Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 09-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
shinigami714
Illustrator

So I finally got around to posting up my photos...with the masquerade results, here's the links

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #32
Prisca712

Awesome - thanks!
Prisca712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #33
Moonmisery

I didn't win anything, but I was really sad when I saw how some of the novice entries looked professional, especially the Halo group. I've only been sewing since December, and this was my first completely costume (I was Raven from DC Comics), and I found the competition is really hard. I'm not sure if the judges can do this, but I think they should bump people up a level if they're workmanship is at a higher level. Some people might not agree, but I don't know, I think it would make it seem a bit more fair to people who have really just started sewing/costuming.
Moonmisery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 10:34 PM   #34
no-more-thread
Rabbits riding Motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmisery View Post
I didn't win anything, but I was really sad when I saw how some of the novice entries looked professional, especially the Halo group. I've only been sewing since December, and this was my first completely costume (I was Raven from DC Comics), and I found the competition is really hard. I'm not sure if the judges can do this, but I think they should bump people up a level if they're workmanship is at a higher level. Some people might not agree, but I don't know, I think it would make it seem a bit more fair to people who have really just started sewing/costuming.
I know they sometimes recommend to the cosplayer that they should move up. I overheard one of the judges telling iron man that his skill level was masters but since it was his first time in a masquerade he might like to stick to novice. I've also seen where if the cosplayer is under 13 but at a high skill level they move them up to novice from junior. The overall winners of the masquerade were also novices (though I do think I overheard people saying they had moved them to masters because they were just that awesome, though I could totally be wrong)
no-more-thread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #35
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

They like to hand out :Your not a novice anymore" awards if the. lol

Also take into considering a lot of people that enter FanExpo the only Masquerade they do work for through the year. The three queen in the Artisan only worked on their dress for that year as well along with the IronMan.

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote