Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 09-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Since I'm 34% done Twilight Sparkle already, you can list me for that.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

There we go! The first post is edited.

Just a couple notes about it. The first beng that I do not expect all those characters to be done or anything, I just wanted a nice broad coverage of characters, cause I know we got all manner of characters last year. And also, by no means does this mean those are the only characters I'll be adding. If there is someone cosplaying as someone not on the list, I will obviously add them.

Also, for those who were not sure if they were going to cosplay as an MLP character, I put "maybe" next to your name. On top of that, if you listed more than one character you were considering, I put your name under all characters you were considering with a "maybe" until you decide and confirm with me.
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #18
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yay! Got my base wig for Twilight Sparkle today. It's a touch darker than would be perfect but it'll be perfectly fine. Might have to tint the extensions darker, though, the pink and purple are really bright/not deep. And this week, I'll probably get the ears made.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM   #19
sweet_kat22
Graphic Designer

Ill probably get Fluttershy done for this AN I was disapointed because it didnt work out.
At least Ill have more time to fix it up still needs a cutie mark. I might make a plush to carry around Hoping to improve even more.

Atomic Lollipop
Unsure of costume plans

Fan Expo
Harley Quinn (maybe with a Joker)
sweet_kat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #20
BrookeTaichou

oops wrong thread lmfao my bad

Last edited by BrookeTaichou : 09-25-2012 at 09:46 AM.
BrookeTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:14 AM   #21
Zafie
8 Year Cosplay Veteran

I'm currently in the process of getting my materials ready for my Cheerilee cosplay. So far, I have the wig and still trying to decide how I'll get an outfit made or what I'll to use for the clothes. But now, I'm wondering about finding some pony ears. I know that Yaya Han makes pony ears, horns, and wings. Would it just be easier to just purchase a pair from her or make them?

Naru2U 2013:

Cheerilee Gijinka - My Little Pony (Friday)

? - ? (Saturday)

? - ? (Sunday)

G-Anime 2014:

Coming Soon!

Anime North 2014:

Coming Soon!

Last edited by Zafie : 10-01-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Zafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #22
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

It's actually really easy to make a felt pair, which stand up nicely. My phone REALLY fucking hates to cooperate, so google "Felt pony ears tutorial"; ArtemisMoon on dA has one, which I'm using myself.
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #23
Roxas-13
Have you seen this otaku?

OwO Hooray! Welcome, Zafie! So awesome that you're making Cheerilee. Such an under appreciated character.
Luke Skywalker - Star Wars
Roxas-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #24
Zafie
8 Year Cosplay Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
It's actually really easy to make a felt pair, which stand up nicely. My phone REALLY fucking hates to cooperate, so google "Felt pony ears tutorial"; ArtemisMoon on dA has one, which I'm using myself.
Oh okay. Guess I can try it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxas-13 View Post
OwO Hooray! Welcome, Zafie! So awesome that you're making Cheerilee. Such an under appreciated character.
Indeed that's why I chose her as well as that she's my favourite supporting pony. ^_^

Naru2U 2013:

? - ? (Saturday)

? - ? (Sunday)

G-Anime 2014:

Coming Soon!

Anime North 2014:

Coming Soon!
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:02 PM   #25
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

My Twilight ears are done! I just need to finetune how I put them on the wig. Bobby pins are actually kind of tricky to use if I want them to be near the top of my head. I may have to try a clip or two or sewing them to the wig if I cant get that working. But they look great!
Unread 10-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #26
Zafie
8 Year Cosplay Veteran

Quote:
My Twilight ears are done! I just need to finetune how I put them on the wig. Bobby pins are actually kind of tricky to use if I want them to be near the top of my head. I may have to try a clip or two or sewing them to the wig if I cant get that working. But they look great!
Yeah I was thinking of attaching them to a headband. but I might possibly have to sew mine to my wig as well if I can't get them to work any other way.

Naru2U 2013:

? - ? (Saturday)

? - ? (Sunday)

G-Anime 2014:

Coming Soon!

Anime North 2014:

Coming Soon!
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #27
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Same here, but I like to keep my wigs mostly re-usable in case I find another character for them or wear them out as a substiitute for my hair for the day, so I try to avoid irreversible additions (not counting actual cutting or dyeing, of course). Like, ponytails are clip-ins (my Schala wig, which is a huuuuge ponytail, is actually a long wig, a clip-on, a band with more extensions and the a few more sewn-in wefts so I can take the ponytail completely out and use the hip-length base wig for another cosplay, and it's easier to keep neat), hilights are clip-ins, ears, horns or jewellery are pin-on or detachable, etc.
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #28
ZombiiAxelBlitz
Shy little bull

Quote:
May I suggest safety pins? I've done it before with cosplays and they rarily come undone while in use. :3

Anime North 2013: Keith (L4D2)
ZombiiAxelBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #29
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

I'd love to cosplay Sweetie Belle one day, but I don't think I'll have time to squeeze her in for Anime North 2013 - I have so many plans already! Looking forward to seeing everyone's cosplays!

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
KiraCRISIS

I'll be there as Applejack. (Y)
Mimi
KiraCRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote