Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Unread 10-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #121
eebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
She actually got her comissioned by the same guy who's making my helmet, who does good work, but we're both a bit paranoid that it may not get shipped out in time. Plus there may be something running againist X-times on Saturday that's super relevant to her interests or something. Which sucks, but there's not much I can do. I'll run it by her though, and hopefully we can all work something out in the end!
Ouch. I've never commissioned. Too scared of getting burned. I hope it all works out! And definitely let her know that if she does end up wanting to attend and happens to have similar measurements to mine, she can borrow my Emma Frost. She can even borrow my white jeans if need be. The only component I don't have is a wig. =)

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:
Ravager, Reina Roja (with Gabriel Santiago)
eebee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #122
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by eebee View Post
Ouch. I've never commissioned. Too scared of getting burned. I hope it all works out! And definitely let her know that if she does end up wanting to attend and happens to have similar measurements to mine, she can borrow my Emma Frost. She can even borrow my white jeans if need be. The only component I don't have is a wig. =)
She actually has the hair to pull Emma off w/o the wig, so there's no problem w/the hair department I'll let her know, and thank you, this is super cool of you, and like I said, hopefully this works out for everyone in the end!!

And I RARELY comission, but I know the dude, I've seen his work before and I imagine we'll luck out in the end and we're just both paranoid, buttttttttttttttttt there's always that chance you know?

Unrelated, hangage in less than 3 hours, YAYYY!

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #123
eebee

No problem, I'm happy to help out a fellow X-cosplayer! =)

Hurrah! I'll be heading out in a little over an hour, hour and a half, methinks. No harm in getting to Forbidden Planet early...=D

Chosen, In Planning:
Carmelita Fox (with Sly Cooper), Riza Hawkeye (with Roy Mustang), Emma Frost (with Namor, Phoenix Five editions)

Under Construction:

Last edited by eebee : 10-05-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #124
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

I'll be wearing my Rogue costume on Saturday!
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:42 PM   #125
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
I'll be wearing my Rogue costume on Saturday!
YOU BETTER! :P

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #126
sunseenli
Philosophaster Ephemerist

Quote:
YOU BETTER! :P
STALKER! Thank God you're cute; it would suck to be stalked by an uggo.
sunseenli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #127
eebee

Gasp! Have you been creeping on other Rogues behind my back? =O

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #128
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
No problem, I'm happy to help out a fellow X-cosplayer! =)

Hurrah! I'll be heading out in a little over an hour, hour and a half, methinks. No harm in getting to Forbidden Planet early...=D
Too bad there's nothing cool at FP...OH WAIT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseenli View Post
STALKER! Thank God you're cute; it would suck to be stalked by an uggo.
<3 Being cute is why I lead the X-men. And probably the reason we make NC-17 jokes with no one is looking, lol.

Quote:
Gasp! Have you been creeping on other Rogues behind my back? =O
LOL Suseenli is actually doing 90s Rogue, and hasn't cosplayed with me in FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRR (YES, THAT MANY Rs ARE NEEDED). SHE IS THE EXCEPTION BECAUSE SHE IS A LONG TIME LADY-BRO, AND SHE SAID I'M CUTE! :P

:: and then eebee shows up w/ 5 different Cyclopses (Cyclopi?) and a "EFF YOU ANARCHRIS" banner. :::

Unread 10-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #129
eebee

xD I was just joking around. That sounds like a good plan though...and at the average NYCC, it would only take me a matter of minutes to gather a herd of Cyclops clones...

Sunseeli, your Rogue looks awesome. Love the belt and pouches. =D

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #130
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
xD I was just joking around. That sounds like a good plan though...and at the average NYCC, it would only take me a matter of minutes to gather a herd of Cyclops clones...

Sunseeli, your Rogue looks awesome. Love the belt and pouches. =D
Cyclo-nes eebee, Cyclo-nes!!

That being said, I've only ran into maybe 2-3 Cykes per con, and for some reason the modern version never gets any love from aside of me (at the cons I go 2, I saw at least 2 from D*C photos). The Wolverines usually take time to point out that's because Cyclops is a jerk, but eff 'em, Wolverine is a dick.

Unread 10-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #131
EdxWinry
Yaoi Obsessed Uke

A quick update on my group: we're probably not going to have a Thor with us, since he just randomly decided he no longer wants to cosplay Avengers to the con. I'm pretty angry with him since I gave him a wig and helped him put everything together and he was very excited about it, and then out of the blue he decides he's no longer doing it.

So, we'll be a whole group minus Thor.
EdxWinry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #132
eebee

Quote:
Cyclo-nes eebee, Cyclo-nes!!

That being said, I've only ran into maybe 2-3 Cykes per con, and for some reason the modern version never gets any love from aside of me (at the cons I go 2, I saw at least 2 from D*C photos). The Wolverines usually take time to point out that's because Cyclops is a jerk, but eff 'em, Wolverine is a dick.
Really? I've usually seen a lot more. Though maybe that's just because I've usually been Emma Frost, and it just seemed like a lot because I posed with them all. xD

Wolverine calling Cyclops a jerk sounds pretty in character.

Heading out to FP now! See you soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdxWinry View Post
A quick update on my group: we're probably not going to have a Thor with us, since he just randomly decided he no longer wants to cosplay Avengers to the con. I'm pretty angry with him since I gave him a wig and helped him put everything together and he was very excited about it, and then out of the blue he decides he's no longer doing it.

So, we'll be a whole group minus Thor.
I think there was someone a few pages back who was going to be Thor and was looking for a group to join! You should drop him a line if you want to fill the spot!

Chosen, In Planning:

Under Construction:

Last edited by eebee : 10-05-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #133
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Really? I've usually seen a lot more. Though maybe that's just because I've usually been Emma Frost, and it just seemed like a lot because I posed with them all. xD

Wolverine calling Cyclops a jerk sounds pretty in character.

Heading out to FP now! See you soon!
Awesome!

And yea, I'll give them props for staying in character, but man, it's like funny for the first 5 minutes, and then it gets old REALLLLLLLLLLLLLL quick.

Unread 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #134
tsutaya
Night of Wallachia

If anyone's doing a last minute run around Garment District tomorrow, see you there.

=_=

★Next Projects★
tsutaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #135
amur311
amur311

For Friday: I'm going as Straitjacketed Deadpool. It will be my only Marvel Cosplay for NYCC. I might go as Iron Spider-Man Saturday
amur311 is offline   Reply With Quote