Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Costume Critique

Unread 09-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
FinalPhantasy

Link: The Legend of Zelda OOT

SO FINALLY. After about a year of slowly working on it, it's finished! I've worked SO hard on it and I think it turned out great. The only thing that bothers me and I would appreciate minimal hate on is my hair color. I realize that it's not blonde or anything close to it, but simply I couldn't afford a wig, and they look horrible on me. All of it was 100% made by me.

Feedback would be great! Here are a few of the pictures but the full gallery can be found here. LINK - FinalPhantasy

FinalPhantasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #2
LunaFisto

Hmmmmm depends what zelda you are doing but here's some of my quick inputs.

On these pictures which look more similar to your cosplay I noticed that the belt is actually attached to the tunic. It's an easy fix if you have more of that green fabric. Also I noticed that the buckle on the belt seems of and he has different buckles on his shoes.

But other than that this is beautiful!!! I love your shield too. And no one will care about your hair color ;D I promise.
LunaFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
FinalPhantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaFisto View Post
Hmmmmm depends what zelda you are doing but here's some of my quick inputs.

On these pictures which look more similar to your cosplay I noticed that the belt is actually attached to the tunic. It's an easy fix if you have more of that green fabric. Also I noticed that the buckle on the belt seems of and he has different buckles on his shoes.

But other than that this is beautiful!!! I love your shield too. And no one will care about your hair color ;D I promise.
Thanks a lot! The only reason I didn't attach the belt is because it made the way it fit around me look really funny XD. And the shoes, I'm probably going to buy because their not very accurate at all. Thanks a bunch for the critique!
Unread 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Cave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalPhantasy View Post
Thanks a lot! The only reason I didn't attach the belt is because it made the way it fit around me look really funny XD. And the shoes, I'm probably going to buy because their not very accurate at all. Thanks a bunch for the critique!
If you buy them though, the fabric will probably not match the gloves and the belt.
Cave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
Yet Another
Forever Sleepy

The hat seems a little small, and the tunic a little short, since at times, you can see the tight crotch. And the neck of your undershirt could use some modification. But there isn't anything big, so awesome job!

Skyrim Casual: 30 % Done!
Kaylee Frye (Firefly): 40% Done!
Jem Carstairs, Oswin Oswald, Magnus Bane, Pikachu, Trainer White: Done!
Yet Another is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
FinalPhantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yet Another View Post
The hat seems a little small, and the tunic a little short, since at times, you can see the tight crotch. And the neck of your undershirt could use some modification. But there isn't anything big, so awesome job!
Yeah That's that crappy part about working on a cosplay so slowly. You being to outgrow it so I have the feeling that If it's something i'm going to keep wearing i'm going to have to end up replacing a few things as i've gotten taller by half a foot. ;(
Unread 10-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #7
FianlXCon
Banned

wearing the black wig is another version of cosplay, it looks great when you wear the black wig.
FianlXCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #8
Frenzio

Costume looks good and you're cute so double win!
Frenzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Thearah
Is the Smexy Fran

The construction looks really really good! I however, am not a fan of not wearing a wig.... but that's just me nit picking. ;P I agree with the hat looking a little too small, but as you said, you grew a bit while making it. Next time, maybe a stretchy fabric? 8D

Officer Jenny ---> 80%
Thearah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
LDeadman

Overall it is a very good cosplay, but two small things I noticed that have not yet been mentioned is first that the colour of your prosthetic ears does not match your skin tone, you could easily change thie colour of your ears by painting them with foundation make-up. The second thing I noticed is that in the reference photos Link has a buckle on the shoulder strap, but your cosplay does not. Hope this helps!
LDeadman is offline   Reply With Quote