Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
anime_grl

Utau Hoshina Cosplay Construction help!!

Okay... so here's the deal. i live in an area where it's HARD to find many things i'd need for this cosplay SO i was hoping i could get some advice on putting together an Utau Hoshina cosplay for youmacon 2012. i WOULD order it online (which i'll probably end up doing) but i would really like to try making the costume first. i just want her general cosplay (the black dress with the gray. not Lunatic Charm or anything like that..) any and all help in the construction will be very much appreciated!!! =)

(also i'm SO sorry if this is the wrong area to post this!!!)

here's a link to some pics of her:
http://www.google.com/search?q=utau+...w=1279&bih=609

EDIT!!! i... kinda F*&#ed the dress up intensely and i don't really have the time or resources to fix it SO i think i'm just gonna be Medusa again.. =(
feel free to comment on this though asking others for help or advice!

Last edited by anime_grl : 10-29-2012 at 09:14 AM.
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
anime_grl

okay well i have the basics of it pretty much down. i have a corset that i'm going to spraypaint and i've made a prototype dress but it's too long and bulky at the end.. does anyone have any tips for THAT?
Unread 10-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

First off. I wouldn't suggest spray painting a corset... The paint will chip from any movement and just not look good. Dye is a much better choice.
How is it long and bulky? If it's too long just hem it. No matter what kind of skirt patter you used I'd suggest you wear a petticoat under neath to help it poof out. (:
Unread 10-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
anime_grl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigo_m. View Post
First off. I wouldn't suggest spray painting a corset... The paint will chip from any movement and just not look good. Dye is a much better choice.
How is it long and bulky? If it's too long just hem it. No matter what kind of skirt patter you used I'd suggest you wear a petticoat under neath to help it poof out. (:
i'm going to wear a petticoat but when i wear the whole thing the skirt curves around the petticoat in a weird way. what i did was fold a piece of cloth in half instead of hemming it. i figured that since i'll be wearing this cosplay in november in detroit it'll possibly help me keep a LITTLE bit warmer.. but i think i have a solution for that. biggest problem: corset. it's black. that would be hard to dye grey, right? if you have any ideas for that though they are very much appreciated! ^-^