Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Death Note

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #631
BurningPersona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyaughi View Post

I want to try cosplaying as L, from the manga Death Note. I know the costume is very simple, but I love his character. This will be my first cosplay, aside from a stint as Pantsman from VGcats. I am also female, which will make things a tad more complicated, and I wear glasses. Is anyone familiar with this character? Any tips would be appreciated... and I'm also a bit confused as to L's hair color. It ranges from dark brown to black.
Depending on what you think of my cosplay, there is a photo of my "L" in my photos. "L"'s hair color is Black with a white-ish sheen. If you have big boobs... you might need to wear a chest thingy (Coursette or whatever it is called). If you are generally smaller in that area, you are set. The baggy shirt helps. Jeans for the pants, eyeliner/mascera for the dark circles under his eyes, and no socks/shoes. L is a character you also generally should have the personality for. Are you shut-in, intellectual, yet mysterious to those who do not know you personally? How are you with putting on the persona of your cosplay?
Mudkip-Completed for Otakon 2011
BurningPersona is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #632
icecream

From the philippines ozine fest 2012 - Misa of Death Note
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #633
Juliapop
Not allowed in L.A.

So I haven't been on here in forever and I've been on a hiatus from cosplay, but I'm ready to at least start planning to get back into it. How is everybody? Who's still here? Who else still cares about Death Note?

planned cosplays
ciel phantomhive, kuroshitsuji
mello, death note
Juliapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #634
Jabberwack
Epic Zombie of Epicness

I will forever care about Death Note...I've practically worked it into my everyday life. I no longer say "Oh My God." It's "Oh My Kira", guys, and it always will be.
On the hand of cosplay, though, I've got a blonde wig, a candy store, scar makeup, and a pleather vest. I may bind my chest and just walk around NYC as Mello for a day.

Cosplays: Brock (Pokemon) 95%, L (Death Note) 100%, Kurapica (Hunter X Hunter) 100%, Bikky (FAKE) 40%, Count D (Pet Shop Of Horrors) 70% Dave Strider (Homestuck) 95%
New York Comic Con 2012:
Friday: Sober! Gamzee Makara (Homestuck) 80%
Saturday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Sunday: Mituna Captor (Homestuck) 80%
Jabberwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #635
SirLucius
Thread Killer...

I've also been on a hiatus because of school, but I finally started working on my Ryuk wings and realised that.... the rest of my costume is crap, haha. So I'm planning to revamp the whole thing and salvage the scythe. I was never super happy with it, but with the amount of time I put into it I'm definitely going to save it. But because of all of this it'll be a while before I wear Ryuk again. =/

I'm trying to do another cosplay right now (from One Piece) and hopefully after I finish that I can come back and take care of Ryuk. : )

Ryuk | Wings | 30%

Soul King Brook | All | 20%
SirLucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:25 PM   #636
BarkingPup

Woot! My first cosplay is going to be L!

What's been planned so far:

My middle brother gave me his jeans and they're super baggy and already look worn out so +1 baggy jeans.

At work I noticed a bin of pure white long-sleeved shirts. I bought four (2 for L, 2 for B because white never stays white for long). I was reading the manga and noticed that L's sleeves slid halfway up his arms when he reached out. I was trying to figure out why then realised it's either because his arms are too long for the sleeves or the shoulders are tight (from experience). So I'll be altering the sleeves a little more than I thought and might tighten the shoulders. I also noted that his shirt actually isn't that baggy, it's a regular shirt just Guy-Fit. I've worn baggy clothes before and they look a hell of a lot more loose, plus they won't sit just above your butt when you sit down (like L's shirt does). So I tried the shirts on and squealed because they sit perfect when I crouch!

I've been practising my FtM mannerisms as well. Binding comes next.

I intend to go realistic with the insomniac eyes. Purple, brown, and a little bit of black. I have the bags for reference already... If I'm feeling dangerous I might pet my cats then rub my eyes to get the bloodshot insomnia look.

I wear glasses so I'm intending to custom order some contacts so I can wear them all day to the con. I'll be getting ones that are black with a ring of dark grey around the edges (since L's pupils look like he's on cocaine all the time).

