Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 220 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #6556
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirniMausi View Post
Thanks a lot! I'll go look for a similar pattern.

As for buttons on the uniforms, they don't have that in the musicals. In the Stars Musical, they had zippers on the backside (which could clearly be seen as they went through the collar. I'll try to hide the zipper, though).

Cotton sateen sounds good

You helped a lot!!!
I didn't bother putting a zipper in my Eternal Myu Moon cosplay, it just seemed like too much of a hassle..

On to progress: Decided to re-do my hip rolls because the ones I made before are too hard and therefore can't attach them with snaps or sew them on. So instead, by remaking them, I'll stitch both the gold and pink layers together before stuffing with foam (decided to do foam this time, similar to Ranma's tutorial - to get a better shape (as my old hip rolls were bumpy as hell).

I also ordered two 16" zips to put on my boot covers. I cut the bangs on my wig and trying to make it all neat. I hair-sprayed the hell out of the pigtails, so now they're nice n straight and stiff - so I don't have to worry about brushing them every 5 minutes or worried about the fibres getting caught on my winged bow.

Got money so I can buy the feather boas to attach to my wings, so now I actually have to go out and buy them… Gloves are finished. Will start making the accessories soon!

Aaah, I've nearly finished this cosplay, so excited!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #6557
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Steffi-x View Post
I didn't bother putting a zipper in my Eternal Myu Moon cosplay, it just seemed like too much of a hassle..
I guess I'll pretty much decide after I checked what my sewing machine can do. Though I guess it would be easier to not put a zipper on it.

OMG, can't wait to see the finished costume *-*

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #6558
MissMina2
Cosplay not in a can

I got a chance to cosplay Sailor Moon again last weekend, though once again was stuck with a time crunch to make the costume I'm still happy with how it turned out. Got a few things here and there to fix but that's good with me since I'm con free for a few months. XD
Pictures:
http://missmina2.deviantart.com/art/...tice-322211963
http://missmina2.deviantart.com/art/...n-ID-322102519

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MissMina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #6559
Mr. Robot

Hey everyone! I uploaded a few test pictures of my regular and Super Sailor Mercury and figured I'd solicit some opinions from fellow cosplayers.

There are a few things I already know I want/need to do. I want to redo the bows and I have yet to get the shoulder guards to come out well. Plus, I didn't bother styling the wig just for a few quick test pictures. I'm mainly looking for input on stuff I am perhaps not thinking about. I have an Eternal version that I would certainly welcome input on as well, or just general comments or thoughts on any of them.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/227331/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/194435/
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/307374/

And for anyone wondering, yes, I am aware I don't look anything like a 14-year old middle school girl. I never will, nor do I really want to, I only aim on that front to do as well as I reasonably can; this is about having fun, after all. I am sure most all of you are perfectly awesome, but just in case, haters kindly hate elsewhere.

Last edited by Mr. Robot : 10-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Mr. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #6560
Ranma 1-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Robot View Post
Hey everyone! I uploaded a few test pictures of my regular and Super Sailor Mercury and figured I'd solicit some opinions from fellow cosplayers.
Looking good there, Esp loving your boots. ^_^
May - London MCM Expo - Madonna :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Jun - London Film & Comic Con -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Ranma 1-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #6561
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Guys.

I -finally- finished my Eternal Sailor Moon cosplay! I was supposed to have uploaded pictures last weekend, but I got ill...
So will be uploading them this weekend! I'm so excited because it means I can finally practice some of the Myu dances in costume, to see if anything will malfunction (hopefully not) or stay standing.

Ranma, will you be at the MCM Expo this month?

Unread 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #6562
Ranma 1-2

Hi Steffi, sorry to hear you have been ill. Hope you are feeling better. I look forward to seeing your Myu dancing, hopefully at Expo. Yes I am going to be there for the whole weekend (starting Fri) - hotel is all booked and confirmed, we just have to arrive. ^_^ I'm waiting to hear if I have been given a performance slot in Sundays masquerade, if so I will be doing Elle Driver hospital scene from Kill Bill. Next May Expo though I want to have Galaxia ready :P
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #6563
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Hi Steffi, sorry to hear you have been ill. Hope you are feeling better. I look forward to seeing your Myu dancing, hopefully at Expo. Yes I am going to be there for the whole weekend (starting Fri) - hotel is all booked and confirmed, we just have to arrive. ^_^ I'm waiting to hear if I have been given a performance slot in Sundays masquerade, if so I will be doing Elle Driver hospital scene from Kill Bill. Next May Expo though I want to have Galaxia ready :P
Ah, that's great to hear!

You too? I haven't heard about whether I've got a slot in the mini masquerade on Saturday, they were supposed to have sent emails out last week, but I don't think they got round to doing so.
Ha, that sounds so cool! Good luck with the performance!

You are doing Galaxia next year!? I'm going to May as well, as Super Sailor Moon, I'm a part of this huge Sailor Moon group that someone organised for May. We could certainly do with a Galaxia (I think we have a Beryl).

Unread 10-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #6564
Ranma 1-2

Yes planning to complete Galaxia for next May. I promised to save Galaxia masquerade performance for Chevy though (Angel Aiko). She is another lovely Sailor Moon cosplayer. Hopefully if it workds out the same day it would be a great photo op for everyone. oh, news up - just recieved an email tonight - I have been given a performance slot in Sundays masq So Elle Driver nurse cosplay is defo on for Sun. Are you cosplaying Sailor Moon both days at Expo?? I would love to see you there and say hi.
May - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Oct - London MCM Expo -
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #6565
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma 1-2 View Post
Yes planning to complete Galaxia for next May. I promised to save Galaxia masquerade performance for Chevy though (Angel Aiko). She is another lovely Sailor Moon cosplayer. Hopefully if it workds out the same day it would be a great photo op for everyone. oh, news up - just recieved an email tonight - I have been given a performance slot in Sundays masq So Elle Driver nurse cosplay is defo on for Sun. Are you cosplaying Sailor Moon both days at Expo?? I would love to see you there and say hi.
Oooh, I know Angel Aiko, talked to her online, but never spoke to her, or even met her in person! So it'll be nice to meet you both!
I think the Sailor Moon group is on the Sunday of Expo, I'll be wearing SSM on Friday and Sunday, and doing a Tokyo Mew Mew cosplay on the Saturday.

Aaaah, that's good, I'm coming to watch a friend who's also going as Eternal Sailor Moon in the masquerade on Sunday - that means I have two entries to look forward to!

I got an email from Expo also, got a slot in the mini masquerade!
I'm going to be Eternal Moon on Sat & Sun.

Unread 10-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #6566
tarinalove
alsoknownas Katarini

So, I am making boot covers for the first time and will be cosplaying Super Sailor Chibi Moon with my boyfriend as Helios this month! I'm really excited.

I do really need to get started on my costume though. Since I have like 15 or so days until the convention. But, I had my boyfriend's costume commissioned so it's no big deal.
I also already have the fabric, and will dying it for a good match.

Also I can't wait to see Steffi! That's so exciting, congratulations.<3

Mr. Robot, I like your costume, but may I recommend some mascara? It'll make your eyes pop and really helps with crossplaying/phtoography.

https://www.facebook.com/RinaMeowsir
I take commissions, just send me a message. <3

Last edited by tarinalove : 10-05-2012 at 11:36 PM.
tarinalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #6567
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Congrats Steffi!!!

As for my current progress, it looks pretty poor. As the event I was planning Serenity for got cancelled, I decided to do it for summer next year and do other projects before. Currently, I started working on my Sailor Busters-Costume (Sailor Stars Musical), but so far, I have only the brooch done and I still need the school uniform, jacket and of course I have to style the new wig. I hope I can finish everything before the con in november ;_;

Awww, Tarina, Chibiusa and Helios is always such a cute cosplay for couples! Can't wait to see it, you're such a cute Chibimoon <3

~Up Next~
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #6568
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...K/IMG_1223.jpg

Since I'm breaking Myu Saturn out again for Sakuracon 2013 and after inspection it's still in top shape with no maintenance needed, I remade the earrings and brooch to be less crappy. XD Brooch is still craft foam, just actually traced and cut out symmetrically and not eyeballed. The earrings are still Sculpey too, but I was a lot more careful in sculpting the Saturns, and noticed how the real Myu Saturn earrings have drops rather than the 3D kite shape (whatever that's called?) that anime/manga Saturn has. The rings of the Saturns also appear to be at an angle, which is good for my not-perfectly-straight rings. XD;;
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!

Last edited by Sui Kune : 10-07-2012 at 12:28 AM.
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #6569
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirniMausi View Post
Congrats Steffi!!!

As for my current progress, it looks pretty poor. As the event I was planning Serenity for got cancelled, I decided to do it for summer next year and do other projects before. Currently, I started working on my Sailor Busters-Costume (Sailor Stars Musical), but so far, I have only the brooch done and I still need the school uniform, jacket and of course I have to style the new wig. I hope I can finish everything before the con in november ;_;

Awww, Tarina, Chibiusa and Helios is always such a cute cosplay for couples! Can't wait to see it, you're such a cute Chibimoon <3
Haha, thanks!

Ooooh, looks like we'll both be working on a Serenity cosplay next year summer!
I don't think I've ever seen anyone do a Sailor Busters outfit, they're soo cute! Good luck with it c:
I'm sure you'll manage! My Pluto for Expo is panicking slightly, she has so much to do - I wish I could help her!

Unread 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #6570
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

Having time pressure always sucks :/ Hope your Pluto will make it

Awww, that'll be awesome! What version will you do? Anime?^^

Sui Kune: Aww, the accoessoires look awesome! Good work!

~Up Next~