Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 227 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #5416
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I finally wore Choir Boy Ciel to a con. I wore it to Tokyo in Tulsa where J. Micheal Tatum (Sebastian's English voice) was a guest. I got his autograph on my Blu-Rays and a photo with him. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend much time with him. The line to see him was really long and I didn't want to hold up anyone behind me.

I also got Caitlin Glass' (Hannah) autograph. Too bad I wasn't Alois when I got to her. I still got a photo with her as Pikachu. She did say that she wished she saw my kimono!Alois though.
Very nice ^^ I'm so jealous of people who can go to Texas cons, all the VAs are there! D< Not like I secretly have a dream to meet Tatum and Jason Douglas (Claude and Sebby's VAs) or anything...Pfff... We did have Brina Palencia at AWA, but I was reeeeally distracted that con and completely forgot x-x;
And this is a kind of random thought, but if I were to ever meet Tatum in my Ciel cosplay (he's jokingly complained about all the Ciels (and Brina) that order him to do stuff at panels) all I would order him to do is give me a hug. *nod*

Meanwhile..hmph. I am annoyed at myself for spending most of my money Dx I've realized I really don't want to do choirCiel first but...I should have barely enough to get the other version that I really like. Thankfully, there isn't another cosplay event that I know of after AWA until December, so I have time to get all the accessories together too. I just hope that my commissioner will let me do the 'pay materials when I start making it, pay labor once I'm done' thing so I can get it..
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #5417
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I also do have Brina Palencia's autograph on a wall scroll. She was at Naka-Kon 2011. I had just watched Black Butler a few days before the con so I bought the scroll in the dealer's room for her and J. Micheal Tatum. I hope she comes to another con of mine so she can sign my Blu-Rays as well. But personally I want to see Luci Christian even more as I don't have her autograph at all.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #5418
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
I also do have Brina Palencia's autograph on a wall scroll. She was at Naka-Kon 2011. I had just watched Black Butler a few days before the con so I bought the scroll in the dealer's room for her and J. Micheal Tatum. I hope she comes to another con of mine so she can sign my Blu-Rays as well. But personally I want to see Luci Christian even more as I don't have her autograph at all.
I only wish I had one of the VAs autogrpahs |D Maybe one of them will be at AWA. (Another random thought, but I really want to see Claude and Sebby's voice actors both at the same con. Seeing them act IC together would be amazing.)

Urgh...this friend. I swear, I honestly kind of hate him. I planned to cosplay Ciel again since he said he wasn't anymore (no more comparison to him, which was kind of a relief to me) and now has turned around and decided since he's found such a sweet friend to be Sebby with him, he's going to do a crapton of other versions with them. Which, in turn, made me lose most of my inspiration for Ciel. Just as I get my new wig. Thankfully there's one version I could do that he never would, and the base wig works for multiple characters, so it isn't a complete waste...just mostly, to me x-x; (I wish I knew why it bothers me so much, and puts me off...but I just don't :/)

Thankfully, thought, my now-girlfriend cosplays Luca, so she's making me want to do versions of Alois again, now. While I am a little bummed about the above..I'm trying to plan my schedule for AWA to include surprising her with a young Alois cosplay...I'm just having trouble finding color refs for the pants x-x Guh.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 08-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #5419
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I've never seen anyone cosplay Luca so that's pretty awesome. Right now, I'm getting a little tried of Alois' default outfit as it's getting so common. I've only brought the kimono version to my last couple of cons. I really love cosplaying him though, I just wish he had more outfits.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #5420
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
I've never seen anyone cosplay Luca so that's pretty awesome. Right now, I'm getting a little tried of Alois' default outfit as it's getting so common. I've only brought the kimono version to my last couple of cons. I really love cosplaying him though, I just wish he had more outfits.
It is :3 She's proud, too..since she knows she's the only Luca cosplayer around xD
And..the same here. Most of the outfits I like are either situational (like the nightshirt) or insanely pricy..or are fanart, so I would have to commission, circling right around to being pricy. But she has suggested we do the Red Riding Hood versions of them (except I think, since we don't have a Claude, she wanted Luca to be the wolf instead xD) so...that may be a possibility.

I THINK I've mostly made my Ciel wig work. I think I cut the bangs a little shorter than I would've liked, but I'll work with that later. I still want to try to cosplay this version of him. (I love spats way too much, I swear xD) I think we'll just see what looks good when/if I order the costume.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #5421
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

....I feel like I spam this forum but I'm going to post again anyways just to see if anyone's interested .~.

