Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Devil May Cry

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 4.98 average.
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #1546
LordDraco3
On a mission

Try this: http://i40.tinypic.com/15yj4w2.jpg
LordDraco3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #1547
LoveofCountry
Guts & Honor, I like that

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81...a/109_0357.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81...a/109_0358.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81...a/109_0347.jpg

The Cerberus Ice chucks isss done.....minus some chipped paint. Gotta touch them up after all they went through at Anime Boston, but very happy with the way they came out.

DEVIL MAY CRY 4 LYFE!!!!

Katsucon '14
PAX East '14 !!
LoveofCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #1548
LordDraco3
On a mission

HOLY--

Would you be willing to share some construction secrets? Those look BADASS! Loving the glow, too
Unread 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #1549
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

My god, those are beautiful dude. Excellent work
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #1550
LoveofCountry

Appreciate it Deuce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDraco3 View Post
HOLY--

Would you be willing to share some construction secrets? Those look BADASS! Loving the glow, too
Thanks Draco. And sure, i don't mind swapping ideas with fellow DMC 'stumers.

Katsucon '14
PAX East '14 !!
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #1551
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

Well, got some new shots of my DMC2 Dante at Anime Central (which are in my gallery). The DMC shoot actually had a really good turnout this year which was heartening

Also, finished the DMC1 Grenade Gun. I will eventually get pics with the cosplay, but here's a shot of the completed piece

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=DSCN8311.jpg
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante

Last edited by Deuce_VII : 05-02-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 12:39 AM   #1552
Technowraith
Stealing Dante's Pizza...

Just finished the design estimate for the EL-sheeting effects for Devil Bringer. 177 square inches, requrin g a 12v dc inverter and battery pack. >.<

LoL

Current Cosplay Project:

Nero- Devil May Cry 4.
Current Costume status: Wig ordered.
Current Prop status:
Deathbringer: Full scale mock-up 85% complete. Design adjustments in progress.
Red Queen: Design in progress
Blue Rose: Not started yet.
Technowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #1553
ChancieChance

I've cosplayed before as Kyrie in the past, but unfortunately, no one recognized me. It was only one con that I wore her too, though, so it might have just been bad timing. There's normally DMC cosplayers all over the place at my nearby cons, so maybe my luck was just bad.
I was really looking forward to maybe cosplaying her again if she got a different outfit in a later DMC game, but with the reboot in the works, I doubt that will end up happening. Otherwise, there aren't any other Devil May Cry characters that I can pull off. So, unfortunately, no DMC cosplays are in the works right now for me.

Scrolling through here and seeing all of the work you guys are doing is very fun, though! I wish you all luck!
ChancieChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1554
LoveofCountry

Appreciate it, same to you Chancie :0)

Katsucon '14
PAX East '14 !!
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #1555
CosplayerGabi
Shotgun Badass

Welp, I had been skipping out on the last 2 or 3 DmC trailers cause it clearly wasn't made for me. Today they mentioned brotherhood being back and I had to look.

I was not pleased.
Also NT might want to work on their facial animation. Whenever he talked, I grimaced a little. I don't think I have ever seen faces and hair look that dated these days.
Unread 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #1556
LordDraco3
On a mission

Agreed. The saddest part is that overall reception seems to be improving (people really bashing on the "haters" these days) with every new trailer, but I think it looks worse at every turn. I hate it more NOW than I did when it was announced!
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #1557
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Me, too. Vergil's dialogue sounded like it was ripped from a terrible fanfic. Seriously, has there ever been a story involving twins that didn't have that exact same plot progression?! "I'm the brother you never knew you had! Come join me, because that's what brothers do! Wait, I am shocked and horrified that you don't share my exact worldview and beliefs even though we only met two days ago! Now we must inexplicably become mortal enemies!" It felt like I was being forced to read Eragon again. Ugh. (Also, parentless boy genius billionaire tampering with supernatural powers he can't control? Vergil is apparently Artemis Fowl now. It felt like Ninja Theory's writers just ran through the YA section at the local bookstore and said, "Hey, these tropes are popular with the kiddies.")

