Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1565 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #54766
MotherSilver
Registered User
 
MotherSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Maaaan, I think I'm getting spoiled cosplaying from anime. There are all these magazine scans and figurines and artbooks and guidebooks and the anime itself goes frame by frame to make for easy peasy screenshots. References everywhere!
I'm actually excited because I JUST found this picture of my character. And there is only one picture of her on the internet because it's the official artwork. But I just found the official sketches and references (even some side ideas before the character had been decided) and thank you cosplay gods IT HAS A BACK AND SIDE VIEW.

This apparently doesn't happen so I am so super excited. I want to start NOW but I just started a new job and I'm just now starting to be able to save money. But other than that-COSPLAY EXCITMENT!!!
MotherSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #54767
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherSilver View Post
I'm actually excited because I JUST found this picture of my character. And there is only one picture of her on the internet because it's the official artwork. But I just found the official sketches and references (even some side ideas before the character had been decided) and thank you cosplay gods IT HAS A BACK AND SIDE VIEW.

This apparently doesn't happen so I am so super excited. I want to start NOW but I just started a new job and I'm just now starting to be able to save money. But other than that-COSPLAY EXCITMENT!!!
References with back and side views are unspeakably amazing! Congrats on your find! : D

I was looking through a Puella Magi Madoka Magica guidebook for pictures of Oktavia for a friend's costume and lo and behold, they have sketches and closeups of her! Multiple pages of her different forms and the crown and the tail and everything! Also, all of the pictures ever of Homura's shield. So great...

Finding JRock references is so difficult in comparison. No one ever wants to turn around or show you anything below the knee. And screencapping lives and PVs with low lighting is a nightmare. .-.
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #54768
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yes, the only explanation. My brain is jealous of my awesomeness. XD And thanks! If only we were closer to each other so we could go to the same con and derp together about persona and vocaloid. XD
...we're both on the east coast at least unless you've spontaneously moved right? XD
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #54769
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
...we're both on the east coast at least unless you've spontaneously moved right? XD
Yup, still on the east coast. XD
__________________
Working on...
Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Breathe With You Miku Module(Vocaloid)|Happy Dancer Yona(Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #54770
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yup, still on the east coast. XD
YES!
...now I want to replay P3P again. Dangit. xD I have so little left if I want to do Minato though...it makes me happy c:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #54771
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
YES!
...now I want to replay P3P again. Dangit. xD I have so little left if I want to do Minato though...it makes me happy c:
Yes! We shall meet! XD I offer to be your Minako. =3
__________________
Working on...
Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Breathe With You Miku Module(Vocaloid)|Happy Dancer Yona(Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #54772
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
Yes! We shall meet! XD I offer to be your Minako. =3
Somewheeeere over the raaainbooow~ (*shot by every singer ever*)
...be my Minako, now! >:3 All I need is a blazer and paint I swear!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #54773
Convulsive
gonna steal ur sponge
 
Convulsive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,545
finally stopped being so lazy and uploaded a couple of pictures from AWA and changed my avatar. c:
__________________

UP NEXT
undyne the undying
FACEBOOK
TUMBLR
Convulsive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #54774
LeekFish
Clow Reader
 
LeekFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanarcah View Post
Yeah, BRSB is a really big project. o: Once you learn LEDs and resin, teach me teach me. o: I need to learn one or both for future costumes.

And we should totally take pictures together. : D Homura is going to look super shabby next to your Goddess Madoka, though. xD; Ohwell.

At least most of the Goddess Madoka project will be sewing-intensive. Unless you're making her bow/wings to go along with it? I find that sewing goes a lot faster than props. Because waiting for things to dry.

Maybe I'm going to try going to Fanime. o: Still not sure about what I'm doing. Partially because I don't know when my wedding is going to be... Probably the year after, at this rate. .-.
I could try, though I'm not sure how good I am at teaching. xD;

We totally should! c: And pfff I'm sure you'll look fantastic. xD

Making the bow and wings for sure. I'm kind of a perfectionist, y'know. xD And usually in that sort of situation I'm pretty good at bouncing between tasks; when making Pinkie I had to wait for fabric paint to dry at times so I would bounce between painting the lollipops and candy corn on the white fabric, making ruffles with the pink fabric, and working on other props, plus homework. It was kinda crazy. xD;

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

COME TO FANIME

__________________
2013 Conventions
Winter SacAnime // Sakura Con // Equestria LA // FanimeCon // Everfree NW // BronyCon // Summer SacAnime // Sac Brony Expo

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #54775
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
Somewheeeere over the raaainbooow~ (*shot by every singer ever*)
...be my Minako, now! >:3 All I need is a blazer and paint I swear!
Nooooo, it's too early for you to die! Wait till March! XD And yes, I shall! That reminds me that I need to pattern out Minako's blazer from my old one so I can make it out of suiting fabric.
__________________
Working on...
Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Breathe With You Miku Module(Vocaloid)|Happy Dancer Yona(Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 01:52 AM   #54776
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3
 
Rangiku12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,232
I got Cosplay on my mind and its 1am...what to do? Tutorial readings!!!
__________________
Facebook

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #54777
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?
 
Xanarcah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeekFish View Post
I could try, though I'm not sure how good I am at teaching. xD;

We totally should! c: And pfff I'm sure you'll look fantastic. xD

Making the bow and wings for sure. I'm kind of a perfectionist, y'know. xD And usually in that sort of situation I'm pretty good at bouncing between tasks; when making Pinkie I had to wait for fabric paint to dry at times so I would bounce between painting the lollipops and candy corn on the white fabric, making ruffles with the pink fabric, and working on other props, plus homework. It was kinda crazy. xD;

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT

COME TO FANIME
xD Mostly I'd need descriptions of things for the resin. Like "this part was oozy, so make sure you have a tarp down".

My friend who is probably doing Sayaka/Oktavia had this to say "YAY MADOKA. Also, holy cheese nips, I'll have to start working on it as soon as Aki is over. @.@;"
So we'll try and get it together and meet you at Sakura-Con 2013. xD;

Complex costumes are crazy in general. o: And then you throw in daily life and it gets so much crazier. Last year at Aki-Con, they had a coolest weapons contest, and one girl had entered Madoka's bow, and she'd gotten it to light up the rose at the end. It was neat, but at the time I had NO IDEA what it was even about.

I want to gooooo~ It sounds like it's a 4 day con, from their website? Friday through Monday?
__________________
Current Projects
- Myaku Toshiya Remake
- Haunted Killer 3epo - Working Version
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #54778
ClassicDavis
A wizard did it.
 
ClassicDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 26
Being a cosplayer and being in the community, I really feel like I'm the only one out of thousands of cosplayers who actually hate anime and will never cosplay from an anime series. So it's hard finding others with like minded interests. YEP.
ClassicDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #54779
TMLiza
Make All The Things!
 
TMLiza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,121
Dang it. I found an ebay listing for a plain white, half face cat mask for $5. I really want to get it to cosplay Nano(the nico singer). All of her outfits are pretty simple plus the cosplays would be photoshoot only I think....hmmmmm. To make matters worse, the seller is selling a bunch of other masks in different shapes and now I am thinking about making the masks that the boss shadows have in p3...
__________________
Working on...
Natsume(Tokyo Ravens)|Breathe With You Miku Module(Vocaloid)|Happy Dancer Yona(Akatsuki no Yona)

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #54780
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown
 
FuntomKitten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchmon View Post
now I am thinking about making the masks that the boss shadows have in p3...
DOOOOOO IIIIIIITTTT (and give me one)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Miri View Post
Come to the dark side. We have freaking gorgeous character designs.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Copyright 2002-2016 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.