Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 08-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #1
Freshslatepics

Nightwing help/first post

I apologize if this isn't in the right place, it's my first post.

Quick background, we're Fresh Slate Pictures, LLC out of Ft. Wayne, IN. We're in the process of making our first feature length film and my personal ultimate goal is to make it as a Director. On the side, apart from the legit projects we do, I've started doing fan films. I just finished our first one, a Harry Potter fan film, and we're moving on to Nightwing.

I want to do it even bigger and better than the HP film...and I figured this was the place to come.

I have a $200 budget, and I need to make movie quality Nightwing and Deathstroke costumes. Any suggestions, tips, help, etc. Would be greatly appreciated. I LOVE what so many talented people here do, and I love these characters, I truly want to do them justice, even with it being just a fan film.

Thanks in advance for the help, and I look forward to contributing to the boards.
Freshslatepics is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
apathistsfacade

I would suggest looking at the following forums.

theleagueofheroes.yuku.com
thesuperherocostumingforum.yuku.com

Both are costuming forums specifically geared toward Superheroes. Hope this helps.
apathistsfacade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
rj_sosongco
Rated R for Radical!

You may also want to try the DC Comics forum:

http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=244

That forum probably has cosplayers dedicated to the characters you need. You can also try the Marketplace forum if you want to commission someone for a costume. However, $200 isn't going to get you much if you want to commission someone. You're talking material costs, fitting, time to construct, and shipping. "Movie-quality" foam latex suits can range in the hundreds to thousands of dollars. And $200 might get you the materials to build Deathstroke's mask, or commission a resin copy from someone that has sculpted one.
rj_sosongco is offline   Reply With Quote