Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
florx1n

Smile BB Cream and Face Primer Question :]

I usually only wear makeup when I'm cosplaying and try a makeup cosplay. I'm talking about Asia BB Cream ^^.. So this is my question..:

1. Which on is better? BB Cream or Face Primer? (Btw, I have a normal skin.. kind of dry but not oily)
2.can you wear foundation and concealer after you wear BB Cream? Is BB cream also a foundation?
3. Which on last longer? or which one can make makeup last longer?
4. once you used BB cream do you need to wear them everyday?
5. Can you wear foundation and concealer after you wear primer ?
6. Which one give you more flawless face? even in the picture?
7. Which one is cheaper ?

What do you guys wear for your cosplay makeup?

Oh.. and I always use Hazeline Moisturising Cream everyday, so.. do i need to left out that? I been using it for a long time now..for make my face whiter.. i look pale in my cosplay picture.. I wonder why.. I used foundation, concealer, powder and browner.. still make me look pale or maybe it's just the camera xD
:\ anyway..
That's all Thank you! (^_^)
florx1n is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #2
heatherW

The problem is, face primer and BB cream are completely different. BB cream is tinted heavily like a foundation, and primer is merely a clear cream used to help makeup stick better.

It's sound like you need primer, not BB cream as you already wear makeup. BB cream is a sort of all in one makeup/skincare but you CAN NOT wear it over night, like with any makeup.

For BB cream, it's basically foundation, but you can put concealer on top and powder.

Primer needs foundation, and everything else.

As for price, ordering BB cream directly from korea or japan is still cheaper than the high end primers here, which you can get at sephora.
heatherW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #3
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

In order:

From what I've heard about Asian BB creams, they have more pigmentation. Meaning they are like a foundation.

1: Primer can help smooth out the the surface of your skin before applying more makeup. BB Creams are supposed to smooth skin and provide some coverage.
2: You shouldn't need to wear both foundation and concealer if you are wearing BB cream. If the BB cream doesn't cover enough, add concealer where it's needed. Otherwise, fuller coverage foundation and concealer might be a better option.
3: This I don't know. I would read up on reviews of how long BB creams last on other people. Some of them may last 6-8 hours or more. A makeup primer should extend the wear of foundation and concealer. If it doesn't, the products are incompatible.
4: I don't understand this question. No one has to wear anything. If you choose not to wear a BB cream, that's fine. Unless you are allergic or sensitive to the products you choose, you can choose to wear (or not wear) any makeup on any particular day.
5: Yes
6: It depends on the techniques and the amount of coverage each product gives. Typically the routine is: primer, foundation/BB cream, concealer, powder. At least, this is the routine I use. There are lots of videos on YouTube on creating flawless skin. They can give you ideas.
7: Between which two things? BB Cream and foundation?
If your skin looks very pale in photos, you may be using products with SPF (sun protection), or simply the wrong color. Or you can blend the product into your neck and onto your ears. This way, your skin will look more even toned.
Here is a link to videos about BB creams, including reviews, application techniques, etc.
Hopefully some of my rambling helps!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
florx1n

Thank you so much guys! It help me a lot~ I'm going to buy a Primer that. I do blend the product to my neck, but not my ear.. ^^" I guess it because the power if i think about it.. Once again, Thank you so much for helping me ^^ #Hug-gu~
florx1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I use a BB for daily use (as its a quick fix product) but for cosplays a true full coverage foundation and face primer is what your need for you makeup to last a full 16 cosplay day.

If you foundation doesn't match do the ears as well as you will need to cover them in foundation. ^_^

FanEXPO
Wearing random Arda Wigs.
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, (maybe) Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote