Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #106
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Ouch. I was there last year. Desperate sewing and shopping the whole final 10 days. My fiance is way behind right now, but since I'm caught up, I can use my time to help him out. =)

Lucky wanna come and help me?

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #107
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutaya View Post
Lucky wanna come and help me?
Hahaha, if you happen to live on the UES, maybe the two of you can work out a timeshare. xD

Chosen, In Planning:
Red (with Subject Unknown), Tempus, Azir (with sand soldier[s])

Under Construction:
Ravager
eebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #108
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Cyclops is 100% done, Hawkeye is like 90%, and Red Hood is....like 70%? Waiting for my Helmet to arrive, plus some holsters. Should get on that.

In regards to couple cosplay, I think the Ultimates 3 made Pietro and Wanda a canon couple so.....lol. Also I'm fairly certain by being an active Cyclops cosplayer, that pretty much makes a Magneto cosplayer these days (because THAT wasn't hammered across enough in AvX).
That sounds pretty close to done to me. Considering that this time last year I still had one and a half whole costumes to do, that's basically complete.

Yeah, I'm going to ignore that. >< My personal canon is going to stick with good old platonic siblings. We're probably going to be doing older versions of them, based on my knowledge of which Quicksilver costumes my fiance likes best, so the Magneto in question would be the classic 80's-ish red tights and purple armor. =)

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #109
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
That sounds pretty close to done to me. Considering that this time last year I still had one and a half whole costumes to do, that's basically complete.

Yeah, I'm going to ignore that. >< My personal canon is going to stick with good old platonic siblings. We're probably going to be doing older versions of them, based on my knowledge of which Quicksilver costumes my fiance likes best, so the Magneto in question would be the classic 80's-ish red tights and purple armor. =)
I feel for you fiancee. While Mags/Wanda/Polaris had at least 1 good/iconic costume in the 616 canon, Pietro never really had a design that I really dug, except for something I think he had for like 6 months in the mid 90s. I feel bad for the dude, as he's Mags son, and like I said, that family usually has dope character designs.

I'm trying to not get ahead of myself for 2013 costumes, but I already want to do another version of Cyke (there's a Project Rooftop design that looks amazing) as well as Multiple Man/Jamie Madrox from the current X-Factor on-going. And I'm semi-comitted to 2 groups for c2e2 (X-Villians and Avengers villains), but luckily I'm borrowing those costumes, unless I change my mind about the X-Villian I wanna wear.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #110
NelBearPig

Quote:
Oh cool. I'll be running around as Cyclops w/ a Emma/Dusk/Fantomex with Eebee's Rogue and Gamit. Look for us if you want a photo or something!
Sounds great, that should make for a good picture!
NelBearPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #111
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

Quote:
Hahaha, if you happen to live on the UES, maybe the two of you can work out a timeshare. xD
No but I am in Long Island XD I think I should be ok though.

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #112
Kassandra_Leigh

I finally finished up my Hellfire Club cosplays! Friday im going in a latex star trek science officers uniform but Saturday ill be the Black Queen Selene with Sebastian shaw. Sunday? not sure! I always figure that one out last min as I pack haha I hope I can find an Emma or 2 to take photos with on Saturday though V_V
Kassandra_Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #113
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassandra_Leigh View Post
I finally finished up my Hellfire Club cosplays! Friday im going in a latex star trek science officers uniform but Saturday ill be the Black Queen Selene with Sebastian shaw. Sunday? not sure! I always figure that one out last min as I pack haha I hope I can find an Emma or 2 to take photos with on Saturday though V_V
When/how long are you guys where Selene and Shaw for on Saturday? I think I'm shooting w/ my crew around 1-1:30ish, but if you have your own photog, we could meet up with your 2 afterwards since I very much have an Emma.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 10-04-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #114
Kassandra_Leigh

We are doing Shaw and Selene ALL day Saturday.Im a bit lazy to do more than one costume in a day lol Its hard enough finding photos of one costume after con let alone that many.

Are you going to be at the 2:00 marvel shoot outside Javitstatue? Right now thats the only shoot we have solid n wat not.If you want to set something up hit me up on FB: http://www.facebook.com/Unseelie.Allure
Kassandra_Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #115
eebee

Quote:
I feel for you fiancee. While Mags/Wanda/Polaris had at least 1 good/iconic costume in the 616 canon, Pietro never really had a design that I really dug, except for something I think he had for like 6 months in the mid 90s. I feel bad for the dude, as he's Mags son, and like I said, that family usually has dope character designs.