Welp, tried on my former Ciel wig for the first time since getting my new one (after looking through some awesome cosplayers' pictures and going I WANT YOUR WIGS) and...I can officially say R.I.P. to that thing. I don't understand why it doesn't fit me anymore, but now it looks incredibly awkward to me to wear it, and I realized just how itchy and overly thick it is compared to the other one.

Now, for what I'm posting here for. I am considering possibly selling it. I would ask a fair price for it (since there isn't anything actually wrong with it and it isn't damaged at all) but certainly not anything ridiculous. Probably somewhere around the $25-35 range. If you can bear my ridiculous looking faces, some pictures of it are in my gallery (yes, every picture of my Ciel cosplay thus far.) and..it is a silverish-gray, but seems to change colors depending on the lighting, going anywhere to a bluish tint of..something xD Impossible to describe. But I think that works well for Ciel. (And, of course, I can give more pictures if you want them.)

Didn't mean to make this an ad, don't yell at me x-x I wanted to post here to see if anyone here wanted it (since I'm sure not everyone looks in the Marketplace thread) and didn't want to have to send all that in seperate PMs or redirect to a Marketplace thread.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 08-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #5422
ROXASAURUS
New cosplayer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy. View Post
....I feel like I spam this forum but I'm going to post again anyways just to see if anyone's interested .~.

Welp, tried on my former Ciel wig for the first time since getting my new one (after looking through some awesome cosplayers' pictures and going I WANT YOUR WIGS) and...I can officially say R.I.P. to that thing. I don't understand why it doesn't fit me anymore, but now it looks incredibly awkward to me to wear it, and I realized just how itchy and overly thick it is compared to the other one.

Now, for what I'm posting here for. I am considering possibly selling it. I would ask a fair price for it (since there isn't anything actually wrong with it and it isn't damaged at all) but certainly not anything ridiculous. Probably somewhere around the $25-35 range. If you can bear my ridiculous looking faces, some pictures of it are in my gallery (yes, every picture of my Ciel cosplay thus far.) and..it is a silverish-gray, but seems to change colors depending on the lighting, going anywhere to a bluish tint of..something xD Impossible to describe. But I think that works well for Ciel. (And, of course, I can give more pictures if you want them.)

Didn't mean to make this an ad, don't yell at me x-x I wanted to post here to see if anyone here wanted it (since I'm sure not everyone looks in the Marketplace thread) and didn't want to have to send all that in seperate PMs or redirect to a Marketplace thread.
Really?! Yay! I'm also a Georgia cosplayer! ^_^ Is the wig still for sale?
ROXASAURUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:16 PM   #5423
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROXASAURUS View Post
Really?! Yay! I'm also a Georgia cosplayer! ^_^ Is the wig still for sale?
Yay!! Other Georgia cosplayer!
It is :3 PM me and we can talk about it (or I can PM you if you aren't sure how xD)
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #5424
MizutheMage
Queen of Scandinavia

I recently finished my William T. Spears cosplay, which I'm hoping to get pictures of soon~ In the future I'm also hoping to make a Suit cosplay, to go along with my friend who'll be cosplaying Doll and my sister who'll hopefully be cosplaying Smile. We're actually hoping to round up an entire Circus Arc group, if possible. I believe my friend has found a Drocell and Joker, but I'm unsure.
On another side note, I'd love to cosplay Prince Soma at some point. I feel Soma and Agni are both overshadowed character that aren't cosplayed very often.

Upcoming Cons:
NYCC 2013 - Dean Winchester, Armin Arlert, Gabriel
MizutheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 10:41 PM   #5425
singleperfectio
Hey its me!

I am an Alan cosplayer (Amoung others, but that's a different story) and I am really REALLY tempted to do his ball gown. Anyone know where I can find fabric that matches or a good picture of the hat?

