Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 08-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

A steampunk Witchblade sounds pretty awesome. I really can't wait to see it!
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #17
Elycium
likes fancy things

I'm working on making some corslettes (waist cinchers that sort of look like underbust corsets but without the busk) using that neat fabric I made the corset out of. Hopefully I'll get them finished soon so I can finally get some stuff in my etsy shop. XD;

I'm even actually measuring for the grain line (I usually just guestimate when its for myself, lol) XD
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #18
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I still love that fabric Elycium. I wish I had more of it. I might have enough to do another corslette since I used part of the yard I bought to line the one for my brother's fiancee's Alice Madness Returns steamdress corslette.

But now that I've got a commission I was doing finished (even though I also have some others to work on) I might start to finish up my steampunk wind-up doll since I just need to make the wind-up key. I really want to wear it and do a cool photo shoot in it soon.
Unread 08-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #19
Elycium
likes fancy things

your store doesn't carry it any more / isn't able to order it? Its still quite abundant at our store (or was the last time I looked). I intend to grab some more of it soon myself, just because its too awesome to pass up.

I really look forward to seeing your wind-up doll. It sounds really neat.
Unread 08-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

When I bought the fabric in the earlier part of the year it was on clearance, so none of the stores have it anymore.

As for my doll, I'm stoked to get it finished. It's based on Abney Park's song Herr Drosselmeyer's Doll. I just need to finish the key and get the ribbons and elastics on my ballet shoes. I also have boots to wear with it when the ballet shoes aren't a smart choice.
Unread 09-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #21
SupremeKai
Look beyond appearances

THinking of starting up a steampunk Spiderman have seen so many amazing artwork its just something i might be able to pull off just have to start now so i can take my time to make it look like it does in my head, trying to get it done for C2E2 in Chicago
Unread 09-13-2012, 02:09 AM   #22
iamthelain

I am almost done with my first two steampunk guns. I did bring them both to Otakon 2012 and they were both a big success.

Gun #1 http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3281550/ is kind of themed for a pirate or smuggler or some other lower class person and is made to look and feel kind of rough and kept working with what ever was at hand.

Gun #2 http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3281561/ was built for my under construction evil mad scientist costume. Its a "prototype" rifle version of Nikola Tesla's death ray. I am thinking of taking on the fictitious role of Nikola Tesla's evil half brother who is almost as smart as Nikola and "half as crazy but twice as evil".

I have also started on two new guns as well, one will be of similar design to the death ray rifle and the other is a "functional" grapple gun. It will have a working grapple hook that can be loaded and fired (with a range of about 2 or 3 feet) and should look the part quite nicely. I will post up pictures of these two as I get further into the builds and they start to take shape.

Last edited by iamthelain : 09-13-2012 at 02:17 AM. Reason: links dident work
iamthelain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #23
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Those guns are really amazing looking. You can see all the work that went into them. And anyone basing their stuff on Tesla is okay in my book!
Unread 09-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #24
ghosgreen

Currently working on my plague doctor stuff. Specifically the medical case I plan to carry with me. I got a few ideas what to put in it but not entirely sure yet. Should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Last edited by ghosgreen : 09-14-2012 at 01:56 AM.
ghosgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #25
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I am finishing up on my huge portable rail cannon which when its barrell is extended its 7 feet long. I ma also making 2 bags shaped like cogs despite the fact the cog is becoming a stereotype in the genere now. They were round cookie tins i didn't know what else to do with them!! One is a backpack the other is a smaller side bag. They will be used t ohouse all the trinkets I need as a geoogist to collect minerals, metals, gems and the likes to sell to the evil geniuses to make their dooms day weapons or whoever pays the most lolzz. but even a geologist needs to be armed to protect their horde from thieves.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #26
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I actually seen one of those tesl death rays fire. The 1940's footage was neat. It's modern name is the Ion cannon. Reagan had 4 built during the SDI era and NASA / JPL later converted one into the Ion Drive. Relaly neat machine too. But uber heavy those are. A portable one would be the neatest thing.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform

Last edited by Alice MacLeod : 10-01-2012 at 05:55 AM.
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Reviving this thread a bit! I just finished a costume that has a very steampunk feel to it for a commission today and thought I would share it. The customer intends to wear it for Halloween with a Venetian mask that was the inspiration for the piece. But overall, it feels like, with the right accessories, it could easily become steampunk. After all, the customer saw the red striped one of the same style I made for my friend's steampunk costume and wanted to duplicate it in her color palette.
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:26 PM   #28
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Just finished a choker that I intend on selling sometime. [The sad part is all the chokers that I sell locally never get bought because the market for them is so dim. ] Still, I love making them. The last step to this was coffee staining it, which was by far the most pleasing experience because of the results. I may have to do some more staining.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer

Last edited by Monocle_Complex : 10-18-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #29
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

That choker is gorgeous! The colors are perfect and the construction looks great. I hope you sell it and whoever buys it is happy with it. It really would be a nice piece to add to a costume.
Unread 10-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #30
johnwik

I know about one more where we can see lot of great stuffs about steampunk tell you later.
johnwik is offline   Reply With Quote