Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.88 average.
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:26 AM   #91
Miruku-no-Aisu

Personally, I always think that if people tell me that crossplaying affects my gender (which nobody have ever done before >w<), I would tell them that I love the character, the character has the opposite sex, therefore I'm completely straight. Mentally and physically ^^
(and I'm a girl btw)
Miruku-no-Aisu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #92
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I am a transgender MtF and cosplay is the only way I feel safe in society at the moment. Without it I would go insane. I learned at my first con this year people didn't treat me differently like they do in society. I was like everyone else a part of a big family and it felt really weird. I am not use to that. In fact I had comments about my alice cosume which kinda scared me lol I was not expecting that one bit. I came from a family of heavy abuse so I am not use to people being nice at all actually.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #93
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice MacLeod View Post
I am a transgender MtF and cosplay is the only way I feel safe in society at the moment. Without it I would go insane. I learned at my first con this year people didn't treat me differently like they do in society. I was like everyone else a part of a big family and it felt really weird. I am not use to that. In fact I had comments about my alice cosume which kinda scared me lol I was not expecting that one bit. I came from a family of heavy abuse so I am not use to people being nice at all actually.
I can relate to you. I'm transgender too, although the other way around. Ever since I finally came to terms with who I really am I've felt the most at home at cons. I've never had anyone be mean or judge me because I'm transgender at least what I know of. Heck, I've even had some people admire me for being honest to myself and open about it at cons. My best friends are people I've met at conventions. In everyday society I keep my distance and do my best to avoid people but in cons I feel most people are very open-minded and at the same wavelength, most are at least.

By the way, if you haven't checked this thread already you should do so, you will find that you're not the only one here! http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=220999

Also, if you are transgender you aren't really crossplaying if you cosplay as a girl.. at least not in my opinion because you identify as a woman and therefore you are one. But well, that's up to how one wants to define themselves and I can't speak for you or anyone else but I don't consider myself crossplaying when I cosplay male characters. (at least not since I started being honest to myself)

Oh, and if you wish to talk to me more feel free to send a PM~

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 01:59 AM   #94
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

Ya I dont call it crossplay either I just didn't know where to talk to people I am still in a very critical stage in my life as I revert back to female for the second time.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:

Lolita:

Anime:
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:01 AM   #95
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

i was very honest about the whole thing im not afraid of what I am im afraid of what people will do. My brother was beat t o a pulp 4 years ago near wellsley station just for carrying his rainbow flag. Thats not right but it happens and he worries ill be smashed in too. No place is safe no matter what there will always be bad people in the world but I cant live my life hiding in a shell either.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:

Lolita:

Anime:
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #96
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
Ya I dont call it crossplay either I just didn't know where to talk to people I am still in a very critical stage in my life as I revert back to female for the second time.
Ah, yeah true. In the crossplay board there is most information that could be useful so yeah, I know what you're trying to say.
Oh, I see. I hope you the best of luck, be strong!

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #97
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Sorry I didn't see your second post!

Quote:
i was very honest about the whole thing im not afraid of what I am im afraid of what people will do. My brother was beat t o a pulp 4 years ago near wellsley station just for carrying his rainbow flag. Thats not right but it happens and he worries ill be smashed in too. No place is safe no matter what there will always be bad people in the world but I cant live my life hiding in a shell either.
Oh that's horrible! I hate how LGBTAQ (and what other letters there are, can't remember them all sorry!) people seem to get so much hate from some people in the society. It makes no sense, we all are humans and should accept each other..

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #98
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

he only told me that today too when I was supposed to go out to my first ever steampunk toronto meet. He is really scared when I go anywhere and I end up going out in non conventional clothing ie male because of it and I dont feel happy like that but what can I do? I cant drive i have epilipsey im an insurance risk. i also have a panic disorder which comes from abuse which was inevitible. I am amazed I didn't panic at an actually I felt good there despite the fact I cant walk or stand well right now due to a recent siesure which caused a sciatica in my back prolly from how violent seisures get so im really in bad shape right now but I am determined to keep at it regardless.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:

Lolita:

Anime:
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:24 AM   #99
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

I will post a picturee if i can figure out how lol

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:

Lolita:

Anime:
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #100
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Quote:
he only told me that today too when I was supposed to go out to my first ever steampunk toronto meet. He is really scared when I go anywhere and I end up going out in non conventional clothing ie male because of it and I dont feel happy like that but what can I do? I cant drive i have epilipsey im an insurance risk. i also have a panic disorder which comes from abuse which was inevitible. I am amazed I didn't panic at an actually I felt good there despite the fact I cant walk or stand well right now due to a recent siesure which caused a sciatica in my back prolly from how violent seisures get so im really in bad shape right now but I am determined to keep at it regardless.
Wow.. I really hope you get better soon!

Ugh. It sucks to have to pretend to be someone you are not just so you won't get treated badly.. so unfair...

*~In progress~*

SAT ???
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:36 AM   #101
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

Grandads army motto was fear naught. I am trying lol how fdo i do this picture thing im rather confused

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:

Lolita:

Anime:
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #102
VickyAmis
Banned

"CROSSPLAY" is merely a subset of "cosplay". And I think it can be interpreted as cross-gender cosplay.
VickyAmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #103
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Whiteout edit:
Welp....never mind my post lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 12-03-2012 at 10:26 PM.
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 05:31 AM   #104
KratosAurion28

Quote:
I know how you feel! I´m a transgender myself as well, but the other way around. Cons are the place where I feel that I can be who I am and want to be, without being judged for something that I am not. Like many do outside cons, at least I feel it´s like that. I´m so glad that many people at cons are really open to HBT persons (I know several who is themselves) even if there is always gonna be haters, but just ignore them. By the way, my closest friends are congoers as well (or I met them at cons for the first time) so I really love how nice and warm people are at cons. I was surprised myself after seeing how happy and open minded many of these people are! I started to open up my real self at cons thanks to the wonderful friends I´ve gotten.

I hope you get treated the way you want at cons and enjoy yourself in cosplay (yes, I see it as cosplay if you´re mentally the gender that you´re cosplaying, I view it that way. I don´t see myself crossplaying when I pull off guys since I´m a FtM).

If you have further questions or just want to chat with someone, need help or just want share your thoughts about something, throw me a PM and I´ll be there.

Take care and be safe!

In progress:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Link

Next con: Närcon 2014 (24-27/7 - 2014) Linköping, Sweden
THU - Suit!Levi (Attack on Titan)
FRI - Pre-Game!Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
SAT - Kratos Aurion (Tales of Symphonia)
SUN - Dio (Mad Father)
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:24 PM   #105
Chryso

I just read this entire thread. The first post was made in 2003 - which didn't seem like that long ago until I realised that it is actually ten years. It is amazing and wonderful to see how the concepts of gender and sexual preference have evolved and become more widely accepted. I'm proud of how society, although it has very (very) far to go, has become more open and accepting. There was lack of knowledge simply because it was taboo to talk about. Even "genderbend" seems to be a very new term based on the (lack of) definitions in this thread. Ten years ago any sexual preference that was not hetero and any gender identity that did not match the physical anatomy was so much more taboo than it is now. Society is still very cruel, but when I think about ten years ago, there is hope.

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 04-24-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote