Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #151
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwonkicker View Post
Did you get blue window film from there as well?
I got mine from eBay by just searching "blue window film" - I managed to find a seller that sold A4 sheets of the stuff for 99p each. I got three or four sheets (as I've got an entire wolfpack's worth of masks to make) so one sheet of A4 should do you for Vector easy.
raykimaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #152
Skullhunter500
U.S.S. Delta Team

Yes. This is what I have http://www.ebay.com/itm/Translucent-...em3cb4c2 9ccc
Skullhunter500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #153
Kwonkicker

I ordered some off Amazon, found it much cheaper. Should be here tomorrow. Now, what would be easier, popping out the lens and putting the film inside the lenses or just placing it on the front or back?
Kwonkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #154
Skullhunter500
U.S.S. Delta Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwonkicker View Post
I ordered some off Amazon, found it much cheaper. Should be here tomorrow. Now, what would be easier, popping out the lens and putting the film inside the lenses or just placing it on the front or back?
Weeeell....On the Fm-12 I wouldnt recommend popping out the lenses since they're really hard to get back in perfectly. I just cut and taped the film to the inside of the lenses followed by the Elwire. =3
Skullhunter500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #155
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullhunter500 View Post
Weeeell....On the Fm-12 I wouldnt recommend popping out the lenses since they're really hard to get back in perfectly. I just cut and taped the film to the inside of the lenses followed by the Elwire. =3
I did this too. I think we pretty much made our masks the exact same way...
It's certainly easier than trying to pop to lenses in and out.
Unread 09-28-2012, 12:41 AM   #156
snodawg666

just came to say thanks to everyone here for all their input, it really helped a lot. I didn't have a whole lot of time but thanks to this thread I was able to get my Vector outfit finished looking pretty decent just in time for San Diego Comic Con 2012. My main problem was finding an appropriate jacket with a hood. But anyways here's a pic all geared up before the Con...

snodawg666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #157
Kwonkicker

Hey that's pretty good man!!!

Btw, NY Comic Con is about two weeks away. Any of you guys heading there? I've got four day passes so I'll be there the entire weekend!
Unread 09-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #158
kamakazicat

Hey, been keeping up with this thread for a while, but I still have questions on a few things.

1) What Vest have most people been using? I can't seem to find a good one that matched up to Vector's. Or if you have a base vest that needs the attachments, where can I find these attachments?

2) Has anyone found a good Jacket to use for this? I can add the grid myself, but I need a base jacket to work with.

I'm ordering an FM12 gas mask soon, and will start work on that. (Thanks for the tutorial )
Any help with the above two things would be appreciated.
kamakazicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #159
kamakazicat

Never mind, i found a great jacket to use! Pretty Cheap and looks good: http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id=28491

And I think I'll hit some local thrift stores for the jacket, kneepads, etc. I do still need to find a Fm12 or s10 gas mask though. The fm12's are expensive.
kamakazicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #160
starnes82

Quote:
Originally Posted by snodawg666 View Post
just came to say thanks to everyone here for all their input, it really helped a lot. I didn't have a whole lot of time but thanks to this thread I was able to get my Vector outfit finished looking pretty decent just in time for San Diego Comic Con 2012. My main problem was finding an appropriate jacket with a hood. But anyways here's a pic all geared up before the Con...

that is freaking awesome man
starnes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #161
Kwonkicker

Update:

NY Comic Con is here and in full swing!! I've already run into some RE cosplayers and taken some great photos. I hope to see some guys from here as well. As for my outfit: Had problems with the mask. For whatever reason I could not get the blue film to work properly and after some time I decided to wing it. So I just took black cable ties to use as the vents over the lenses.

The verdict: PEOPLE LOVE IT. I've been getting nonstop requests for pictures and posing it's actually surprised me so many enjoy it. And this praise is not coming from common fans: Die hard RE fans are praising the work I did as people are shouting out to me "Yo Vector, can I get a pic!"

EDIT: Here are some photos...

Last edited by Kwonkicker : 10-14-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 10-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #162
Moodydata

Went a local laser tag arena in my costume to play a few games, ended up turning the lights off so I could see better in pitch black and took the bars out so it would make viewing easier, aswell as replacing my hoodie with a larger one, even so it still looks badass
Moodydata is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #163
raykimaru
U.S.S. Delta Squad

So I was out last night for Halloween rocking my Vector costume and everyone who recognised it as being from RE loved it. Heres a couple of pics:

Unread 11-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #164
snodawg666

Great pics guys. Here are all mine from San Diego Comic Con 2012

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3346436...7631897630018/
snodawg666 is offline   Reply With Quote