Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3196 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #56521
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I've just finished making some curd for my grandad when we visit him tomorrow. I hope things turn out to be better than they sound. Apparently we're driving over to him first thing (it's a 2-3 hour trip), having a coffee with him, then going to my maternal grandparents' for lunch, then coming back to chat with him for longer and coming back in the evening.
Best wishes for you guys, Bisected. I hope everything is well.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #56522
Lithium Flower
Handphones

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #56523
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

I was outside for no more than ten minutes and got like ten but bites on my feet and ankles. And people wonder why I'm not an outdoorsy person...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #56524
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Oh man standardized testing tomorrow should've studied earlier OTL.

(I mean, this is the third time I've taken this test, and I did really, really well last time. Is my score really supposed to go up THAT much?)

Ugh tomorrow morning is going to suck.
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #56525
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
Oh man standardized testing tomorrow should've studied earlier OTL.

(I mean, this is the third time I've taken this test, and I did really, really well last time. Is my score really supposed to go up THAT much?)

Ugh tomorrow morning is going to suck.
I totally know how you feel.
My feeling is that if you did really well last time you don't even have that much room for improvement....not that it can't or won't be done. Who knows? But for some people it kinda sucks. Since last year, one of my best friends has been forced to take SAT classes pretty much every day for hours at a time, even all through summer, and I don't think he's improving that much.
But seriously if you did really really well last time, then a.) I am SO jealous, and b.) why are you even taking it again?!?! Nevertheless, good luck! I know you're gonna do really well!

..So. Um. You should apply to RPI. Jussayin'.
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #56526
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

My mother was all: "You're going to regret not taking it again to get a higher score if you get rejected from these top schools!" And though there's some truth in that, I didn't actually get to study all that much with regular school in the way. (Granted, last time I took it the studying was actually kinda minimal too, and that was June when I was 5000% done with testing).

We'll just see, I guess. I'm just really dumb and should've been happy with the solid score I got last time, sigh.

And RPI... knew that was going to be brought up. *laughs* Thanks, Sakura. <3

(PS to people of the thread-- please leave me something amusing to come back to after the test, because Tumblr might still be down for maintenance and I will definitely be looking for a good laugh!)
  • Magic Armor Link (LoZ: Twilight Princess): 15% (Patterning) Katsucon 2015
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #56527
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

FRESH BAKED COOKIES ARE SO GOOD. <3

Stars- Ugh. Well, I understand what she means. One night, I was kinda getting stressed out over SATs (didn't realize they were at the beginning of the month.....I was being stupid) because I hadn't studied yet and my mom told me that I didn't have to take it if I didn't want to, because she saw how much I was stressing over it. But then probably last week or something she mentioned taking it again..........and I was all, "Wow mom, thanks. You told me last week that I didn't have to take it."
Haha well at this point, it can't hurt, either! (Well actually every time I take a standardized test I come home with a headache and don't do anything until the next day.)
You can count on me! But you would totally get in. Just curious, but are you planning on staying on the east coast? XD
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #56528
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Thanks to a week and a half playing Space Trader: Merchant Marine for hours a day, I have a new cosplay idea. ...probably not going to happen until 2014 or after. But at least now I know I have more things to create after AN 2014.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #56529
Drysi
Illiterate and Illusory

'Wistful' is a gentler synonym of 'self-fucking-piteous'.

I'm feeling wistful right now.
Drysi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #56530
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

YAY! I have strawberry milk!

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #56531
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

May or may not regret something I do tomorrow :/
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 12:09 AM   #56532
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Yeah, you may want to re-book ASAP, seeing you can probably get your deposit back if you cancel with 24 hours of check in. Also dare I ask how far out you are from the Javitis because that sort of hotel sounds like being based out of Chinatown.

And if your hotel is indeed poop and you wish to come back to NYCC for ATOMIC ROBO PLOTS, let me know in advance, and you can just crash at my place which is 100% cheaper.
I suspect that re-booking is not an option given my friends' budgets. Will be discussing with them though. It's the Carter, pretty much at Times Square, so reasonable enough distance from Javits.

I really appreciate the sentiment, but you should probably actually meet me before offering crash space! STRANGER DANGER
Unread 10-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #56533
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

DC Universe keeps disconnecting me. :| Blerg.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 08:53 AM   #56534
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I really appreciate the sentiment, but you should probably actually meet me before offering crash space! STRANGER DANGER
I'm pretty sure Starwind thought about it before offering you a place to stay XD

I admit understanding the whole "I've never met you" thing, but at the same time, I've always stayed with a minimum of 1 stranger at cons :/

I went to Fan-Expo to room with people I had never even met before and barely talked to. I'm also rooming with someone I never met at NYCC.

Though, that's really because --- if I went to events for people I knew, I'd only go to events around here.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #56535
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
I suspect that re-booking is not an option given my friends' budgets. Will be discussing with them though. It's the Carter, pretty much at Times Square, so reasonable enough distance from Javits.

Well yes, I'm fairly certain I'll meet you this weekend :P

Also I stayed at the Carter a few years back, while it was undergoing renovations. It's not a GREAT hotel, and the rooms are ass-small. But nothing terrible happened to us while we were there, so there's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildread View Post
I'm pretty sure Starwind thought about it before offering you a place to stay XD

I admit understanding the whole "I've never met you" thing, but at the same time, I've always stayed with a minimum of 1 stranger at cons :/

I went to Fan-Expo to room with people I had never even met before and barely talked to. I'm also rooming with someone I never met at NYCC.

Though, that's really because --- if I went to events for people I knew, I'd only go to events around here.
Yeah, I no longer do the stranger thing, but I have in the past and there was only one "Weird guy" incident and that was like a million years ago.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is online now   Reply With Quote