I'm practising his mannerisms as well and hopefully will have them down pat by next year.

My props will be my netbook (if Florence is working I can fake police work, if not I can turn him into a glorified picture frame and have the L logo on his screen), a teacup and saucer plus a thermos full of tea, sugar cubes, creamers, probably bringing cake, random sweet snacks, an old-style cellphone, etc. etc.

Currently inspecting pictures of his shoes and trying to find the perfect pair.

Need a wig. I can style it no problem but need a nice, realistic so brown-it's-black wig.

My friend wanted to be handcuffed to me (my mum can get ankle cuffs) so I suggested Kira but she's not so hot on the crossplay. So, instead, I'm trying to get her to be Misa since I'm participating in The Evil League of Evil Auditions so not only did I steal Kira's Death Note but also his girlfriend.

I'm also planning on a B cosplay. I'll be wearing everything like L but carrying a jar of jam and giggling evilly occasionally. I might carry a bloodied knife in my pocket. The only difference will be dark red contacts that look just dark from far away but light up red with the flash. And, of course a wara ningyo.

I'd like to do the other characters some day but since L is my favourite I figured I'd do him first and move onto my other planned cosplays. I just have so many ideas (mind-planning a Calne Ca for when I haz teh skillz) I'd hate to limit myself to one series.
Traditional Kitsune - ?

Cosplay in the Future
Beyond Birthday Death Note
Grell Sutcliff Kuroshitsuji
Hatsune Miku Hold, Release, Rakshasa and Carcasses

General
Yankee/Bosozoku Lolita
Rainbow Dash Lolita My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Kano webcomic Kagerou
BarkingPup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #637
Alexiya5

Amane Misa cosplay

Alexiya5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #638
lotje19912

Ik ga als L voor mijn eerst cosplay
De kleren komen wel in orde, alleen het haar is wat moeilijk. Enige tips waar ik zo een pruik kan kopen? Want mijn eigen haar is te lang en denk dat mijn ouders zot worden als ik het laat knippen als dat van L
lotje19912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #639
lotje19912

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotje19912 View Post
Ik ga als L voor mijn eerst cosplay
De kleren komen wel in orde, alleen het haar is wat moeilijk. Enige tips waar ik zo een pruik kan kopen? Want mijn eigen haar is te lang en denk dat mijn ouders zot worden als ik het laat knippen als dat van L
oops, sorry forgot to type it english :$
So, im going to cosplay L from Death note and its my first cosplay. The costume is gone be oke, only now i need to find the wig. Any idea where i can get it?
lotje19912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #640
streamingjupiter
neko no hitai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotje19912 View Post
oops, sorry forgot to type it english :$
So, im going to cosplay L from Death note and its my first cosplay. The costume is gone be oke, only now i need to find the wig. Any idea where i can get it?
hi! I bought my L wig from CosplayWig on Ebay! It's actually an Izaya (Durarara) wig but it totally works with some styling. They don't have it in stock right now though, I just checked. http://stores.ebay.ca/COSPLAY-WIG/BL...4 634.c0.m322

Recently Completed
-MEIKO Alice of Human Sacrifice [Vocaloid]
-Gumi Matryoshka [Vocaloid]
-Gumi Difficult Love [Vocaloid]
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind [Ghibli]

Planned
-Eleanor Lamb [Bioshock 2]
-Gumi Love is War
streamingjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #641
Alic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Actually, in the scene where he plays tennis with Light, L wears a pair of really beaten up tennis shoes, but hes stepping on their heel instead of haveing his whole foot in the shoe!
My response is probably no longer necessary, but after reading your comment I watched the scene where they are playing tennis and L is wearing the shoes properly. However having not read the manga you could simply saying what is in the manga.
Alic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #642
Alic

Does anyone know where I get a L wig. I did find one that also doubles as a Sebastian wig (Black Butter) at http://www.cactusmafia.com/wigs but to my understanding, they can only be bought from cons. BTW, I'm not in any hurry at the moment.

Last edited by Alic : 04-08-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: I put the wrong web address. Oops
Alic is offline   Reply With Quote