Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Photography > Locations

Unread 09-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
NATHDAPUNK

L Meeting Shinigami location

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this location for a shoot of L (Death Note) meeting a Shinigami for the first time (it happens towards the beginning of Episode 24)?

I know that in the actual series its from inside a helicopter at night, but that isn't really going to be possible to replicate...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43999169@N00/2832225445/

It's the only real underground subway in the whole city I can think of that would remotely be suitable for replicating that scene, but is it close enough...

2013 Conventions:
~ SuperNova Expo 2013 - Melbourne, Australia [as Tamaki Suoh (Ouran High Hosts Club)]
~ Manifest 2013 - Melbourne, Australia [as TBA / Yūsaku Kitamura / Light Yagami]

Cosplays:
~ Ash Ketchum - Pokemon (Generation I)
~ L - Death Note
~ Tamaki - Ouran High School Hosts Club [Future: SuperNova Melbourne 2013]
~ Yūsaku Kitamura - Toradora! [Future: Manifest 2013 - Day 2]
~ Light Yagami - Death Note [Future: Manifest 2013 - Day 3]
NATHDAPUNK is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Woo, my favorite episode..
Anyway, so you are trying to recreate where L first touches the Death Note and sees Rem?
If that is the case, It will be VERY difficult without at least something that looks like the inside of a helicopter. If you want to just make a newer scene with the atmosphere of L seeing Rem for the first time, then I feel this place has that feel to it just looking at the angle you have. So If you are looking to do that, then I say yes. Make sure you are allowed though too. Like asking someone that works there.
-Stocking (Panty & Stocking)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
NATHDAPUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Woo, my favorite episode..
Anyway, so you are trying to recreate where L first touches the Death Note and sees Rem?
If that is the case, It will be VERY difficult without at least something that looks like the inside of a helicopter. If you want to just make a newer scene with the atmosphere of L seeing Rem for the first time, then I feel this place has that feel to it just looking at the angle you have. So If you are looking to do that, then I say yes. Make sure you are allowed though too. Like asking someone that works there.
Yeah thats what I'm aiming to recreate

I was thinking it was going to be highly unrealistic to have the inside of a helicopter to recreate the scene excactly (espically given the scene itself is at night, there is potentially one location that may be like it, however thats inside a game arcade), so I was looking at somewhere that had the same feel as where L sees Rem for the first time.

The only other location I could think of, which I thought of later, was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Me...al_Station.jpg

I'm pretty sure the first site I linked to is under the control of the City of Melbourne (or the Public Transport Commission), so it's public property. The second site though might not be the same...

(if anyone from Melbourne stumbles upon this and knows any more suitable place, please comment :P)

2013 Conventions:
~ SuperNova Expo 2013 - Melbourne, Australia [as Tamaki Suoh (Ouran High Hosts Club)]
~ Manifest 2013 - Melbourne, Australia [as TBA / Yūsaku Kitamura / Light Yagami]

Cosplays:
~ L - Death Note
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:27 AM   #4
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Yea I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen with a helicopter..So you gotta really improvise lol I think that first one is better then the second one..They are both nice places to do it, but still the first looks more "Death Note"ish What is this arcade? Does it have an area where it looks like a heli looking into a warehouse? That would be the only think that would look right..
Unread 09-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #5
NATHDAPUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Yea I'm pretty sure it's not gonna happen with a helicopter..So you gotta really improvise lol I think that first one is better then the second one..They are both nice places to do it, but still the first looks more "Death Note"ish What is this arcade? Does it have an area where it looks like a heli looking into a warehouse? That would be the only think that would look right..
It's called the Degreaves Street Subway in Melbourne. It, as far as I'm aware, was built as a below ground passage to the citys main railway station, which has an entrance within the subway.

I've only been down there once in the past (in a rush) and thought only a couple of days ago it would be a good spot... I'm planning of going down to Melbourne next week so I'm thinking of having a look closely there for a spot that looks like it'd fit the scene next week. It's not mapped on Street View though

2013 Conventions:

Cosplays:
~ L - Death Note
Unread 09-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Oh, yea I say when you go that way just take a look for a bit and see if you like it still..
Unread 09-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
NATHDAPUNK

I'll take my camera with me and get some photos of what may be good spots and post them here when I get back.

2013 Conventions:

Cosplays:
~ L - Death Note
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
NATHDAPUNK

OK, I've been out today and taken these shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nathdap...7631680956071/

Theres three shots in that Subway (one I took with flash off) that I think might be suitable. I wasn't able to find something that would sorta look like the inside of an aircraft - but found somewhere small and constrained (look at the one with the rubbish bin).

I'm slightly leaning towards the one with the rubbish bin at the moment, but looking for other thoughts.

2013 Conventions:

Cosplays:
~ L - Death Note