At least in the original DMC, Vergil and Dante had never gotten along, so it made a lot more sense for them to be antagonistic throughout the series.

...And don't get me started on the new costume designs. O_o

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #1558
Deathfire
Eats Stars

Since I feel silly posting a whole thread for what cosplay I'm doing, I hope it's okay to just post here. (Guh, I like never go on the forums, so I'm always lost, haha)

Anyways, so this costume has been floating in my head FOREVER, and I'm finally buckling down to do it! Right now I'm just drawing out concepts and templates for it before I start. (Hell, to be honest, I have yet to figure out how much all of this is going to cost. I just recently moved to San Francisco, CA, so I'm trying take care of my finances before I jump into anything too deep. >_< )

So here it is! Sin Scythe from the original Devil May Cry game! (and a shitty drawing of mine trying to figure it all out hahaha)

So since the graphics of the first games are very limited, I've taken the liberty to put more into the design.

My BIGGEST roadblock though, is my height. I know it doesn't matter in the long run, blah blah, but a 5' grim reaper is not all that intimidating. I do however have some tall platform boots that will boost me up to about 5'8" and I've also tried to think of ways to make myself look bigger (that's why I added a collar of feathers). Any suggestions perhaps?

EDIT: Oh, and to add, the scythe itself poses a bit of a problem, too. Transportation. I figured I could make it two parts (so the middle of the handle can screw on and off), and attach a mechanism to fold the blade down. Regardless, I feel like it's still too big. I'm sure I can carry this on a train if I'm lucky, but if I want to fly...then...erm...(and no, I don't feel comfortable shipping it)

Last edited by Deathfire : 10-06-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Deathfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #1559
AVAAntares
Sewing = 1/2 (Battle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathfire View Post
My BIGGEST roadblock though, is my height. I know it doesn't matter in the long run, blah blah, but a 5' grim reaper is not all that intimidating. I do however have some tall platform boots that will boost me up to about 5'8" and I've also tried to think of ways to make myself look bigger (that's why I added a collar of feathers). Any suggestions perhaps?
Platform shoes and big hair are always helpful! In my experience, the biggest thing you can do to boost your height visually is use the cut of the costume to make you look taller. In particular, A-line coats and skirts will add a lot of visual length -- especially since you're probably going to be photographed on your own a lot in this, without someone right next to you for reference. (If you do pose with someone, you can have the other person crouch down in an action pose to keep you from being dwarfed.) Assuming you're building some kind of skirt or robe to hide your legs (since the in-game design doesn't include it), you can make it an A-line to help you look longer and narrower.

Quote:
EDIT: Oh, and to add, the scythe itself poses a bit of a problem, too. Transportation. I figured I could make it two parts (so the middle of the handle can screw on and off), and attach a mechanism to fold the blade down. Regardless, I feel like it's still too big. I'm sure I can carry this on a train if I'm lucky, but if I want to fly...then...erm...(and no, I don't feel comfortable shipping it)
I like modular props, personally. My scythe (different costume) is about 5' tall assembled, but breaks down into short pieces for travel and storage. If you want to fly with it, I'd get a huge hard-sided suitcase (check thrift stores if you don't own a really big one already), measure the interior dimensions, and make all the individual pieces of the scythe short enough that they'll fit inside the suitcase. Then you can pack your laundry and costumes around the scythe to pad it when you travel.

You might have to downscale the blade for this, or make it in two pieces, but it's really the only way to fly with props. TSA doesn't like any kind of weird-looking objects going on an airplane (<- speaking from experience).

www.AndSewingIsHalfTheBattle.com
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it." Maimonides
AVAAntares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #1560
2DLogic
SSSmokin' Sick Style

After a brief reprieve as Alucard and Seras, my girlfriend and I are going back to DMC for next year's Dragon-con and AWA. This time we're going for DMC4 versions of Dante and Trish with our friends as Lady and Gloria. We are hoping to pull in some other friend's for a Nero, Kyrie, and Credo as well.
2DLogic is offline   Reply With Quote