Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
sapphirestripe

Smile Saya no Uta wig?

I really want to cosplay Saya from Saya no Uta for this upcoming con, and it'd work out really well I think. The only thing is, her hair is very... unique, from having an odd color to also these little ear-like triangles protruding out from the sides of her head. Here's a picture.

How should I go about getting a wig for this cosplay? I'm honestly not experienced at all in dying / styling wigs, so I'd prefer pretty much anything else before that.

Thanks!
sapphirestripe is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Diamondinmyeye
Save me a piece!

I have colour rings for Coscom and Arda and of the two, I would say the best colour is Coscom's Shadow Green. People are wary of ordering from here because there have been shipping and communication issues, but with this one day shipping being promised those issues may be laid to rest finally.

If you do decide to go with them based on that colour, then I would suggest the Ivy Long and get some extensions to build the wingy bits. It may even be advantageous to buy a short clip, as you want a lot of fiber for them.

Future Cosplays:
Princess Bubblegum-Adventure Time
The Flower Card-Cardcaptor Sakura
Rika Furude(school outfit)-Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Diamondinmyeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

I wouldn't risk ordering from Coscom until they've proven they can function like a decent business should.

Future cosplay: Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge), Lara Croft (Rise of the Tomb Raider), Tetra (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
AshofRebirth

I second avoiding Coscom. You may never get your wig.

You could go with Arda Wigs. They're also having a sale right now! But it ends midnight tonight CST.

I would go with an Olive wig http://arda-wigs.com/collections/olive-AR007 in Le Tigre Long http://arda-wigs.com/collections/le-tigre-long or Luthien and straighten it http://arda-wigs.com/collections/luthien
Difference between the two is Luthien will be pre-layered because of the curls. It ends up being just a tad thicker than the already straight wigs.

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

http://shop.cosplay.com/ivy-long.html
I'd second Diamondinmyeye that the Ivy Long in Shadow Green would be the best choice for the base. And as we're now shipping out within one day, if you order over this weekend it will ship out Monday and you'll have it by Wednesday or Thursday.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
Diamondinmyeye
Save me a piece!

Of the two colours, Shadow Green looks slightly closer to me than Arda's Olive based on my colour ring comparisons of both brands. That's why I suggested it above Arda. That being said, unless you look at them next to each other it wouldn't look off to use Olive. Plus, I have never had an issue with their shipping, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt when they say their shipping has improved.

Future Cosplays:
Princess Bubblegum-Adventure Time
The Flower Card-Cardcaptor Sakura
Rika Furude(school outfit)-Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Diamondinmyeye is offline   Reply With Quote