Attending -
Katsucon *FEB* - Hiccup (how to Train Your Dragon), Austria (Hetalia), Rose Tyler (Dr Who)
Zenkaikon *MARCH*- Hiccup, Austria, Finland (scandinavia and the World), PJ!Ukraine (Hetalia - original design), Sherlock (BBC's Sherlock)
Anime Weekend Atlanta *Sep* - Medusa (Soul Eater), Yuuka (Touhou Project), Ukraine or Belarus (Hetalia)

Possibly -
Anime Next *JUNE*
Otakon *AUG*
singleperfectio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 04:52 PM   #5426
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Bah. Lesson learned via Ciel..if you want to cosplay a character whose hair seems to change color, just get a mixed color wig. -facepalms- Those are only around $20 too. Like I said..lesson learned Dx On the same note, people with awesome Ciel wigs never seem to remember where they got them (or get them from taobao), and this irks me.

Though, he will most certainly have to be pushed back more. And the more I look the more variations I want to do. Why, Ciel reference sheets? Why do you hide in the corners of the internet for me to find at the most inconvenient times?!

At this point, I'm considering just waiting and saving after AWA until Christmas to get a fancier version of him, though I'm still not entirely sure about that. I'm on the edge of at first getting a normally uncomfortable (..just because more than one layer is NEVER comfortable here xD) outfit just so I have one to wear most any time, and then getting a fancier one afterwards, so that cosplaying Ciel is still fun rather than a pain.

...I'm also wondering if my girlfriend would ever want to cosplay Alois with me. I already have the whole outfit for her to use, if we can make the wig look good on her. We already did Ciel (her) and Alois (me) at my house once..I'd like to see what we look like reversed. o_o Plus, respectively, I act more like Ciel and her like Alois xD I may ask her about that later.

Ciel cosplay plans everywhere except in action "orz
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Upcoming Cons
Unread 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #5427
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

First cosplay ever, I cosplayed Grell...it was kind of a fail.
I attempted to cosplay Alois...it actually was a fail, so I'm currently trying to redeem myself in the world of Kuro cosplay.

My best friend really wants to cosplay Prince Soma, and I agreed to be her Agni (everyone else finds this funny because she and I are white as wonder bread and the two palest people in our cosplay group, but we love the characters.) I'm going to try surprising her with it for christmas, so I'll be sure to get some pictures
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #5428
TeaForThought
Fragile: Handle with Care

I've avoided posting here for some reason or another. But.
I've done Grell, Alan, Ciel, Sebastian (for very special circumstances; I only do Sebastian on ice) and most recently...the Queen.
How much I hate to crossplay....it's insane. However; people keep requesting me to do it so...eventually I'll have to go the more traditional route and get something to match the anime. The current ballgown is strictly for that: balls. And I could write pages to how uncomfortable all those layers are. But I can safely say, it's one of the only times I've ever felt respected, even if people weren't fond of me.
My go to...despite a lot of critiscism is still Ciel. He was the first real cosplay I ever wore to a con....that I didn't have to dig out of my closet. He's much easier for me to connect with and...very very easy for me to slip into character, which isn't always a good thing. And it's just a plus that I'm a lot more comfortable with his clothes. I can safely say that I have many other versions planned.
I'm avoiding going back to Grell except for a possible indoor photoshoot or something to keep his poor wig from getting screwed.
That's...about it for my spam here I guess.
TeaForThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #5429
Ai no Miko
Shounen ai no kyoshinsha

I'll add to the "spam" here I guess... I'm soon to be a Black Butler cosplayer, Sebastian to be exact, and to be honest I am not sure how to feel about it. I mean of course I am excited to be cosplaying one of my favourite characters, don't get me wrong, but I haven't cosplayed something fully "mainstream" since Edward Elric in 2006. I don't count my Kurama cosplay because while he was mainstream, I feel I did something enough to that cosplay to make it stand out enough from the scores and scores of other Kurama cosplayers in the Yu Yu Hakusho fandom. The reason I am so hesitant against mainstream is because I kind of feel like I don't have anything to make Sebastian "mine" at this point - well, I'll be specific, I have nothing to make him "mine" and still enjoy wearing the cosplay. I'm a sucker for his regular, plain jane, butler outfit, and that's the one of course that's been done the most. I know all of this probably sounds pathetic, but hey every cosplayer likes to stand out in some way right? I know I will still absolutely enjoy wearing this costume when I finally get everything together and finished, which will take another three weeks or so, but part of me is still really wishing I had heard of this series I year or so ago ^^;
Unread 09-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #5430
rajamitsu

I can think of one way to stand out, even in the default butler outfit: Practice your walk and mannerisms. This past weekend my husband pointed out this Sebastian cosplayer who was walking around, balancing a tray in one hand. They had it down pat and it was absolutely amazing.
rajamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote