? (The outfit would not be hard to put together, so nobody would have to worry about getting it done in time.)

Anyway, I'm going to update this over the weekend, so if you don't see your name on the list right away, that's why.

And @tsutaya; I was going to do Enchantress. But then..I wasn't sure if I'd have time to finish my sister's costume for our group thing Friday if I worked on Enchantress too. And I didn't have money for the corset I wanted for it. And yes I could make a corset but...there are some things I just don't want to put myself through while school is going on too. So, I just have to wait for winter break, or wait til I have enough money to buy the corset.

But I'm so glad you're doing Enchantress!! It makes it all the more special since you're the only one so don't worry!

Oh, just to everyone generally. Like I said, updating the list this weekend. We need to finalize a Sunday gathering time too!!
And if anyone out there wants to be our 'loli' Hulk for my group on Friday, that would be amazing.

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #81
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Oh sweet so there's a gathering Sunday too? I'm in the process of switching jobs hopefully and now idk if I can make the Friday one D:!

And thanks Aurora I'm just using spandex for mine. Corset at a con for me is just too much of a pain. I wear them outside to events but wearing one the whole day. I think I'd die...

★Next Projects★
Unread 09-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #82
Aurora Maryte
The Voice of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
Oh sweet so there's a gathering Sunday too? I'm in the process of switching jobs hopefully and now idk if I can make the Friday one D:!

And thanks Aurora I'm just using spandex for mine. Corset at a con for me is just too much of a pain. I wear them outside to events but wearing one the whole day. I think I'd die...
Yeah there will be one each day..well, except Thursday unless someone wants to give me a time/place for that for me to post.

I just don't know what time is good for Sunday. So I'm open to any suggestions and preferences.

And...I was kind of hesitant at first to even think about doing the costume. I think, for me, if I didn't wear a corset with it..I'd look so horrible. But that's just because I'm fat, I mean if I wasn't I wouldn't think of wearing a corset all day like that either.
Can't wait to see your costume!

Conventions 2014~
-Katsucon- -Castle Point- -AnimeNEXT- -Philly Comic Con- -NYCC-
2014 Cosplays~ Celes Chere-opera gown(FF: VI); Dr. Princess(Adventure Time); Eowyn- green dress(LOTR); Lux(League of Legends); Magik(X-men); Anna(Frozen); Apple Pie(Sakizou); Stella(FF: XV)

Aurora Maryte is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #83
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
I haven't been carded here in all my underage years. Maybe it's just luck!
QUERY: What version of Rogue are you bringing out to NYCC?

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #84
eebee

Quote:
QUERY: What version of Rogue are you bringing out to NYCC?
I'll be the version in my icon, specifically taken from the Messiah Complex arc: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7ctYxla0R5...600/rogue3.jpg. =) Why do you ask?

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager

Last edited by eebee : 09-27-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Unread 09-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #85
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
I'll be the version in my icon, specifically taken from the Messiah Complex arc: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7ctYxla0R5...600/rogue3.jpg. =) Why do you ask?
Assembling a modern X-group for a private shoot. We could use ya!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 09-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #86
eebee

Quote:
Assembling a modern X-group for a private shoot. We could use ya!
Cool! I'd be happy to join a shoot! Shoot me a message with the details, and I'll try to work it out. =)

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #87
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Cool! I'd be happy to join a shoot! Shoot me a message with the details, and I'll try to work it out. =)
OKIE DOKIE!

Unread 09-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #88
BanditArtist

I will be there.

Hey, I'm BanditArtist and I think this is the most awesome event. I would love to join you to do an incredible superhero shoot. Let me know when and where and I will be there. I will be there dressed on Saturday as The Mighty Thor!
BanditArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 08:34 PM   #89
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Maryte View Post
Yeah there will be one each day..well, except Thursday unless someone wants to give me a time/place for that for me to post.

I just don't know what time is good for Sunday. So I'm open to any suggestions and preferences.

And...I was kind of hesitant at first to even think about doing the costume. I think, for me, if I didn't wear a corset with it..I'd look so horrible. But that's just because I'm fat, I mean if I wasn't I wouldn't think of wearing a corset all day like that either.
Can't wait to see your costume!
Well I'm sorta gonna be wearing a corset underneath. Just not going with a steel boned corset. Those would kill me... I'm not a twig either >:

★Next Projects★
Unread 10-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #90
EdxWinry
Yaoi Obsessed Uke

I have an entire Avengers group traveling with me! I'll be going as casual Tony Stark and my girlfriend will be my Steve Rogers. The only members of our group who won't be too casual will be Black Widow and Hawkeye. I'll also have Bruce Banner and Thor (who will be wearing a name tag that says "Donald Blake" on it).

Keep on the look out for us!! If you're a Steve/Tony fan, then definitely come and find us. Our Hawkeye and Black Widow are also dating and very close <3

Sadly, the whole group can only make it on Friday. We'll try to make it to your gathering though!
EdxWinry is offline   Reply With Quote