I'm trying to not get ahead of myself for 2013 costumes, but I already want to do another version of Cyke (there's a Project Rooftop design that looks amazing) as well as Multiple Man/Jamie Madrox from the current X-Factor on-going. And I'm semi-comitted to 2 groups for c2e2 (X-Villians and Avengers villains), but luckily I'm borrowing those costumes, unless I change my mind about the X-Villian I wanna wear.
Don't feel too bad for him, it was his choice. =) and he's got the broad shoulders, defined muscles, and zero percent body fat needed to pull off his choice of 80's spandex jumpsuits. I'm more worried about my own costume!

I always get ahead of myself for costumes. I only have one con a year to go to, and might as well spend all year preparing.

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 10-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #116
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Don't feel too bad for him, it was his choice. =) and he's got the broad shoulders, defined muscles, and zero percent body fat needed to pull off his choice of 80's spandex jumpsuits. I'm more worried about my own costume!

I always get ahead of myself for costumes. I only have one con a year to go to, and might as well spend all year preparing.
::looks down, pokes smallish beer gut::: YOUR FIANCEE'S A JERK ::runs out of thread crying:::

Eventually I'll get down to one con a year, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT that's at least 2 years away. The glorious Trinity of PAX East, Heroescon and NYCC is a hard habit to break, Chicago is a dope city so C2E2 will happen again next year, and there's like 3 other cons I can do weekend cameos out to see ppl at/do on the cheap.

Unread 10-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #117
eebee

Quote:
::looks down, pokes smallish beer gut::: YOUR FIANCEE'S A JERK ::runs out of thread crying:::

Eventually I'll get down to one con a year, BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT that's at least 2 years away. The glorious Trinity of PAX East, Heroescon and NYCC is a hard habit to break, Chicago is a dope city so C2E2 will happen again next year, and there's like 3 other cons I can do weekend cameos out to see ppl at/do on the cheap.
Oh, I know. He is. ><

I'm not overjoyed to be at one con a year, but I'm too broke for hotel rooms in other cities and don't have a car anymore with which to get to them, so I'm pretty stuck with NYCC. =P

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #118
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Oh, I know. He is. ><

I'm not overjoyed to be at one con a year, but I'm too broke for hotel rooms in other cities and don't have a car anymore with which to get to them, so I'm pretty stuck with NYCC. =P
At least NYCC is a solid con to be stuck with, lol. It's one of my favorites Heroescon is amazing as well, but being in Charlotte, NC, it probably does you no good.

Also in sadder new, we MAYYYYYYYY be Emma-deprieve on Saturday. She's worried the costume may not be done in time, or something else. I will keep the X-group posted, and hope that KL doesnt curb stomp me after reading this.

Unread 10-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #119
eebee

Quote:
At least NYCC is a solid con to be stuck with, lol. It's one of my favorites Heroescon is amazing as well, but being in Charlotte, NC, it probably does you no good.

Also in sadder new, we MAYYYYYYYY be Emma-deprieve on Saturday. She's worried the costume may not be done in time, or something else. I will keep the X-group posted, and hope that KL doesnt curb stomp me after reading this.
Aww! If she's worried about completion, what parts is she missing? I have an Emma top, cape, boots, gloves, belt, and X pin. No pants, unfortunately - I've always just worn white jeans in order to have pockets - but she's welcome to borrow any of the other components if she wants!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Ravager

Last edited by eebee : 10-05-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Unread 10-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #120
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Aww! If she's worried about completion, what parts is she missing? I have an Emma top, cape, boots, gloves, belt, and X pin. No pants, unfortunately - I've always just worn white jeans in order to have pockets - but she's welcome to borrow any of the other components if she wants!
She actually got her comissioned by the same guy who's making my helmet, who does good work, but we're both a bit paranoid that it may not get shipped out in time. Plus there may be something running againist X-times on Saturday that's super relevant to her interests or something. Which sucks, but there's not much I can do. I'll run it by her though, and hopefully we can all work something out in the end!