Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
animazn

Black Star Cosplay Help

I need help in both deciding and making my cosplay for Black Star. I'm cross dressing either a regular version(anime) or a manga version. I think the manga one would be cooler but I hope people will recognize it though. I either want to do his outfit from Spartoi or his outfit in shadow star first form chain of blackness so I can make the cool scythe the Spartoi one is def easier to make.

Spartoi: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...id_Spartoi.jpg
(manga outfit)

Shadow Star:
http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Shad...n_of_Blackness (regular outfit cool sycthe)

I need ideas for the cosplay. Mainly for his regular one because his outfit is a bit complex. For example the pants are like shorts and sweats at the same time so I guess I could do something like that. I'm TOTAL newbie when it comes to cosplaying. His shirt is the annoying one with the ninja like cone around his neck like Sauske. There's also the sliver lining for his belt and shirt. Not to mention I should do something for his gloves too. I would make the scythe out of cardboard and paper mache then paint.

This is why the Spartoi is easier with plain colors and stuff. But I just want some ideas from people who are pro at this
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
Unaki

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21495120_o.jpg

That's me. Its actually simpler than you think to make his standard outfit. If you are a male, make the collar and sew it to a muscle shirt. If you want to keep the collar up just use a small sturdy metal wiring like you find in bras and sew it into the inside of the collar. As for the pants, I just used a cotton fabric from each color and went (top to bottom) Grey for the belt, white for the main pants, black for the lower legs and gray for the bottoms. The belt is just a part of the pants and has two hole in the front where a string or rope can be tied for a belt and tucked in. The shorts go to his calves so they would need to be rather big to get the right look and try and make them flare out a bit. It just looks bad when you see a Black Star with tight fight shorts :<

Yes the Spartoi uniform is easier but most people don't immediately recognize it because they have only seen the anime and it does have a longer basic scarf.

Black Star is the most OP character in the series @.@
Unaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #3
animazn

Woah looks cool! So did you just sew the pants together then? Like hand sew or sewing machine? Cause I can't sew xD
Unread 09-23-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Unaki

It was done with a sewing machine minus the shoes. I don't handsew because it cramps up my hands and I can't have that (competitive league of legends player).

My advice for sewing would be to ask your neighbors or friends if they could do it for you. When I started cosplaying I had my grandmother help me out and now I sew on my own.
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
animazn

Haha nice aight sounds good thanks for the help I'll ask if I have any problems
Unread 09-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
animazn

Oh and what are your chain scythes made of? I was thinking of doing cardboard but people tell me to do wood dowels. I don't know if I'll have the tools to do that xD
Unread 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
Unaki

Wooden dowels and a metal hook ring at the bottom to hold the chain. They are 1:1 scale too. Very proud of them.
Unread 09-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
animazn

You used wood for the blade right? There's a tutorial that says to use model magic too. One thing though, how'd you connect the chain? Did you cut it then mold it back? Just wonderin about that